IWF 11th Anniversary Show - Homecoming

IWF

IWF Homecoming Show

The longest-running wrestling promotion in the North East of England makes its grand return on Saturday 1st October at the Innisfree Social Club in Longbenton for its 11th Anniversary Show entitled "Homecoming".

Ticket prices:

Individual -

I'm willing to give this a try. I love wrestling in general and try to get to as many shows as possible and this one is very easy to get to. The thing I do like about what I've seen and read of you guys is that you don't try to belittle other companies to better yourself and don't try to be anything other than you are. Kind of a we are what we are deal some like it some hate it. I can't say I'll like the show as I'm not psychic and could leave myself open to seeing an awful show, which I hope it's not. But at least on attitude so far you're above other local shows.

Really!!! A good line up? For IWFs big return and biggest show of the year, we essentially have a weak card with the WrestleGateshead roster. Where is Assassin? Lewis Chambers? Jimmy Blade? TIm Stange? Billy Month ;p, Max Heat, all the wrestlers people actually know and who can wrestle. With Rise or Fall a week or so after this is a really week lineup to compete against the other north east promotions like NEWS and CRW.

It was already said at the last show that many of those have left IWF. So that'll be why, so taking those people out I do think it's a good card with what's there to use. I don't think it's right to compare to the other companies either, CRW cater for a completely different audience and NEWS is entirely comprised of outside bookings IWF are using people from their own training school. If you fit into the specific audience for CRW then chances are you wont like IWF and vice versa. Isn't that a good thing that people have options and differing versions to watch?

Really!!! A good line up? For IWFs big return and biggest show of the year, we essentially have a weak card with the WrestleGateshead roster. Where is Assassin? Lewis Chambers? Jimmy Blade? TIm Stange? Billy Month ;p, Max Heat, all the wrestlers people actually know and who can wrestle. With Rise or Fall a week or so after this is a really week lineup to compete against the other north east promotions like NEWS and CRW.

You just have to see some of the previous posts to know this is a crw guy which fits exactly into my earlier point of insulting some companies to benefit others.

As for the post I already stated I'm going into this blind and don't hold a lot of excitement for this but for

I don't think "Billy Month" was even a wrestler to start with, I think it's safe to say the north east scene tries to avoid negative competition, but caters supportive yet positive competition.

If you look at past shows produced by the 3 promotions, each promotion has used each others talent. Yes IWF lack in the talent they use to have, but this gives others a chance to step up, you've still got Brett Eagle (Who in my opinion should be main eventing as his talent and charisma surpasses every member on the current roster), Robbie Ryder, Adam Christ & TY McFly who both have experience and ability to provide watchable and enjoyable matches and have proven this in the past.

What people should be doing is give them a chance, don't compare, everyones unique, I don't think IWF are marking this as THE BIGGEST SHOW ever but a start of something new, like CRW, like NEWS they all started off walking now they're running, I have all faith in IWF to catch up in this race which would be perfectly titled 'The Great North Run'

Good luck IWF, give the best show you possibly can, I know you will :)

The IWF 11th Anniversary Show will also feature the debut of a new ring announcer for the IWF: Barry Wilson, DJ of AlterNation on NE1fm.

The IWF is pleased to welcome Barry into the fold and would encourage people to check out the AlterNation show at 7-9pm on NE1fm (102.5fm or via www.ne1fm.net/alternation), keep an ear out for IWF mainstay TY McFly who also DJ's on AlterNation.

UPDATES REGARDING IWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Further information regarding El Valiente's partner has identifed him as "Prodigio".

A fourth team has been added to the match-up as one of the greatest Tag Team wrestlers in IWF history unveils his new partner. Max Heat is a former Tag Team of the Year winner as well as one half of the longest-reigning Tag Team Champions ever in the IWF and he has brought in Lucas Marvel as his new partner claiming that he has the ability to raise Marvel to a new level and to the Tag Team Championships. When Heat teamed with Brett Eagle due to a random drawing, they were able to accomplish great things, can Heat now do the same for Marvel?

Quick results, I'll leave it to IWF to write up a full thing on the show. It was fantastic though.

1. ~ Max Heat and Lucas Marvel defeated Redback Squared, Los Aviadores and Adam Christ and Robbie Ryder to win the tag team championships. One of IWF's best matches of the entire year, a great way to relaunch.

a. ~ The Hall of Fame thing went... well, flip side up. Jed Masters, Hot Ed and the Wright Brothers got inducted, ripped up their certificates and demanded more respect and back into the company after they forced them out so long ago. TY and Kitty came out at that point and talked about how they left the company by their own choice, but ended up getting taunted into putting his number one contendership on the line against Jordan Wright in a No Holds Barred match by the end of the promo.

2. ~ Jordan Wright won the number one contendership off of TY McFly after "The Hall of Fame" (As they called themselves) went full beatdown on TY and Kitty. Tables broken, babies jumped over, kendo sticks cracked (and sent into the fans), full mayhem from start to finish.

3. ~ Big Kris won the other number one contendership spot in a match against Mark Anthony. Kris fell over on the outside of the ring. Twice. Was hilarious. Outside of that, the match was great, and set up Kris vs Wright on the 29th.

b. ~ Intermission, show was announced for the 29th of October, at the Innisfree Social Club once again. Jordan vs Kris for the title will be the main event, and the announcer said there'll be a tag team title match between Redback Squared and the Minto Brothers (Even though none of them are actually the champs).

c. ~ Kitty Morgan came out, and said what the Hall of Fame did was unacceptable, and demanded one of them come out right now. I didn't catch who came out, but it wasn't a HOF member.

4. ~ Kitty Morgan defeated whoever came out in a fun match, lots of comedy involved. And stiff kicks.

d. ~ Kitty got attacked by somebody after her match, didn't see who it was and it was never said who they were.

5. ~ Billy Morrison defeated Fracture the Clown (Something like that). Didn't expect much, but it was an awesome match for what it was, Clown is really good.

e. ~ Billy talked about how he was promised a World of Sport match tonight, and was denied it, but so long as he lives, he'll continue to keep World of Sport alive.

f. ~ During the entrances for the main event, Red Alert was announced by the Hall of Fame to be "dead", and Jed and Ed would enter the match to replace him and somebody else who wasn't mentioned.

6. ~ Main Event: Brett Eagle defeated Hot Ed, Jed Masters, Marcus Starr, Stevie Lafferty and The Vulture in Cuffed Chaos to win the Northeast Championship. Eliminations went down like this: Stevie went first, appearing to injure his knee badly during a missile dropkick, had to be helped to the back, hope he's alright. Vulture got disqualified a few minutes later for spitting something into Starr's face, but Jed and Ed pinned Starr almost seconds after. Lots of teamwork on Eagle, but Brett managed to roll up Ed and counter a spinning neckbreaker of sorts from Jed into a Brett's Prettier to cap off a good night... or not, as the entire Hall of Fame came out and beat up the new champ after the match. Big Kris, TY McFly and Kitty Morgan made the save and scared them off, but the show ended with a standoff between Kris and Jordan.

Was a great way to kick IWF off again, can't wait till the 29th.

• Paid Members

show was announced for the 29th of October, at the Innisfree Social Club once again. Jordan vs Kris for the title will be the main event, and the announcer said there'll be a tag team title match between Redback Squared and the Minto Brothers (Even though none of them are actually the champs).

Whoops, slip of the tongue there mate, I should of course have announced Heat / Marvel vs Mintos.Thanks for pointing that out.

Tis fine, still sounds like a great match and it's good to hear that the Mintos will be back with the IWF.You did great otherwise sir. It was your first time doing a show, right?Turn out I didn't exactly count, but it seemed strong. Around 80-90 people. Don't quote me on that.

Archived