PDF and Word problems

darepool

Hi guys. I have recently downloaded an application form, it is in PDF and word format. When opening either of the two formats I am unable to fill in any details in the fields?

Any idea why this may be? It's not down as read only either.

This modification is not available because the selection is locked is one of the messages that highlight when trying on WORD.

Just a thought, but is this an online application, or are you supposed to print it out and fill it in by hand? PDFs are rarely used for documents which require updating and it looks like they've gone to a lot of trouble to prevent it.

I don't know the answer to this, I'm useless with PDFs, so I've got my own query about them:

Sometimes when I export PDFs and send them to people with Macs, they show up as blank documents. This depends on the reader you're using -- if they've got Adobe Reader it's fine, but the standard Mac preview program just has blank pages. I was using a lightweight PDF reader on my (Windows) netbook and the same thing happened on there. The only way I've found around this is exporting the PDF as JPEGs and recompiling as a PDF of those, but it increases the filesize to stupid amounts. Any ideas?

Archived