WrestleMania 28 - Who's Going?

1PW

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from ROH in Fort Lauderdale. Taxi there and back came to $170!!!!!!!!!!

First half of the show was terrible, second half was fantastic. First half had hardly any wrestling, loads of stopping and awkward silences, some ROH fans are a nightmare too, they make the atmosphere worst by being so difficult, but to be fair I was totally shattered (which didnt help) as didnt get back fom DGUSA till late last night then I was up at 6 to go to axxess this morning. 2nd half was brilliant, Briscoes v Benjamin/Haas very good, Steen v Edwards very hard hitting, Lethal v Strong was good but the main event was outstanding : Richards v Elgin. Move after move, near falls, a real proper ROH main event where they go balls out and go the extra mile. Looks like some reviews are naming it as a match of the year contender. Only problem I have is the total lack of selling i.e. Elgin receives a German or dragon duplex and gets straight back up, Elgin has kick after kick to the head and then Hulks up, Richards is power bombed in to the corner buckles and walks away with no effect, I know it's typical for ROH but it border on ridiculous, still an amazing effort by both men that kept me buzzing in taxi drive back through the monsoon like conditions.

Axxess was better than I expected, I only stayed for 2 hours, photos with fink and bearer but best of all met Chi and Zack's dad! Zack is a class act, he was wondering around freely like a fan taking photos of posters with himself on and filming Long island iced z, he looked happy to be there and amazed he was on huge posters. He had a massive group following him but still took time to shake my hand and comment on my #HEEL tshirt I was wearing.

Right, got to go and iron a shirt (might as well make an effort) and get out for hall of fame.............

Awesome seeing all the axxess photos and that in this thread.

I have had an awesome time in Miami, just nothing wrestling related yet (only mania and raw this year) but Miami really is a beautiful, unique place. I couldnt recommend it enough as a holiday destination, great weather (other than a few hours this evening), fantastic food on every corner and a buzzing atmosphere. That said Im gutted Im not at hall of fame right now and can't wait for wrestlemania tommorow.

Anyone else getting brawl bus from the beach stop at washington and 5th tommorow? I got an email from ticketmaster saying I should pick up my tickets in advance due to them expecting high demand so Im really worried about missing the start of the show.

Looking like not doing $5 show now as its chaos outside American airlines arena, I've just walked from arena to my hotel (the only time my hotel is near a venue so far on this trip) and I've not seen one taxi. To be honest I've been up since 6 am and done 3 shows today and I am knackered. By time I've got over to Miami beach it will be 12.30pm and no idea how long $5 show is on till.

Hall of fame was brilliant, emotional speeches from Flair, Double A, Edge, Cristian and will everyone really. I'm so glad they are recognising achievements from NWA / WCW like Horeseman and Simmons. Can't believe some idiots did a couple of 'what's' when HBK and Trip were inducting Tyson, ridiculous. It was slightly surreal being there, in fact the whole trip has been like a dream, been that tired and on the go and it's been a goal of my mine to do this for so long I feel like I'm gonna wake up and it's not really happened! Might get an earlyish (i.e. before 3am) night to be fresh for the big one tomorrow!

• Paid Members

Anyone in need for some BrawlBus tickets to Sun Life Stadium tomorrow? I've met someone that has rented a car and he's taking me and my bro there (dont fancy taking the risk of getting stuck in the Will Call queue!), so I've got 2 tickets going spare. Will sell for $40 for both.

It was chaos indeed outside the AA arena. Only just got back to my hotel (3 hrs later). HOF was very good though, I loved the start where everybody literally cheered everyone who came out bar from cena of course.

I'm getting the brawl from Washington 4th and 5th.

Ended up at $5 wrestling in the end............ I now feel like a pig has shat in my head. Got all the way over there to catch about the last hour of the show. Colt Cabana is one funny guy. The place was packed, its basically Colt and this other fella commentating / making jokes over shit wrestling matches they have on a screen. Loads of wrestlers were in just having a beer, PAC, El Generico, Chucky T, Mickie James, etc. Colt got Generico up to commentate for a bit and New Jack was commentating when i got there. He has this bloke there called 'The Freight Train', fuck me he comes out with some classic lines. Seach $5 wrestling On You Tube and you will see what I mean.

The 'Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!' must be the chant of the week, it was going all the way through the ROH show, all around Hall of Fame outside (just like Flair whoos) and in $5 show, I must admit it is funny even when it is not relevant to anything in particular but I hope it doesn't turn into another 'What' chant as that really needs to go away now.

I am going to bed now, nearly fell asleep in the taxi on way back.

Hall of Fame was really good.

Had my first bad experience in Miami after the joke of a public transport system meant no buses showed up, so missed $5 Wrestling. In the end shared a taxi with a stranger (who I think may have been wrestlingmad) some of the way, then just walked 4 and a half miles just getting back to the hotel at about 2.45am !

Axxess and Wrestlemania tomorrow!

Hall of Fame was really good.

Had my first bad experience in Miami after the joke of a public transport system meant no buses showed up, so missed $5 Wrestling. In the end shared a taxi with a stranger (who I think may have been wrestlingmad) some of the way, then just walked 4 and a half miles just getting back to the hotel at about 2.45am !

Axxess and Wrestlemania tomorrow!

If we went to the convention centre then that was me haha!

Archived