Dropkixx at Ilford Sports Club on 4th June 2011.

Chorley

Damn Barry Ryan vs Josh Faulkner this should be worth the trip alone. Ive seen Barry Ryan on LDN and I must say he was fantastic. I attended an All Star bill in Gravesend last month and was very impressed by the skills and physique of the youngster Faulkner.

I've never experienced a Dropkixx show before so this should be something. I went along to the NWA Hammerlock Show in Maidestone a few weeks ago and thought the guys representing Dropkixx (Devin Byrne and Cell) were a bad choice. Apart from that I have yet to experience any of the Dropkixx wrestlers.

Here's some things for you to read about the upcoming bouts

"Gentleman" Jon Ritchie W/ Poncemby Pendleton Pratt vs Bullseye

The main event for our forthcoming fourth show at ilford's Cricklefield Stadium has been announced. Former three time British Heavyweight Champion Jon Ritchie will face current IWC Middleweight Champion Callum Chuck in a Lord Mount Evans Rules match, contested over six 3 minute rounds.

This is a huge contest, as Jon Ritchie, who will be accompanied no doubt by Eddie Cornell, is one of the biggest names on the current UK circuit and as head trainer and founder of Dropkixx Wrestling school, is one of the most sought after trainers in the country.

Chuck on the other hand is one of the fastest ascending Dropkixx stars of recent times. He was our 2009 Best Newcomer as well as our 2010 Best Face. He won the Middleweight Championship in his second year with us, and has quickly become one of our most successful shoot wrestling stars.

This match is certainly student versus teacher, and one which will be talked about for months to come I am sure.

Devin Byrne vs. Stewart "Mountain Stew" Shephard.

This will be an interesting one as Devine has gone from strength to strength in 2010 becoming one of the most veteraned performers on the Dropkixx roster. He was awarded the prestigious Match Of the Year and Wrestler Of the Year awards last year, along with Best Body for his impressive physique. He was also NWA-Hammerlock UK Heavyweight Champion for most part of last year.

Stewart Shephard on the other hand is one of the most promising new members of our roster having really come along during the past 12 months. This contest is certainly going to be the biggest match of his career so far. Will definitely be an interesting encounter.

Barry Ryan vs Josh Faulkner

Barry Ryan is one of the most respected and accoladed athletes at Dropkixx. He is a two time IWC Light Heavyweight Champion and has been one of the most looked unto wrestlers in the country. He has found success outside the Dropkixx ring as he has been featured on LDN Wrestling and has begun a shoot fighting career with his first match currently scheduled for August this year.

Josh Faulkner, well anyone whose watched any major wrestling show over the past six months will know who he is. He has truly found success on the UK circuit as the 15 year old teenage sensation. He was voted one of our two 2010 Wrestlers Of the Year, primarily for his continued efforts representing the Droplixx style on the UK circuit. He is a success at Dropkixx also as he is the current IWC Lightweight Champion, as well as the IWC Heavyweight Jinior Champion.

This will be an interesting contest for certain as Faulkner will look to be a clapping and roaring success against the much more technically sound Ryan.

"The worlds most pissed off man" Dan Eels vs "Fabulous" Lucas Jackson

This one will be between two close friends who began training together almost seven years ago, but up until now have never met each other in the squared circle. We are of course talking about "The World's Most Pissed Off Man" Dan Eels taking on "Fabulous" Lucas Jackson.

"Fabulous" Lucas Jackson has had a career of doing all sorts. Starting off as an MC, becoming the voice of Dropkixx for almost five years as well as managing the most successful stable in Dropkixx history - the Action Faction. In this Action Faction he went on to manage the man who would become a three time British Heavyweight Champion, Jon Ritchie as well as top wrestlers such as Danny Garnell, Ashley Cray and Brad Beck; who Jackson held the Dropkixx Tag titles with.

In 2010 he began his in ring career properly, and after years of being on the wrong side of the fans has become one of the most beloved members of the roster - winning the Best Character award in 2010. With recent wins over the IWC Heavyweight Champion "Honest" Ernest Sterling and Josh Faulkner under his belt he is on a bit of a roll, and will hope that this continues at Ilford IV this Saturday.

However he faces one of the most accomplished wrestlers in Dropkixx - Dan Eels. Dan Eels has found success both as a tag team wrestler as well as a singles wrestler. With victories over the likes of Cell, Jon Ritchie and Josh Faulkner it is easy to see that his permanently annoyed and angry mind seems to work inside the ring. He is a vicious brawler with a forearm that is able to break tree trunks in half. His accomplishments in 2010 enabled him to win the prestigious Wrestler Of the Year award.

So while it is safe to say that these two are friends, this is set to be one hell of a contest as two completely different styles meet for the very first time.

More to come I think.

I popped along to this tonight. As I walked out of Seven Kings station normally I'd expect to see floods of posters in every shop, instead I didn't see one. This really worried me about the quality of the show.

The venue itself is quite hidden, right behind a building site. I took my seat at 8pm, however the show started ten minutes late at 8.10.

The MC for the evening was the same guy that managed RJ Singh at FWA's Expo shows last weekend.

'Million Dollar Muscle' Matt Ball vs Animal Boy

This contest was billed as a special junior exhbition contest. Out first came Matt Ball (Million Dollar Muscle had me laughing as this kid was overweight in a black singlet with his pants hanging out the sides of the singlet. Out next came the Animal Boy (who did infact look a lot better than his opponent) holding a belt that was called the Junior Title. Fair play to Matt Ball despite his efforts to get over as the heel he did have the audience laughing at one such point calling the ref a perv when checking the boots at the beginning of the contest. taking in the fact that these kids are 10 at best. Winner was Animal Boy by DQ after Matt Ball refused to let go of a single leg boston.

Lucas Jackson vs 'The Worlds Most Pissed Off Man'

This was the second bout. Jackson came out first and bizzarely started rolling around the floor it soon became apparent that he was doing a gay gimmick. His opponent 'The Worlds Most Pissed Off Man' was out next. This match was the first of the evening to be contested under 2-out of-3 falls. The out of shape Jackson was actually quite entertaining, His opponent at times finding it hard to control his laughter at the sight of Jackson's antics. Winner of the first fall was 'The Worlds Most Pissed Off Man' with a sharp boot to Jackson's head. I don't quite remember the second fall but Jackson picked up the victory with an elbow drop that involved him running across the ring singing the YMCA. Average Bout.

Colleen ? vs Brooki

Ladies Match. Brooki looked about 10. Not really bothered by this match.

Devin Burns vs 'Mountain Stew' Stewart Shephard

Burns (same guy from the Hammerlock Show a few weeks back) entered wearing body armour and a mouth guard, confused much? His opponent 'Mountain Stew' (a gimmick suppossedly a rib at the drink Mountain Dew) Stewart Shephard entered wearing a 'Mountain Stew' T Shirt clutching a bottle of Mountain Dew. Devin was pretty much in control of this bout, mostly grounding the ever-so-green Shephard for the vast majority of the contest. To me I'd still think the same of Burn's as I did at the Hammerlock Show..no improvement. Winner was Burns with a sitout powerslam type move.

Jon 'The Don' Ritchie V Muscles Mansfield

Good match. Jon accomponied by Eddie Cornell - love the act even though I've seen it on LDN half a dozen times. Plenty of spots involving the water bottle. One of the highlights for me was Eddie Cornelll being wheeled out on an emmergency chair. Jon Ritchie wins.

'Wild' Will vs JJ Taylor

Really Didn't enjoy this match. Both were skinny kids, Will being covered in spots didn't really no where he was half the time. JJ Taylor a gothic looking teenager was slightly more ahead of Will. Both obviously need a lot of work. Match ended in a draw.

Barry Ryan vs Josh Faulkner

Here we go! Barry Ryan was introduced as Ryan Albright who was accomponied by Bradley Albright. Faulkner looked on top form tonight. Praise to Faulkner for working the crowd (It is hard work trying to work a crowd of about 25 people, can't think of anyone on the bill who had done this bar Faulkner) Great match. Faulkner with the first fall with a schoolboy pin. Ryan with the second fall after a nicely executed knee drop to the head. Bradley Albright various times attacking Faulkner when Ryan had the ref distracted. Ryan with the final fall after a low blow and a roll up which was assisted by Bradley.

After the match Faulkner took to the microphone to challenge Ryan and Bradley to a No Holds Barred Tag Match at the next event in Ilford which the MC announced as being August 27th.

Overall an average show. a good half the matches I didn't enjoy (i.e Burns/Shephard Will/Taylor) but it was worth the value for money. I will definitley be back for the No Holds Barred Tag Match at the next show.

Finally back from a long weekend to comment...

I second the worry about lack of promotion. I think I saw one poster on the door of the venue, and one inside. That was it.

Very small room, but pretty full, so atmosphere was actually pretty good.

Juniors match was fun but throwaway, obviously enjoyable for the kids and their attending families, but not sure they should be on shows outside the training school just yet. However, it does give them crowd experience early on, so may pay off in future. Liked some of the heel kid's mannerisms, single-leg crab should have been a bit tighter.

Comedy second match actually surprised me with some good wrestling and creative spots. Dan Eels really does look like he wants to damage people, lol. Not a fan of Jackson's mugging about, but another fun match nonetheless.

Girls match was awkward - neither seems to have much coordination or presence, which is excusable in Brooki's case (I believe she's VERY new to this) but I did expect more from the much more experienced Colleen.

Byrne vs Mountain Stew was first bout I properly got into, helped by the crowd which had a fair few Stew supporters (mates?) in. Byrne was tighter here than at Hammerlock a few weeks ago, albeit more subdued in his mannerisms at the start. Stew is very inexperienced, but showed enough personality to show some potential. Pacing was OK, but nearly went to hell a few times during the home straight when it went all spotty.

The old hands came out for the next match, and really were above what had gone before. It's probably a testament to Ritchie's skills that you never know if his interaction with Cornell is real or not, lol. A good tight contest from both sides in this one, Ritchie working his ass off especially. Mansfield seemed to pick up an injury partway through, hope he's OK - he's an asset to the younger guys.

Cruisers tried hard, probably too hard. A fair few deer-in-headlights moments, and both need to show out more. Chain work was decent, it was just a shame they had to resort to big moves for the falls (and Taylor took a borderline silly bump off the apron into the wall at one point).

After all this, the main event really did have that feel. A solid and entertaining match from both. Ryan is still way ahead of the pack, and Faulkner's All-Star work is obviously paying off (he just needs a stylist to sort out his look). Ryan held everything together and Faulkner hit his marks confidently. The outside interference gave this some spice (Bradley Albright was limping - what happened there?) and set up the return match well. Problem is, I don't really know who is up to being faulkner's partner, short of them bringing someone in from outside.

Overall, a very entertaining local show. The usual in-ring faults with matches featuring trainees vs trainees, but enough to ensure a good time was had by all in attendance.

Finally back from a long weekend to comment...

I second the worry about lack of promotion. I think I saw one poster on the door of the venue, and one inside. That was it.

Very small room, but pretty full, so atmosphere was actually pretty good.

Juniors match was fun but throwaway, obviously enjoyable for the kids and their attending families, but not sure they should be on shows outside the training school just yet. However, it does give them crowd experience early on, so may pay off in future. Liked some of the heel kid's mannerisms, single-leg crab should have been a bit tighter.

Comedy second match actually surprised me with some good wrestling and creative spots. Dan Eels really does look like he wants to damage people, lol. Not a fan of Jackson's mugging about, but another fun match nonetheless.

Girls match was awkward - neither seems to have much coordination or presence, which is excusable in Brooki's case (I believe she's VERY new to this) but I did expect more from the much more experienced Colleen.

Byrne vs Mountain Stew was first bout I properly got into, helped by the crowd which had a fair few Stew supporters (mates?) in. Byrne was tighter here than at Hammerlock a few weeks ago, albeit more subdued in his mannerisms at the start. Stew is very inexperienced, but showed enough personality to show some potential. Pacing was OK, but nearly went to hell a few times during the home straight when it went all spotty.

The old hands came out for the next match, and really were above what had gone before. It's probably a testament to Ritchie's skills that you never know if his interaction with Cornell is real or not, lol. A good tight contest from both sides in this one, Ritchie working his ass off especially. Mansfield seemed to pick up an injury partway through, hope he's OK - he's an asset to the younger guys.

Cruisers tried hard, probably too hard. A fair few deer-in-headlights moments, and both need to show out more. Chain work was decent, it was just a shame they had to resort to big moves for the falls (and Taylor took a borderline silly bump off the apron into the wall at one point).

After all this, the main event really did have that feel. A solid and entertaining match from both. Ryan is still way ahead of the pack, and Faulkner's All-Star work is obviously paying off (he just needs a stylist to sort out his look). Ryan held everything together and Faulkner hit his marks confidently. The outside interference gave this some spice (Bradley Albright was limping - what happened there?) and set up the return match well. Problem is, I don't really know who is up to being faulkner's partner, short of them bringing someone in from outside.

Overall, a very entertaining local show. The usual in-ring faults with matches featuring trainees vs trainees, but enough to ensure a good time was had by all in attendance.

Stylist to sort out Faulkners look?? I completley disagree that Ryan held everything together it was a double effort.

I do agree with you on a few points there Caveman

however just a few things

1) 'Wild' Will should definitley be training harder before he's put on shows

2) There really was no improvement from Devin Burns

3) Perhaps Dropkixx bring back an old face for the August Tag Match

Haha, the idea of a stylist was a bit off. Faulkner definitely has the in-ring talent, I just think he needs a little something to give him the physical presence of a star he needs. Right now, he's well-built, but lacks tone and is a bit pale, both things which are easily sorted. I actually preferred his attire of a few months ago, of traditional boots and dark trunks (similar to those I believe Wade Barrett had in FCW). Kickpads just look cheap and indy-riffic, and the gold trunks he had last weekend looked ragged and a bit small, not accentuating his build.

Thank you to everyone who attended the show last weekend, we were pleased with the Turnout and really enjoyed the show.

We will be back at Ilford on Saturday 27th August with the tag match between The Albright Brothers and Josh Faulkner with a partner of his choice. The show will also feature top wrestling from other Dropkixx wrestlers including Jon Ritchie, Lucas Jackson, Dan Eels, Devin Byrne and Callum Chuck.

I just put a post on training schools about Dropkixx, Two of my Nephews and a couple of freinds have trained with them, I think they are underestimated in the Pro-Wrestling, are a great value for money mainstay with their show's etc.

But is ilford the only show you do now ?

Archived