ADSL Micro Filer Question

Mr Mojo Rising

Hi all

Just had SKY HD fitted yesterday, since then I have had no internet connection. I have just called my ISP who have advised that I need a ADSL Micro Filter, problem is I already have one fitted, (It is a few years old though) as I previously had SKY and I have just upgraded to HD.

They have advised me to purchase a new one and that

• Paid Members

If you're using an ADSL internet connection, every phone socket needs to have a Micro filter, otherwise you wont be able to use the net. I had this issue with Sky too, basically the filter they provided for the sky box was faulty. Buy a few from PC world, they're a couple of quid each and fit them to all your phone sockets. Should do the job.

• Paid Members

I'm having similar problems, I think.

Got broadband installed two weeks ago. Everything was fine for the first week but now my speed has just died. I think the problem might be with the installation since the way it's been set up means the signal goes from the phone line through two splitters and a microfilter. Is that normal?

I've phoned up to question this but the woman I spoke to got me to check my outgoing connections, and when I told her I had twelve, insisted that the problem was with my laptop and refused to consider any other possibility. I know that isn't the case since (A) I shut my browser down and tried -netstat again, there were three connections (B) I have another PC and a mobile that are getting the same crappy speeds. Even the Sky+ box itself can't connect to the Anytime Service because of the connection speed.

Will phone up again tomorrow and hope I get a better operator.

Archived