best and worst in scotland

Indyscenerocker

It has been said before, there are several people in British Wrestling who have extremely large egos. And Scotland is no different as several members of this forum can tell you . And also the reason I don't attack or criticize individual wrestlers on this forum .

See this is the way i view it and will always view it.

This is meant to be a FAN FORUM. It is meant to be for the opinions of fans who go to te shows. Trouble is with the UK events section and in particular the members on here that talk about Scottish shows are either fall into these categories:

Promoter who is plugging the show

Established workers posting under a ghost account

Trainee of a wrestling school that is associated with the promotion they are discussing posting under a ghost account

Staff member of a promotion posting under a ghost account

Girlfriend/boyfriend/family member who are close with a worker posting under a ghost account

Then there are a very small ammount of people here on the forum who are genuine fans who actually pay a ticket to watch Scottish wrestling. The ammount of people that fall into the categories listed above outnumber the ammount of genuine real fans who post on here. I would struggle to count a dozen real fans on here who attend Scottish shows on a regular basis.

Wrestler and Promoters under Ghost accounts plugging their shows is not a particularly a bad thing IMO, only if it they are abusive or try to sabotage a rival. But then maybe that could be the ploy on both parties, gets people interested in all parties concerned.

As long as people talk about them, any publicity is good publicity.

The only Scottish wrestlers I have seen on a regular-ish basis is Drew McIntyre (because of WWE) and Drew McDonald and I prefer the latter.

Tom, do you consider yourself just a genuine 'fan'? Or do you consider yourself, as the rest of us do, to be an employee and MC of PBW (As your sig suggests), BCW and W3L?

If it's the latter, then surely by your logic you must also be in a grouping who shouldn't be posting on these forums. You're NOT just a fan. I don't think you shouldn't be posting btw, I just think that your position elevates you above just being a 'fan.'

Not all promoters, workers and trainees post under ghost accounts either. Ross from PBW quite clearly states who he is in his username. Hell, I've never made any secret about the fact that I've worked shows for SWA either.

There is a place for 'non-fans' as you put it, on these forums- there just has to be.

The issue is also that many of the legit fans end up tied into the actual wrestling companies,the ring announcer for one of the Scottish companies (not MC Tommy) was a fan for a long time and has ended up involved in the shows just recently.

AND Tommy, I wondered how long you could go without blatant hypocrisy.

I trained for a month at SWA's training school before various circumstances meant I had to give it up, does that mean I'm not counted as a fan?

Best Wrestler: Me

Best Face: Mine, It should be on a stamp or something its money baby!!!

Best Heel: Me who else

Best Promotion: Whoever I work for

Best Tag Team: Me & my Shadow

Best Match: me vs Carl Conroy in Dundee Last Month, we set a new indoor attendance record in Dundee for that bad boy!!!

Best Moment: ^^ I Won and the 86,325 fans were chanting my name.....

Worst Wrestler: Me on my bad days or Micken ;)

Worst Promotion: Whoever I dont work for

Most Underrated: Me or CJ Hunter

Bret Hart would be proud of you man. Not sending these away, because the results will just cause a form of ruckus anyways, so I'll just post my thoughts here. Don't feel comfy with the worst categories because in both cases, the things I'm voting aren't as bad as voting them as the worst would imply.

BEST WRESTLER: "Bad Boy" Liam Thomson. It's been the same for quite a while as well. He's a super talent. I think BT Gunn puts on the best matches but Liam has this crispness about him. I was considering James Scott for this as well, but yeah, Liam Thomson.

WORST WRESTLER: I agree with Micken. Nah. I don't think there's any actively bad guys in Scotland at the moment. Although Ricky Gibson gets my vote here because he's never really appealed to me at all, outside of a belting tag team match Special Services had with STI in Boglestone. The match with Glen Dunbar at The Gathering was building up a bit of steam before the end.

BEST FACE: BT Gunn. The reactions he gets pretty much anywhere so this is an easy pick.

BEST HEEL: Red Lightning. The guy's been the best on the mic for the past year or so. Has REALLY turned it up a notch, and also knows how to get a reaction.

BEST TAG TEAM: High Energy. They stole the show almost every time they got into the ring last year. Their match with One Knight in Paris was actually one of the best matches to happen in Scotland last year. An incredible team.

MOST UNDERRATED: Rob Cage. Exclusively ICW up here nowadays which is a shame, but he's in all sorts of places so there you are. I can't think of anything that this guy hasn't got.

BEST MOMENT: T2K jumping the railing at an SWA show to attack The Lowlanders who were the tag team champs at the time. Completely unexpected and has a real invasion feel about it.

BEST MATCH: Liam Thomson vs. Lionheart vs. Wolfgang in the TLC Match. All three men went out and topped the incredible effort that Wolfgang and Lionheart had the year before. Phenomenal.

BEST SHOW: ICW Dazed and Confused. Just pure mental from start to finish and the main event pretty much capped off everything that came before. Then you had the final twist with James Scott winning the gold.

BEST PROMOTION: ICW. Shouldn't come as any surprise really. I loved it back in the day and they're infinitely better now.

WORST PROMOTION: Gotta go for NoW here. The roster is limited. The shows never really go above "decent" although you do tend to get one standout match.

There.

EDIT: If we're going for worst wrestler in Scotland ever, I'd go for Hatred btw.

Just noticed there's more and there's a timeframe. Erm... so a reboot. Sorry about the Double post.

Whatever I don't post here, I'm not changing.

WORST FACE: This has to be Dicky Divers. The guy just doesn't look like a face at all. I think Grange has this sort of likeable quality which means the STI are easy to root for, but I can't help looking at Divers and thinking "I hope this cunt loses". Therefore, Divers, worst face.

WORST HEEL: Andy Wild. I've always said that there's just something incredibly likeable about this guy and it was the same when he was a heel. It's still the same in PBW as well. I just can't dislike the guy. He's like the opposite of what I said about Divers. Therefore, Andy Wild, worst heel.

MOST OVER-RATED: Too hard. I was looking at the Top 20 to try and give myself some form of guide for this one but it didn't really work for me.

WORST MOMENT: Probably when I realised that Fergal Devitt wasn't gonna be wrestling Falcon in SWA. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. As far as moments on a show go, Conscience helping Eric Canyon win the belt. I don't see Canyon as champ being a bad thing, but it certainly had a feel of "same old, same old" about it.

BEST MATCH: BT Gunn vs. Red Lightning. ICW Dazed and Confused. Just absolutely crazy action.

WORST MATCH: Oh, that's easy. The six man tag from the pre-show of No Blood No Sympathy.

WORST SHOW: Probably the SWA in Uddingston with Bad Boy/Butcher as the main event. The atmosphere was absolutely horrendous in there and completely ruined it.

not really had many emails but hey, managed to get a good chat goin :p my choices were

BEST WRESTLER: BT GUNN

WORST WRESTLER: HIGHLANDER

BEST FACE: BT GUNN

BEST HEEL: KID FITE

BEST TAG TEAM: FITE CLUB

UNDERRATED: COULDNT DECIDE BETWEEN JOE COFFEE, ANDY WILD, DICKIE DIVERS OR CHRIS RAMPAGE

OVERRATTED: RED LIGHTNING

BEST MOMENT: BT GUNN WINNING ICW TITLE

BEST MATCH: JOHNNY MOSS VS EL LIGERO AT BCW IN EAST KILBRIDE

BEST SHOW: ICW DAZED AND CONFUSED

BEST PROMOTION: PBW

WORST PROMOTION: NOW

WORST FACE: RICKY GIBSON

WORST HEEL: GLEN DUNBAR

WORST SHOW: EITHER NOW IN RENFREW OR SWA IN MOTHERWELL

WORST MATCH: DISCO BISCUITS VS INNIVATION SQUARED IN UDDINGSTON

Archived