3CW History In the Maiming - 7th Anniversary Show

3CW.co.uk

History in the Maiming is steeped in history in 3CW as the biggest show on the 3CW calendar, and the 7th anniversary show was no exception.

The show started with the Three Count Mafia (3CM) taking to the ring with newest recruit Martin Kirby grabbing the microphone and berating the Billingham crowd. He stated that tonight was just the start for the Mafia, as they would not only take home the Young Lions Championship when Dragon Aisu defeated Mohmed Ameen, but he would beat El Ligero for the 3CW Triple Crown Championship giving the Mafia the lions share of the gold in 3CW. This brought out Mohmed Ameen, arm still in sling from the previous show which had seen 3CM destroy his left elbow, saying he was a fighting champ, and would defend his North East Title, anywhere, anytime. The Mafia then blindsided Ameen, mercilessly attacking his arm leaving him lying prone for Dragon Aisu.

Mohmed Ameen Def. Dragon Aisu via Pedigree

In a very gutsy performance, Ameen managed to pull the victory out the hat, despite the obvious pain he was in, with Aisu relentlessly singling his arm out for punishment. In a spirited fight back, Ameen managed to plant Aisu with the pedigree to get the pin fall, and retain his coveted North East Championship.

But the night didn

for me this show had lots of solid matches on with some in particular standing out as excellent contests. That being said I thought the advancement of the 3CM / 3CW feud was outstandingly done throughout the night. People are taking sides now in dramatic fashion and each group makes sense, its all simple motives but it all makes for a very, very effective story that has built up nicely and now looks ready to kick right into gear. I havent been to as many 3CW shows as I would have liked lately but the ongoing feud(s) makes me want to see much more this year. I unfortunately feel like I cant truly put into words how well this show delivered in all the right areas

3CW seems to film the shows but not bother releasing DVD's. If you don't plan on releasing any can I suggest you start a Youtube channel and start uploading the shows in full there must be quite a backlog of shows on tape. This could create new fans and rekindle interest from ones that fell away. Just an idea anyway.

The truth is the shows have not been filmed effectively for some times, and we've had repeated failures at effectively leveraging any kind of video footage. We have got very good footage of this show, however, and we will, I promise, be doing something with it. Watch this space!

Archived