NGW Summer Smash Brawl 4; Hull; Sun Aug 7th; NGW/DPW weekender

Dunny

I was at the trainee show tonight at NGW. And what a show. The training school is certainly turning out some good prospects for the future. Also like the way that they mixed in some regular roster guys in there too.

NGW certainly generates alot of energy at its venue. Really looking forwar to the August show.

Good work lads.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nathan Cruz, as ever, makes a bold and brave statement and challenges one man to come to NGW. He calls out one of the biggest and most popular names in British wrestling. View the video to watch the Showstealer and find out who!

Never seen Dean Allmark wrestling, actually still have somehow never been to an All Star event, but I've heard good things and it's interesting to see this storyline of Cruz challengings the UK's best continue further.

Never seen Dean Allmark wrestling, actually still have somehow never been to an All Star event, but I've heard good things and it's interesting to see this storyline of Cruz challengings the UK's best continue further.

Dude... How have you not been to an All Star event? :|

Dude... How have you not been to an All Star event? :|

I legit have no idea. My first ever show wasn't until the second IWP Gemtec show. Not long after that I was too busy with the first batch of 1PW shows to get to one. Same went with WWE, didn't make one of there shows till November 2009 either.

All star is on my list, though I fear I might kick a small child in the face. I hate blow up hammers to much...

I've seen Deano at All Star but feel his performances at Dragongate / DPW and IPW were far better !

I've seen Deano at All Star but feel his performances at Dragongate / DPW and IPW were far better !

I think he steps up his game on these 'indy' shows. All Star are very family based shows where a majority of the matches consist of less spots and A LOT of crowd work; involving things like "England" and "Easy, easy" chants. If you want to compete with some of the pacing and charisma of guys like CJ Banks (who he faced most recently at DPW) you're going to have to take it up a notch.

Final competitor confirmed for the Summer Smash Championship

A our recent Academy show Proving Ground II, after his team's match, Dara Diabo grabbed the mic and announced that he had been selected by NGW to be the final entrant into the Summer Smash Championship for the opportunity to become the number one contender to the NGW title.

Here he discusses his opponents for the evening alongside his new tag partner, El Ligero. He also discusses the competition left in the tag team tournament much to the dismay of his Los Amigos tag partner, El Ligero.

Announced so far:

Round Robin Tournament

Joey Hayes V Spud

Round Robin Tournament

Joey Hayes V Dara Diablo

Round Robin Tournament

Spud V Dara Diablo

3 matches that I'm sure NGW regulars will agree are matches not to be missed! With much more to be announced!

As you may have seen or heard, for the first time ever the NGW Title is to be defended outside an NGW ran event. 'The Showstealer' Nathan Cruz will be appearing for Dynamic Pro Wrestling on Saturday 6th August in Wakefield. Everyone at NGW is extremely excited to see the prestige of the NGW title raise even further and it is made even more special as the show is part of a huge Yorkshire weekender with our friends over at DPW.

After discussions between the two sets of management it was agree that the contender for the title should be somebody familiar with both NGW & DPW fans. The challenger has recently been confirmed as none other than 'The Mexican Sensation' El Ligero. For more information on what should be a great show please check out http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2418125.

This raises up some interesting possibilities. Could the next time NGW fans see Nathan Cruz be without him holding the belt? And could El Ligero be crowned NGW Champion by the time Summer Smash Brawl 4 comes around? What implications could this have on NGW's newest tag team Los Amigos as the very next night Dara Diablo competes in a round roin tournament for the right to face the NGW champion...whomever that my be.

What we DO know for sure is that IF Ligero does win the title we wouldn't want Summer Smash Brawl 4 to roll by without having our new champion on the show. So after pulling every card in the book and re organising transport issues we have managed to confirm that El Ligero will be appearing at Summer Smash Brawl 4 the very next night at the home of NGW, The Eastmount Centre!

Will he have that belt with him? Will he be supporting his new tag team partner?

Round Robin Tournament

Joey Hayes V Spud

Round Robin Tournament

Joey Hayes V Dara Diablo

Round Robin Tournament

Spud V Dara Diablo

El Ligero also set to appear!

As you may have seen or heard, for the first time ever the NGW Title is to be defended outside an NGW ran event. 'The Showstealer' Nathan Cruz will be appearing for Dynamic Pro Wrestling on Saturday 6th August in Wakefield. Everyone at NGW is extremely excited to see the prestige of the NGW title raise even further and it is made even more special as the show is part of a huge Yorkshire weekender with our friends over at DPW.

After discussions between the two sets of management it was agree that the contender for the title should be somebody familiar with both NGW & DPW fans. The challenger has recently been confirmed as none other than 'The Mexican Sensation' El Ligero. For more information on what should be a great show please check out http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2418125.

This raises up some interesting possibilities. Could the next time NGW fans see Nathan Cruz be without him holding the belt? And could El Ligero be crowned NGW Champion by the time Summer Smash Brawl 4 comes around? What implications could this have on NGW's newest tag team Los Amigos as the very next night Dara Diablo competes in a round roin tournament for the right to face the NGW champion...whomever that my be.

What we DO know for sure is that IF Ligero does win the title we wouldn't want Summer Smash Brawl 4 to roll by without having our new champion on the show. So after pulling every card in the book and re organising transport issues we have managed to confirm that El Ligero will be appearing at Summer Smash Brawl 4 the very next night at the home of NGW, The Eastmount Centre!

Will he have that belt with him? Will he be supporting his new tag team partner?

Round Robin Tournament

Joey Hayes V Spud

Round Robin Tournament

Joey Hayes V Dara Diablo

Round Robin Tournament

Spud V Dara Diablo

El Ligero also set to appear!

Hope i aint splitting hairs? But the DPW Show is in Pontefract, Not Wakefield. :thumbsup:

I did wonder this on past trips to DPW shows but Wakefield is a city but it is also a distrcit too apparently so Pontefract is in the district of Wakefield, along with many of the other towns that DPW run

I did wonder this on past trips to DPW shows but Wakefield is a city but it is also a distrcit too apparently so Pontefract is in the district of Wakefield, along with many of the other towns that DPW run

Yeah.. What Dunny said, haha

Yeah.. What Dunny said, haha

So if i turned up in Wakefield to see the show that was in a district of Wakefield (Pontefract), Would i not have a good reason to be pissed & wonder why it was not advertised as Ponteract (A District in Wakefield)? When you have a many hairs as i do, Splitting them is a definate option! If you admit you were wrong i will go away or this could be a long one? :laugh:

So if i turned up in Wakefield to see the show that was in a district of Wakefield (Pontefract), Would i not have a good reason to be pissed & wonder why it was not advertised as Ponteract (A District in Wakefield)? When you have a many hairs as i do, Splitting them is a definate option! If you admit you were wrong i will go away or this could be a long one? :laugh:

No, because Dunny is not stating the exact location. He said Wakefield as a general because Pontefract is in the Wakefield area. If you randomly turned up somewhere in Wakefield without looking for the exact lOcation of the venue.. Then your never actually going to find it :p

Archived