Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
Show me where in my last few posts I said I didn't know numbers could be changed? I just, daftly, didnt connect that to role picks. I forgot that roles got picked after the draft order.

Hmmmm. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, it still looks slightly suspect to me, but at the same time you seem genuinely confused.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I revealed my role mainly because it was down to me and Swiftstrike, and I thought the information could be useful. To be honest, at this point it feel it was somewhat academic. With SMS, Bristep and Snake's roles revealed, I was next and with tom's claim (which no one has any reason to believe isn't true, scum or not), it was down to me and Swift.

• Paid Members
I revealed my role mainly because it was down to me and Swiftstrike, and I thought the information could be useful. To be honest, at this point it feel it was somewhat academic. With SMS, Bristep and Snake's roles revealed, I was next and with tom's claim (which no one has any reason to believe isn't true, scum or not), it was down to me and Swift.

I agree, I don't think it did anything other than (assuming it's true) ruling out that swiftstrike is the bomb. I know I've been advocating a mass claim, but given what's happened I think swiftstrike should reveal his role when he's on next, before anyone else. That way it's harder for him to lie, and it's also information we can hopefully use to quiz him.

• Paid Members

It'll be interesting to hear Swift claim. I actually believe Spotlight is the bomb, so Swifts roleclaim will be vital.

Once Swift has claimed, i'll confirm my role.

• Paid Members

Vote Count

swiftstrike (2) - bristep123, brownie

tom (1) - Ron Simmons

spotlightmagnet (1) - Carbomb

Not Voting:

spotlightmagnet1, swiftstrike, unfitfinlay, tom

With 8 Alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: 5pm Friday 15th April

• Paid Members
For the record, I watched Snake on night 1, SMS on night 2, and Finlay on night 3. For the most part I was just trying to second guess who the scum would kill (and in Snake's case I wanted to test the Ron/Snake neighbour claim).

That seems a bit weird. Unless I'm miss reading the Watcher role in the sign up thread, it's the person you watch who gets told who targeted them, not you. So if I'd been taken out last night, the only person who would know who killed me would be me, and I'd be dead.

What made you go for Watcher as opposed to something like Cop or Tracker, Bristep?

For the record, I watched Snake on night 1, SMS on night 2, and Finlay on night 3. For the most part I was just trying to second guess who the scum would kill (and in Snake's case I wanted to test the Ron/Snake neighbour claim).

That seems a bit weird. Unless I'm miss reading the Watcher role in the sign up thread, it's the person you watch who gets told who targeted them, not you. So if I'd been taken out last night, the only person who would know who killed me would be me, and I'd be dead.

What made you go for Watcher as opposed to something like Cop or Tracker, Bristep?

You are reading it wrong yes, I would get the result not the person who I watched.

I didnt go for either cop role because I thought SMS would go for one of them, and the tracker role doesn't give as clear a picture as the watcher role.

For example

If I tracked you, and saw you visit/target Ron, and Ron didn't die then that would not give me a clear picture. You could have an investigative role, a protection role or a killing role. You could have tried to kill Ron but someone else might have protected him and I wouldn't know. If Ron did die, again someone else could have killed him but I wouldn't know that am would be pursuing you incorrectly.

As watcher, I would see everyone who visited/targeted you that night, so if you die and only one person targeted you then it's a definite result.

Sadly so far my role has been useless however.

• Paid Members

Well I'm still alive which is of some shock to me as I thought I might be hammered over the weekend, I'm not going to roleclaim just yet I may do when I get home from work this evening and have proper access. But for the moment I will just question this.

If I'm scum then I have two scum partners left out there who are they? Because if I was scum you would still need to find them but looking at the weekend activity no one is looking to the next phase which is understandable of the three scum players in the game as they know my lynch will end the game so I want to hear everyone's thoughts on who my scum buddies are suppose to be?

• Paid Members
You are reading it wrong yes, I would get the result not the person who I watched.

Right enough. Makes a bit more sense now.

Well I'm still alive which is of some shock to me as I thought I might be hammered over the weekend, I'm not going to roleclaim just yet I may do when I get home from work this evening and have proper access. But for the moment I will just question this.

If I'm scum then I have two scum partners left out there who are they? Because if I was scum you would still need to find them but looking at the weekend activity no one is looking to the next phase which is understandable of the three scum players in the game as they know my lynch will end the game so I want to hear everyone's thoughts on who my scum buddies are suppose to be?

Swift - You are right that things have got quiet but it isn't like you are the only one being suspected: Ron is voting for Tom at the moment and Carbomb is voting for Spotlight (I think Mike missed that).

If you are town then you really need to give a credible reason for the way you've played. When I made that spot about Nexus' your first reaction seemed to be to jump on me and try and discredit it, first by claiming I'd argued three different things (I hadn't) and then tried to get my to switch my vote to either Ron or Tom after you made the point about me splitting the vote. All this happened when Nexus' was L5/L4 as well so the "I thought it was a Counter Wagon" excuse doesn't really work either. Can you blame anybody for thinking you were trying to protect your buddy?

There are a few things that are making me question whether you are scum, however, the main one being that I'm not sure if you would've let yourself get into this position if you'd known Nexus would flip scum.

• Paid Members

Right I'm online now and the lack of any answer to my questions (apart from finley) made me nearly reconsider this and put this off until Wednesday evening to give some proper time to discuss my questions without my role getting in the way but I will role claim now as requested.

I am the Odd night vigilante.

Now you made wonder why I took this role and my answer is this in my two games over at MS forums I have been vigilante one that had finished before this game started and one that was ongoing why this game started and has now finished. I choose the odd night vig and this way I could hope to ensure that the town did not get off to a Bad start night one by not shooting anyone (due to poor reads from day 1 play) and that by day 3 if I made it I could hope to have a good impact for the town in taking out some scum threw having some reads in game.

Now as for actions,

I took no action night 1 as I have already stated

obviously night 2 there was no action to take

And last night here was my action as taken from my own quick topic I asked Mike if I could set up pre game as per usual.

Right well I guess this is probably going to be the one and only time I use this as I can

• Paid Members

Right enough. Makes a bit more sense now.

Swift - You are right that things have got quiet but it isn't like you are the only one being suspected: Ron is voting for Tom at the moment and Carbomb is voting for Spotlight (I think Mike missed that).

If you are town then you really need to give a credible reason for the way you've played. When I made that spot about Nexus' your first reaction seemed to be to jump on me and try and discredit it, first by claiming I'd argued three different things (I hadn't) and then tried to get my to switch my vote to either Ron or Tom after you made the point about me splitting the vote. All this happened when Nexus' was L5/L4 as well so the "I thought it was a Counter Wagon" excuse doesn't really work either. Can you blame anybody for thinking you were trying to protect your buddy?

There are a few things that are making me question whether you are scum, however, the main one being that I'm not sure if you would've let yourself get into this position if you'd known Nexus would flip scum.

Finley I may not be the only one being suspected but I am the only player who (I think) has had every single player FOS or vote for him this day phase before things have even started and if not that then it is certain that each player has raised supicions on me now if I am scum and the town think I am then why is there not further questioning of players around there "links" to me as would be the town thing to do, it seems to be to be becuase three of the player in this game know it won't go any further than a lynch on me so there is no reason to have any further discussion and it seems that they are being let to get away from that by the rest of the townsfolks.

• Paid Members

I suspect you, don't take the fact my vote isn't on you as an indication that I don't. However, I don't like the speed of the wagon that's formed on you. It all seems very similar to the speedy wagon that formed on me last phase.

HOWEVER, although my number one suspect is tom, I won't hesitate to change my vote to you if you don't roleclaim, presumably if you don't then you've something to hide.

EBWOP: Aw bugger, you already have. Ignore the above post while I read what you've said.

• Paid Members

I suspect you, don't take the fact my vote isn't on you as an indication that I don't. However, I don't like the speed of the wagon that's formed on you. It all seems very similar to the speedy wagon that formed on me last phase.

HOWEVER, although my number one suspect is tom, I won't hesitate to change my vote to you if you don't roleclaim, presumably if you don't then you've something to hide.

Presumably you missed the post 2 above which says clearly why I nearly put it off until Wednesday I instead posted the exact nature of my role and my actions.

• Paid Members

You know, unless there's a disputing claim I actually buy this, swiftstrike. I don't see why the scum would have killed Chris B last night (particularly if YOU were scum) because he'd have been an easy target to frame, or at the very least an alternative suspect to you. If the scum didn't kill him then the vigilante obviously did, and there obviously is one in the game right now. Chris B is a logical vigilante kill for last night.

Archived