WrestleMania 28 - Who's Going?

1PW

RE: The question about non kids enjoing Axxess.

I bloody loved it and I'm 27. Best bit for me was the live Q&As, and Live matches. Some of the exhibits were quite interesting too.

I managed to meet Scott Stanford at the ringside area which was pretty cool. Talked to him for a few mins and got a picture. One of the matches we got was Chavo VS Heath Slater. Me and my mate are huge Heath marks so to be so close to him, and chanting for him, and getting picked out by him really was a personal highlight. Great fun. I personally did a wee circuit of exhibits then kicked about ringside area, because there was nearly always something going on, or just about to happen.

I did a few signings, but, couldn't be arsed waiting in the huge queues for some talent. Sheamus for example was hurrendous. The photos with the Divas queue moved quite quickly.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was really fuming yesterday(and still am). Was online as soon as axxess tickets went on sale. Had HHH who i wanted but realised it was coming up as ga prices, tried the others i wanted Jericho and Orton and realised there was a fault, I did not want to take the chance and get told these were ga tickets and was hoping more vip tickets would be released.

Then I waited for around 3 hours, wwe travel packages email saying they would email as soon as tickets were back on sale, Luckily I was on live ticketmaster chat and was told they were on sale, headed back over and all the sessions were sold out. The wwe email came 36 minutes after they were back on sale, they also said tickets were still avaliable for certain talents when there was not, I then recieved a second email which was pointless.

And to make matters worse instead of re selling all tickets, everyone who purchased the wrong tickets earlier in the day have been upgraded, so i could of had my tickets after all.

So annoyed with ticketmaster for cocking it up(they are accepting no blame though) and wwe travel packages- who have not helped at all, not informed us whats going on until its to late and now not replying to any emails.

So nots it go general sale saturday which will be a nightmare, cant see me getting who I want already.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I'm well up for Money In The Bank at Mania if that's true. Will Bourne be back in time for it? Even if he is, will they stick him in the match?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm worrying a tad about spending money. I've not begun to save for spending money yet. I've booked everything I want to do, so really spending money will just be for taxis, tolls, food, drink, souvenirs and a bit of shopping. I should be ok, but it's in the back of my mind.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I'm well up for Money In The Bank at Mania if that's true. Will Bourne be back in time for it? Even if he is, will they stick him in the match?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm worrying a tad about spending money. I've not begun to save for spending money yet. I've booked everything I want to do, so really spending money will just be for taxis, tolls, food, drink, souvenirs and a bit of shopping. I should be ok, but it's in the back of my mind.

Don't worry. I'm 20 too, I work part time and I have fuck all to go with at the moment.

72 days is a long time.

Your post has reminded me - did anyone fancy some kind of UKFF meet up post-Mania? Perhaps that sounds a bit sad but I just like the idea of going out after Mania with wrestling fans. Wrestling taunts on the dancefloor and all that. I'm sure I posted something about this earlier to no response, so I imagine I'm just being a bit sad.

I've begun saving and converting my money already. I have virtually zero self control so I figured I should start saving now before I end up with nothing.

I'm out there for two weeks, and plan on hitting the bars and clubs in South Beach (which are supposedly insanely expensive). Not sure how much to save. I'm thinking somewhere between $1,000 and $1,500. So far have $700.

Have to say, though, I wake up every morning in shock that this is actually going to happen. Travelling to the US for WM week is something I've always wanted to do but never thought I'd actually do it. I've been buzzing ever since I booked flights.

Will you be doing any shopping out there, AVM? I think I can save about $1500 before I go. I was going to bang it on one of those travel cards.

Have to say, though, I wake up every morning in shock that this is actually going to happen. Travelling to the US for WM week is something I've always wanted to do but never thought I'd actually do it. I've been buzzing ever since I booked flights.

It still hasn't really dawned on me that I'm going yet. I've never been abroad and this is a big first holiday. I've been planning a lot and discussing it a lot with my travel partner. The months have flown past and by Rumble, I think I might start getting very excited/nervous that everything will go ok. I kind of feel like I don't deserve it as there are so many people who'd love the opportunity.

Also, my mates have bet against me going to Mania. I asked if they wanted to go, and people gave half-hearted answers or said no. I can totally understand if it's not feasible, but I eventually booked it and my mates laughed at me and said it'd never happen and bet money that it wouldn't happen. I'm still getting one mate in particular who keeps banging on about it and mocking it and saying it'll be shit because I'm not going with a wrestling fan and reckons I won't have enough spending money. It's probably him who's making me doubt myself, but I've come this far. In total, I'll pocket

Will you be doing any shopping out there, AVM? I think I can save about $1500 before I go. I was going to bang it on one of those travel cards.

Perhaps a little bit, but nothing has been planned yet. I'm sure we will, though.

As I say, sounds ridiculous, but it's mainly to pay for food, bars, clubs and as we're doing a second week in Orlando, it's also to pay for parks.

I've heard insane prices for drinks, though, $75 plus taxes and tip for a pitcher of mojito which doubles as a condition of entry to Bar Nikki is one of the mad ones I've heard.

Not sure if $1500 will be too much or too little, though, if you take into account a second week in Orlando.

EDIT- Unlucky, Wrestlingmad. I turned 21 in August and my mate who I'm going with turns 21 in February!

I'm there for a week. Being 20, I don't think my luck is going to get me anywhere with bars. I think it'll survive nicely with 500-700.

Have you considered a Flux card? I made a big song and dance about not being able to get in anywhere being 20, but was assured fake ID would be fine.

http://www.fluxcard.com/st-01-national-id-card.asp

As I say, sounds ridiculous, but it's mainly to pay for food, bars, clubs and as we're doing a second week in Orlando, it's also to pay for parks.

I was going to pay for park entry to Universal Studios before I go. On the US site, it seems to come up quite cheap compared to the UK site. And I imagine it's more expensive on the door.

I'm there for a week. Being 20, I don't think my luck is going to get me anywhere with bars. I think it'll survive nicely with 500-700.

Have you considered a Flux card? I made a big song and dance about not being able to get in anywhere being 20, but was assured fake ID would be fine.

Is this something you have actually used before?

My Dads American. He keep's telling me how strict they are over there but I may be lucky in a place or two. Use the line "oh I thought it was 18" if you get in trouble sorta thing. I'm bang on South Beach, It would be illegal not to drink whilst out there.

I was going to pay for park entry to Universal Studios before I go. On the US site, it seems to come up quite cheap compared to the UK site. And I imagine it's more expensive on the door.

Good call, mate. Will probably book that up closer to the date.

Is this something you have actually used before?

My Dads American. He keep's telling me how strict they are over there but I may be lucky in a place or two. Use the line "oh I thought it was 18" if you get in trouble sorta thing. I'm bang on South Beach, It would be illegal not to drink whilst out there.

Never used it before, no. I was under the assumption they'd be strict about fake ID over there too. People earlier in the thread reassured me there wouldn't be much consequence if it did go tits up. Someone I know got fake ID whilst out there and said he only had trouble in Orlando at the theme parks but everywhere else was fine. Saying that, he looked quite old for his age. They probably have a system in the theme parks like what Wetherspoons seem to have where you scan the card through something.

An extra bit of warning for those of you who have just turned 21.

Be prepared to spend a while explaing that our dates are written the other way around to the Americans. It's not too bad if you're born after the 12th of the month, but if you're birthday is before then it could get confusing.

Eg my daughter turns 21 on the 12th February, however to the Americans her date of birth is going to read as 2nd December.

As for the Axxess questions earlier, I'm 35 and I love it. Sounds a bit sad, but just wandering around the room and seeing that there are several wrestlers / divas gives you that pre-WrestleMania buzz. The Q & A's can offer a bit of behind the scenes insight too, Randy Orton has always stood out to me as being more entertaing in this setting than actualy on TV!

With last years being within walking disatnce, I went to 3 sessions. Couldn't get enough of it.

Archived