NGW Summer Smash Brawl 4; Hull; Sun Aug 7th; NGW/DPW weekender

Dunny

No, because Dunny is not stating the exact location. He said Wakefield as a general because Pontefract is in the Wakefield area. If you randomly turned up somewhere in Wakefield without looking for the exact lOcation of the venue.. Then your never actually going to find it :p

I beg to differ Sir! If you read his post back, it clearly reads "In Wakefield" Yet is not "In" Wakefield. That is a clear description of the City of Wakefield & NOT a district of Wakefield. If you are encouraging people to travell any kind of distance where they maybe unfamiliar with the location of the venue (say from Hull, The City of Hull, Where Hull is located!) Would it not be fair to suggest that it could lead to confusion to advertise a show "In Wakefield" that is actually "In" Pontefract? :p

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I beg to differ Sir! If you read his post back, it clearly reads "In Wakefield" Yet is not "In" Wakefield. That is a clear description of the City of Wakefield & NOT a district of Wakefield. If you are encouraging people to travell any kind of distance where they maybe unfamiliar with the location of the venue (say from Hull, The City of Hull, Where Hull is located!) Would it not be fair to suggest that it could lead to confusion to advertise a show "In Wakefield" that is actually "In" Pontefract? :p

No.. Because on inspection of the actual venue details you would find where exactly the venue is and therefore will realise standing in the middle of Wakefield city centre would be a daft idea ;)

I was considering attending this event but am now confused.

Is this venue actually in Wakefield, as I will be working near there at the time of the show, or is it near Wakefield etc.

I have been round Wakefield centre a few times and am unfamilar with the venue.

No.. Because on inspection of the actual venue details you would find where exactly the venue is and therefore will realise standing in the middle of Wakefield city centre would be a daft idea ;)

& What if you chose not to do that & take Dunny"s post at face value arriving "IN" Wakefield, Looking for the venue that is actually been falsely advertised ?

I can't make the Hull show though.

Sorry to hear this, I have no doubt you will miss one hell of a show. May i suggest you pay NGW a visit on 09/09/2011 for "Revelations" Which has Cruz v Dean Allmark, another semi-final ot the Tag Tourney to crown the first ever NGW Tag Champions + A VERY big as yet unannounced match.

NGW Is located on the Longhill Estate, that is most definately IN Hull!

& What if you chose not to do that & take Dunny"s post at face value arriving "IN" Wakefield, Looking for the venue that is actually been falsely advertised ?

Who.. In any stretch of imagination sets off to a show with the idea of knowing the venue is in a town/city/area but doesn't find out the details of the venue.

Your clutching at straws here Dougie :p

I have never set off to a show without finding out where the venue is!!!

SMS the venue for Saturdays DPW show is Pontefract Town Hall, Pontefract, Wakefield. Full details are in the DPW thread

Dougie, you seem to be asking for a argument for arguments sake tonight. Clearly someone would find the entire address of the venue before setting off, if they where anal like myself they would probably Google street view the venue as well. Unless you were either an idiot, a fool, or the Goon.

Though as you were buying most of my drinks yesterday... I agree with Dougie on whatever crazy statement he has made :thumbsup:

Dougie, you seem to be asking for a argument for arguments sake tonight. Clearly someone would find the entire address of the venue before setting off, if they where anal like myself they would probably Google street view the venue as well. Unless you were either an idiot, a fool, or the Goon.

Though as you were buying most of my drinks yesterday... I agree with Dougie on whatever crazy statement he has made :thumbsup:

-AJB- Like all good Whores, You can be bought! :thumbsup:

Who.. In any stretch of imagination sets off to a show with the idea of knowing the venue is in a town/city/area but doesn't find out the details of the venue.

Your clutching at straws here Dougie :p

I have never set off to a show without finding out where the venue is!!!

SMS the venue for Saturdays DPW show is Pontefract Town Hall, Pontefract, Wakefield. Full details are in the DPW thread

Cheers!

I am pretty sure I am not the only one confused by the location in Togas sig.

If he changed it to how you said it then there would be no confusion.

It just sounds like it is in Wakefield itself, not Pontefract, which is part of Wakefield.

Have to look into where abouts the venue isxas I don't know Pontefract at all.

The NGW show just falls on the wrong date as I have a relatives birthday to attend.

I should almost definetly be at the next one though.

• Paid Members

I don't know who is right here , I've known Toga for quite a while , he once helped me out of the biggest jam and we get on great , I've known Paul for a year or so , get on well but here is the fact - I reckon I'm more likely to get a beer out of Paul - yes I can be brought.

What was the disagreement about again ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Interesting discussion... I may be pulling an Alex Shane here with some classic conspiracy theories, but perhaps the WWE created Wakefield as a district and a town many years ago for the soul purpose that they knew one day DPW would run shows in Pontefract/Wakefield and the location would confuse punters, which would clearly effect the draw and earnings of DPW. This of course would take out what is seen as such massive competition to WWE's global empire.

Just a suggestion.

Interesting discussion... I may be pulling an Alex Shane here with some classic conspiracy theories, but perhaps the WWE created Wakefield as a district and a town many years ago for the soul purpose that they knew one day DPW would run shows in Pontefract/Wakefield and the location would confuse punters, which would clearly effect the draw and earnings of DPW. This of course would take out what is seen as such massive competition to WWE's global empire.

Just a suggestion.

DAMN THAT VINCE!!!

To throw my local opinion about the DPW location..

Whilst Pontefract does have a Wakefield postcode, it is definitely a town in it's own right. So I'd say the show is held at Pontefract Town Hall, Pontefract, West Yorkshire.

Anyway.

Still not reserved tickets, can I reserve to pick up on the day?

Archived