WWE UK live events

Mike White

I'm taking my son and nephew to see their first WWE live event at Sheffield in November and was wondering a couple of things as it's a LONG time since I went to one.

1) What is the average cost of programmes, kids t-shirts etc?

2) At Sheffield Arena, our seats are in Block 211 towards the back end. I can see from the seating plan that it's opposite the aisle and know it's not going to be fantastic but wondered if the view is still decent. 1994 was the last time I went to Sheffield and my memory's not what it used to be ya know? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

If I were you I'd but them a shirt each from WWE.com or somewhere else that's not so expensive, then suprise them with the shirts on the way to the arena, that way they'll still be new and exciting! Don't buy to far in advance though or the shirts may not be current by the time you go!

They've actually got identical ones we bought a month or so back (with Cena, Orton & HHH) on in like a three panel picture so they had planned to wear them but I just thought it'd be nice to treat them to one on the night. Might have to go with your suggestion though.

Anyone with ideas on the seating. I genuinely can't remember how far back that area is at Sheffield it's been so long?

• Paid Members
They've actually got identical ones we bought a month or so back (with Cena, Orton & HHH) on in like a three panel picture so they had planned to wear them but I just thought it'd be nice to treat them to one on the night. Might have to go with your suggestion though.

Anyone with ideas on the seating. I genuinely can't remember how far back that area is at Sheffield it's been so long?

I know it's not too much help with specifics but I've been pretty far back watching wrestling and all sorts of other stuff in loads of different arenas all over & I've always been able to see, I'm sure t will be amazing for the boys if it's their first show even if you're pretty far back, just don't acknowledge how far back you are and I'm sure the boys won't even notice.

Are you going to make signs with them to bring? That might be fun and get them in the mood.

Ah yes, I remember them well haha.

As for signs, I'm going against my better judgement and letting them take one or two. I always used to bitch and moan about people who took signs to non-televised events but they want to do it so I don't want to be the killjoy dad/uncle.

One sign I will be 'demanding' they take is a 'We came to see Bert River' sign as part of mine and Dean Ayass' campaign in support of, well, erm.....BERT RIVER (aka. Alberto Del Rio)!!!

Please feel free to join the Facebook group....

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/120053038090528/

I know, I know....I'm almost 36, married with a child and a pretty respectable job. But we all need a simple pleasure in life from time-to-time. :thumbsup:

Cheers for all the advice so far.

if you think t-shirt pricing is bad, mate of mine manages a shop in braehead that sells wrestlers. 2 years ago when WWE headed into braehead, wwe management contacted him and requested he close his business as the wwe merch stall should be the only place to buy wwe merch when they were in the arena.

He politely told them to `get the F out!`

best thing to do is buy t-shirts, wrestlers and merch from other (cheaper) places, then give them to the kids throughout the day as a sort of a build up to the show. That way come show time they have their t-shirts, caps, toys and they`re in the queue, they aint gonna ask for anything!

• Paid Members

Looking at this thread got me thinking how badly I used to want to go see WWF. 1993 I was up at the crack of dawn hitting the redial button on the phone to try and get tickets, only to fail. More annoyingly my 2 of my mates get tickets and got to see Hulk Hogan wrestle live. Something I have wanted to do but never so much as seen him in person, never mind actually wrestle live :(

I've seen WWF/E a few times now and always enjoyed it, but I have no desire at all to go and see them right now. I think the only show I'm keen on seeing is WrestleMania. One day I would love to do it, but I wanna do it in style with ringside seats. No idea how you even go about getting ringside never mind the cost, but yeah, that's my WWE goal.

if you think t-shirt pricing is bad, mate of mine manages a shop in braehead that sells wrestlers. 2 years ago when WWE headed into braehead, wwe management contacted him and requested he close his business as the wwe merch stall should be the only place to buy wwe merch when they were in the arena.

He politely told them to `get the F out!`

best thing to do is buy t-shirts, wrestlers and merch from other (cheaper) places, then give them to the kids throughout the day as a sort of a build up to the show. That way come show time they have their t-shirts, caps, toys and they`re in the queue, they aint gonna ask for anything!

I wouldn't think that WWE would have a leg to stand on to tell A1 Comics to close their shop for the day just because they have a show on that day. It's probably the shops busiest day in trade for wrestling related items.

I wouldn't think that WWE would have a leg to stand on to tell A1 Comics to close their shop for the day just because they have a show on that day. It's probably the shops busiest day in trade for wrestling related items.

They didnt have the shop at that point, still the stall.

On a positive note it did get them talking and due to the growth from stall to shop (in braehead anyway) helped to get the John Morrison signing organised (which was the second ranked `WWE` google worldwide search listing after wwe.com itself for the time)

but back to subject,

i find most WWE tour merch to be bland. Generic t-shirts and merch which you`ll find at 1/5th of the price 2 weeks later on ebay. I know atmosphere and `other kids` make it impossible for us parents to not buy stuff but prebuying with a straight head helps alot in the cash front than adrenaline fuelled impulse buying!

Was it A1 that had the stall at Braehead? I know in April they had John Morrison doing an autograph signing at A1 Comics and they certainly didn't have as much stuff for sale instore as they did at the stall. I remember talking to the guy in the que, i think he was a security guy cause he would send a small number of people into the store every 10 minutes or so in the line for the signing and he was talking about how they hoped they had organised everything well enough so that WWE might consider coming to them for an autograph signing everytime they do a show at Braehead and they were expecting around 100 people to show up but at the point i was in the que he said there had to have been over 300 so far and they were originally told no photos with John could be taken so that more people could get a chance to meet him but John wasn't refusing any photos so John was taking pictures with everyone, he had met 3 times the number of people they were expecting to get and at the point i was in the que there was a good 20 minutes left of the signing so everything was well within the allocated time limit for the signing. They thought that was pretty impressive and were hoping WWE would be impressed.

As far as merchandise at the shows. I was at Raw in April and the only main t-shirt that was in a kids size was the John Cena shirt. They had all the other shirts like Randy Orton, The Miz, Triple H, The Rock, even had a William Regal and Kane one but i think that's just leftover stock from 2006 lol and some others so i wouldn't worry about your kid wanting all these different shirts because when it comes down to it, they don't sell those shirts in kids sizes at the shows. They did have kids Randy Orton ones there but it wasn't the one he wears on TV, it had a completely different deisgn on it, almost cartoon like. WWEEuroshop.com is pretty much the same, John Cena is the only wrestler where they stock the kids sizes in t shirts, everyone else has kids shirts with childish designs on them, WWEShop.com is the place to go if you want the proper shirts in kids sizes and they are also cheaper too. Adult T-Shirts are

Archived