LCW 'Genesis' confirmed for April 30th in Leicester

JohnDunn

Just to let you know that our new wrestling promotion Leicester Championship Wrestling (LCW) has it's debut show on April 30th at Brockington College, Blaby Road, Enderby, Leicester.

This is a great venue with brilliant facilities, which can hold a pretty good crowd. Interest has been very positive so far any we at LCW are looking forward to start our first of what we hope will be many more shows to come.

By the end of the show we will be proud to crown our first ever LCW Champion.

The card has many wrestlers that will be well known in the Midlands area such as:

Falcon

Jim Hunter

Lee Hunter

Tank

B52

Xander Cooper

The Judge

Spindoctor

Plus some great upcoming talents such as:

Blue Thunder

Eddie Sky

Cyrus Draeger

Johnny Breeze

Tickets for the show are available to purchase online at https://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/buy_tick...ts/?id=10015905

Tickets are

Matches confirmed so far are as follows:

Blue Thunder vs The Judge

'The Hired Gun' John Dunn vs The Firefly

Eddie Sky vs Xander Cooper

More matches to be announced soon

Card is subject to change

• Paid Members

No offence, but how many city-specific promotions does Leicester need? Between LPW, WrestLeicester and the numerous promotions festooning the Midlands in the first place, surely it's reached saturation point?

London has ONE dedicated promotion, and it's several times bigger - and they don't even do all their shows in London.

What I'm trying to say, in my long-winded way, is: why have you limited yourself to just Leicester?

Technically they are the only promotion in Leicester, LPW changed from Leicester pro wrestling to live pro wrestling possibly 3 years ago (and moved all of its shows to the birmingham area) and as fas as i know closed down completely in December last year and Wrestleicester run shows extremely rarely. So in reality its pretty much an untapped market at the moment, plus LPW alwasy got decent draws there so the interest is certainly there so why not? and the midlands is hardly saturated, there are 3 promotions who run regular in birmingham, 1 in west brom and 1 in the greater black country area, hardly what i would call saturated.

• Paid Members
Technically they are the only promotion in Leicester, LPW changed from Leicester pro wrestling to live pro wrestling possibly 3 years ago (and moved all of its shows to the birmingham area) and as fas as i know closed down completely in December last year and Wrestleicester run shows extremely rarely. So in reality its pretty much an untapped market at the moment, plus LPW alwasy got decent draws there so the interest is certainly there so why not? and the midlands is hardly saturated, there are 3 promotions who run regular in birmingham, 1 in west brom and 1 in the greater black country area, hardly what i would call saturated.

Really? When I last checked there were a shitload of them: K-Star, FCW, LPW, WrestLeicester, Triple X, Phoenix Pro, AWW, WAR and House Of Pain. Don't SLAM still run there too?

and every single one of those operate within different areas, K-star, AWW and AFW all run regular in birmingham, FCW run mostly in the black country with the occasion birmingham show, LPW is dead, WrestLeicester mainly run occasional outdoor shows and even rarer actual shows, Triple X operate out of coventry, Phoenix pro out of west bromwich, WAR in rugby and HOP in nottingham, I wouldn't call that saturation really you have 9 promotions spread over 7 cities/towns, especially when none of those promotions run more than around once a month.

So far the interest in this show has been very promising and ticket sales are very healthy at the moment. The fact that the venue can potentially hold a very big crowd, so at the moment we're more than happy to stick to the Leicester area for the time being as we don't see any need to expand, but do appreciate the feedback.

Really? When I last checked there were a shitload of them: K-Star, FCW, LPW, WrestLeicester, Triple X, Phoenix Pro, AWW, WAR and House Of Pain. Don't SLAM still run there too?

And I would imagine the vast majority of these groups draw local fans. I know the majority of the WAR audience is Rugby and the surrounding villages.

Here is the updated card for the show

Blue Thunder vs The Judge

'The Hired Gun' John Dunn vs The Firefly

Eddie Sky vs Xander Cooper

'Old School' Jack London & Nero vs Spin Doctor & Johnny Breeze

Lee Hunter, Jim Hunter & Tommy Gunn vs The Executioner, Tank and Cyrus Draegar

'TBOP' Falcon vs B52

+ Winner of each match enters a Main Event Battle Royal where the winner will be crowned LCW Champion

Archived