Wrestling in the midlands?

markyyboyy

Am biased, because I do work for these promotions, but I would recommend:

WAR in Rugby (promote 5 times a year in front of 200-300 people) - skewed towards the target demo (i.e kids and families) in terms of storylines - simple good guy vs bad guy stuff, but the work is solid to very good.

Also FCW in Dudley - A great roster, well booked and coherant storylines that develop on a month by month basis.

And AWE in Tipton - Similar nucleus of roster members to FCW but shows have a completely different feel. Tend to run BIG spectacular main events with gimmicks that go down well with the regulars. Just had Davey Richards on their last show and are going places.

Am biased, because I do work for these promotions, but I would recommend:

WAR in Rugby (promote 5 times a year in front of 200-300 people) - skewed towards the target demo (i.e kids and families) in terms of storylines - simple good guy vs bad guy stuff, but the work is solid to very good.

Also FCW in Dudley - A great roster, well booked and coherant storylines that develop on a month by month basis.

And AWE in Tipton - Similar nucleus of roster members to FCW but shows have a completely different feel. Tend to run BIG spectacular main events with gimmicks that go down well with the regulars. Just had Davey Richards on their last show and are going places.

Thanks for the recommendations, cant find anything recent on AWEs website, could you fill me in on upcoming events?

Two promotions I'd recommend are:

House of Pain Wrestling Academy in Nottingham City Centre. 2 min walk from the train station.

Shows run once a month normally. Great atmosphere and a talented roster. Cheap entry as well at

Looks like everyone is shilling themselves lol, so I may as well have a punt...

I would highly recommend Phoenix Pro Wrestling based in West Bromwich (www.phoenixprowrestling.co.uk - lots of information on that website)

Regularly featuring El Ligero, Jonny Storm (who sadly lost a loser leaves PPW match last month), Keith Myatt, Paul Malen, Kid Fite and Tommy Gunn, plus featuring appearances from Lionheart, Stixx, James Mason, Brandon Thomas, Andy Boy Simmonz, Marty Scurll, Zack Sabre Jr, Bubblegum, Johnny Saint and many more top stars of British Wrestling, PPW aims to bring back the highest level of professional wrestling to the West Midlands.

We have also featured international stars such as Raven and CZW's Drew Gulak and have the wheels in motion to bring in more top talent from around the world in the not too distant future.

Combine this with PPW's approach to bringing through the finest young talent in the UK, via its Evolution League, PPW is the definitely the way forward MarkyyBoyy :thumbsup:

As mentioned previously in the thread our next show is a Special "Like It Used To Be" World of Sport show on Sept 16th in West Bromwich.

Kincaid - Thanks for the recommendation!

Thanks

Chris

PPW

AWE's Upcoming Dates:

Sept. 4th @ The Millenium Community Centre in Moreton, Newport

Oct. 15th @ The Tipton Sports Academy, Tipton

Also Fight Club: PRO, WAR and FCW always run good shows. Heard good things of AMP/XXX Wrestling as well. NSW have some really packed looking cards coming up.

Archived