SWA: Target Zero - Sat 26th November - St.Bride's Hall, Motherwell

jimmyjojojunior

Nikki Storm working heel sounds interesting, I've only ever seen her work as a Mickie James style face.

You've been missing out! Her work in EVE has been phenomenal and the crowd most certainly want her blood!

I've only ever seen Nikki as a heel and she is awesome at it. She's mouthy in EVE, but she had a mouth like a trucker back in Triple X Wrestling. She was the first person to say "cunt" at any of the shows and once spat at me.

Haha! Mouth like a trucker, genius!

Anywho! What a night in Motherwell - Fully sold out crowd, who were loud non stop. What an atmosphere! Here's the quick results:

CJ Hunter defeated Lewis Girvan

Falcon and Glen Dunbar defeated Black Samurai Jr. and Gyakufunsha Kyouyu

Andy Anderson retained his Scottish Heavyweight Title against Jackie Polo

Micken defeated Chris Renfrew and Dickie Divers in a 3 Way Dance

Erin Angel defeated Nikki Storm

Damian O'Connor defeated "The Grappler" Jack Gallagher

The Weapons of Mass Destruction (John "The Bomb" Graham and Nathan Black) defeated Eric Canyon and Adam Shame to win the SWA Tag Team Titles!!!

Thanks to all who came out and supported us for our 100th show!!! Here's to 100 more!

What a weekend of SWA shows two packed crowds and new entrance way.

Great to see both Erin Angel and Jack Gallagher in SWA hope to see them back in SWA in 2012.

And a big shout out to our new SWA tag team champions John "The Bomb" Graham and Nathan Black great to see some of the lads from the Source wrestling school doing well for themselfs.

Bring on 2012 :thumbsup:

Jam

More detailed thoughs on the show:

Crowd looked about 250-300 and they had to put out a fair bit of extra seating. Good crowd too, fairly lively throughout. I also liked the venue and the fact it had a bar was a plus.

CJ Hunter defeated Lewis Girvan

Always liked CJ Hunter and prefer him as the ocky heel type tht he was doing here. Match was a wee bit off timign wise at first but really picked up towards the end. Overall a good opener.

Towards the end of the night there was an issue with timing and stuff started to seem rushed. That could have been negated by not having this match. There was nothing wrong with it but it just seemed a little pointless and even a little like an extended squash at times.

Andy Anderson retained his Scottish Heavyweight Title against Jackie Polo

First time I've seen these guys in a singles match and was pretty impressed although I did feel it lacked any kind of title match feel. The match itself was solid and Jackie Polo has a great look and character going on. Andy Anderson was guilty of one of my pet hates which is wrestlers in trunks but with no wrist tape or elbow pads. I know it's petty but I just hate the bare look, so much so that Cody Rhodes does my head in!

Micken defeated Chris Renfrew and Dickie Divers in a 3 Way Dance

Beofre the match a folder was hung from one of the corners and we were told one of the wrestler lives would change forever. The match was then announced as Renfrew Vs Divers but Eric Canyon brought Micvken out and put him in the match. The kids ate this up although I felt it telepgraphed the finish a little which was Micken winning but opening the folder to reveal a huge 'Your (sic) Fired" sign. The match itself was very good though as you'd expect with these three in there.

Erin Angel defeated Nikki Storm

This was brilliant. Heel Nikki Storm is indeed well worth seeing. Came very close to being match of the night although the finish was a bit flat as a lot of the crowd missed what was happening. Post Match Scott Renwick coems out and hits his 'Meat Hook(?)' on Erin Angel. This was after he screamed at the female referee who responded by running away, which was just silly really as previously she'd been yelling and bossing the wrestlers as normal.

Damian O'Connor defeated "The Grappler" Jack Gallagher

Jack Gallagher looks like the bastard son of Bob Backlund. When I saw him my first though was 'I hate this guys look'. No knee or elbow pads, no wrist tape and small wrestling boots with red trunks plus thw whitest torso this side of Sheamus. However, once the match started I got right into it and both guys were bang on form. Definetely match of the night for me and I'd certainly like to see more of Gallagher. Post match Barry Miller attacked Damow ith a chair, save by Con who Damo almost blamed again. Damo shoved Con and Con then DID belt him with the chair.

The Weapons of Mass Destruction (John "The Bomb" Graham and Nathan Black) defeated Eric Canyon and Adam Shame to win the SWA Tag Team Titles!!!

Definetely the match which suffered most from time constraints. before the match Con announced himself special ref and then brought out a talent contract which i think he signed maybe reinstating himself to the active roster? I don't know for sure though as it was all very rushed. The match itself was well worked and the teasing of the DQ for Shame was very good as it gave the finish that nice element of surprise.

Overall this was a really good show, enjoyable throughout and not a bad match on the card. A great example of why SWA have made it to 100 shows.

Some really positive comments there! It was a great show, from start to finish, loved every minute.

Towards the end of the night there was an issue with timing and stuff started to seem rushed. That could have been negated by not having this match. There was nothing wrong with it but it just seemed a little pointless and even a little like an extended squash at times.

I think the point of the match was to continue the Falcon/BSJ feud, with Falcon gaining a dirty pinfall on his former ally. The two masked guys got some measure of revenge at the end though!

The show certainly went on later than usual, though. So much entertainment was fitting for #100, roll on #101!

Archived