Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

I use the phrase claim because I don't know if you where roleblocked or not. If you are the watcher role as Ron has just stated then it's not as if you could say that hoping to be watched so someone can then out scum if they where blocking you, but being blocked every day does sound a good excuse for not giving any info from a town role does it not?

Also given that you clearly were not the bomb (as you could not be the bomb and know you where blocked) if you are town with a power role and are considered one of the better players of the game why have you survived so long?

I guess it would be a good excuse to not divulge any info Swift, but it's not an excuse. Each night I send in my action (Ron was right, I am a watcher), and at the start of each day I get a little message saying that I was unable to complete my action.

For the record, I watched Snake on night 1, SMS on night 2, and Finlay on night 3. For the most part I was just trying to second guess who the scum would kill (and in Snake's case I wanted to test the Ron/Snake neighbour claim).

Also, for someone who didn't want to have a WIFOM argument, that is the most WIFOM-tastical question ever. "Why haven't the scum killed you".

I don't know. I just don't know. I think you might though.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I still feel there is an arguement against tom though, I'm wondering if maybe he felt like some scum loyalty to Nexus. I can't think of a good reason why he would do this other than trying to keep scum numbers up.

What are you on about? I put the case against Nexus at the start of last phase and was an early voter on him too, so firstly how does that keep scum numbers up? and secondly, how would that be loyalty if I were scum (which I'm not) ?

I still feel there is an arguement against tom though, I'm wondering if maybe he felt like some scum loyalty to Nexus. I can't think of a good reason why he would do this other than trying to keep scum numbers up.

What are you on about? I put the case against Nexus at the start of last phase and was an early voter on him too, so firstly how does that keep scum numbers up? and secondly, how would that be loyalty if I were scum (which I'm not) ?

Sorry tom, it's a case of mistaken identities, I thought you had voted for Ron not Nexus. However, looking back you have asked a couple of odd questions I'm not sure about. You asked how we knew there wasn't a serial killer role in the game despite it being made clear more than once that there was a list of roles and only those roles would be. It's not alot but something doesn't sit right.

Swift worries me more now though. I'm not entirely convinced by his posts and just the way he's played. I feel he's getting all flustered and trying hard to justify himself, but to me he hasn't really done that.

• Paid Members

Sorry tom, it's a case of mistaken identities, I thought you had voted for Ron not Nexus. However, looking back you have asked a couple of odd questions I'm not sure about. You asked how we knew there wasn't a serial killer role in the game despite it being made clear more than once that there was a list of roles and only those roles would be. It's not alot but something doesn't sit right.

Swift worries me more now though. I'm not entirely convinced by his posts and just the way he's played. I feel he's getting all flustered and trying hard to justify himself, but to me he hasn't really done that.

Actually, I agree with you about tom. The focus has mainly been on swiftstrike this phase - and rightly so - however, I always feel concerned when the focus of an entire phase is on the one person. I think tom, and perhaps unfitfinlay, have cases to answer. finlay because of the fact he quickly changed his vote to me last phase during the first wagon, when a quick lynch could have won it for the scum. It was a sudden opinion change on me too.

And tom's been slightly shifty this phase, and last. I didn't like how he accused me of jumping on the wagon for Nexus shortly after "he" started it, when actually I was the first person in the whole game to raise concerns about Nexus. I didn't like his twisting.

As for swiftstrike, I wonder if it's beneficial at this stage for him to roleclaim? He could set the ball rolling for a mass claim, and at least we'd know if we're dealing with a bomb or not. Maybe don't do it yet, but I'm throwing the idea out there to see what everyone thinks?

• Paid Members

Actually, I agree with you about tom. The focus has mainly been on swiftstrike this phase - and rightly so - however, I always feel concerned when the focus of an entire phase is on the one person. I think tom, and perhaps unfitfinlay, have cases to answer. finlay because of the fact he quickly changed his vote to me last phase during the first wagon, when a quick lynch could have won it for the scum. It was a sudden opinion change on me too.

And tom's been slightly shifty this phase, and last. I didn't like how he accused me of jumping on the wagon for Nexus shortly after "he" started it, when actually I was the first person in the whole game to raise concerns about Nexus. I didn't like his twisting.

As for swiftstrike, I wonder if it's beneficial at this stage for him to roleclaim? He could set the ball rolling for a mass claim, and at least we'd know if we're dealing with a bomb or not. Maybe don't do it yet, but I'm throwing the idea out there to see what everyone thinks?

You were right behind me to say how I was right about Nexus, and I'm saying it could be distancing but granted I came at you a bit strong as I felt like you'd played me a bit and had tried to set me up. I never said I was the first to finger Nexus in the entire game but just in the previous phase. I've not twisted anything as it's fact you quickly followed up on my Nexus point; but since my posts yesterday I've seen some holes in my case on you, and am willing to admit maybe my suspicions were based in paranoia. Like I said, you have been very strongly voicing that it's game over if you're lynched and I can't take that risk

Spotlight and swift; are either of you willing to admit that you're the bomb?

• Paid Members

EBWOP - Also, I'll be honest, I brought up the buddying stuff because at the start of the phase when it was mostly me and you posting I suddenly thought that people would say that we were driving everything, and I wanted distance but for town reasons, and also if you are town neighbourizer then your safety is much more important than mine; you have the role to be protected

• Paid Members
That wasn't the slip that was being pushed though was it, it was that he claimed to have forget that SMS was a rolecop after having posted he was a rolecop. What your talking about is rolefishing not a slip. And I believe (not 100% on this) I questioned that but it wasn't the reason given as a slip for pushing his lynch.

Can't speak for anyone else but as I've said before the reason I thought it made him scum was because he was quite clearly lying. If he'd made an argument that SMS revealing his results would've been good for town then I might have believed him. Saying he forgot SMS' role, however, just lacked credibility, especially when he'd not only mentioned it in his post but it was his reason for his opportunistic vote on Snake. What it tells us is debatable but can we at least agree that town have no reason to lie?

Out of interest, what made you think it was a counter wagon to Ron's?

but the point is you did say before and no one really did, I was asking you for your reasons at the time and you kept firing back at my questioning you rather than stating an actual reason, this and the fact that no one explained HOW the slip made him scum is what made me think we were looking at a counter argument. And sometimes the town do have reason do lie perhaps a vanilla hints at a power role to draw a night kill but it is seldom a townie should lie, that is true.

See both Here and Here for times when I said it was because he was clearly lying.

For what it's worth the reason I never said that directly to you is because This is the only post that you asked me what I thought it meant, and I got kind of distracted by you referencing arguments that I hadn't made.

The problem I have with the "counter wagon" argument is that I was the one who was pushing the slip the hardest, and I was voting for Ron until you (quite rightly) pointed out that I was splitting the vote. Tom was the only one on the "counter wagon" at that point and yet you still never showed any signs of even suspecting Nexus. What exactly made you think he was town?

• Paid Members
You were right behind me to say how I was right about Nexus, and I'm saying it could be distancing but granted I came at you a bit strong as I felt like you'd played me a bit and had tried to set me up. I never said I was the first to finger Nexus in the entire game but just in the previous phase. I've not twisted anything as it's fact you quickly followed up on my Nexus point; but since my posts yesterday I've seen some holes in my case on you, and am willing to admit maybe my suspicions were based in paranoia. Like I said, you have been very strongly voicing that it's game over if you're lynched and I can't take that risk

It certainly sounded like that's what you were suggesting. You're actually my number one suspect at this stage, I just don't feel satisfied by your answers.

However, I agree with you in that both swiftstrike and spotlightmagnet should roleclaim. Along with every other poster. I think at this stage it's important the town know who is what, and why.

• Paid Members

It certainly sounded like that's what you were suggesting. You're actually my number one suspect at this stage, I just don't feel satisfied by your answers.

However, I agree with you in that both swiftstrike and spotlightmagnet should roleclaim. Along with every other poster. I think at this stage it's important the town know who is what, and why.

I just like to play devils advocate and throw stuff about; I was wrong with Lion, seems like I was wrong with TDK and I was right with Nexus; granted, it's a mixed bag. Not saying it certainly was distancing, and I can't see you lynched; you're too important after more losses again

• Paid Members

I just like to play devils advocate and throw stuff about; I was wrong with Lion, seems like I was wrong with TDK and I was right with Nexus; granted, it's a mixed bag. Not saying it certainly was distancing, and I can't see you lynched; you're too important after more losses again

Hmmm, I actually forgot about TDK. That said, I doubt brownie would have voted the way he did last phase if he were scum. It would have been stupid. In fact, I'd go as far as to say I'm 90% sure he's a town player.

And that seems like buddying :/

I'm going to leave you a case to answer to some time in the next 24 hours, an absolute chance for you to change what I'm about to do (ie. vote for you), but as it stands I'm more sure that you're scum than anyone else.

So:

Vote tom

As I've said I'm going to build a case on you. Maybe it'll be definitive, maybe it'll mean you'll argue your case so well I'll feel reassured. But right now I just think there's something not quite right about some of your posts. We'll see.

• Paid Members

Hmmm, I actually forgot about TDK. That said, I doubt brownie would have voted the way he did last phase if he were scum. It would have been stupid. In fact, I'd go as far as to say I'm 90% sure he's a town player.

And that seems like buddying :/

I'm going to leave you a case to answer to some time in the next 24 hours, an absolute chance for you to change what I'm about to do (ie. vote for you), but as it stands I'm more sure that you're scum than anyone else.

So:

Vote tom

As I've said I'm going to build a case on you. Maybe it'll be definitive, maybe it'll mean you'll argue your case so well I'll feel reassured. But right now I just think there's something not quite right about some of your posts. We'll see.

My point was I think he's town too hence the seems I was wrong but there's still doubt. I think you're town, you've got a power role, so it's obvious I don't want to see you lynched and thus not really buddying as such. I look forward to your case but don't see how it's more than me being aggressive to TDK but actually saving him with regards to the Mike PM by mentioning the quote, wrongly accusing Lion like a lot did, being an absolute rem about a SK, and then me getting cold-feet about you

I'll defend myself but I maintain for now I see you as important town

Also, a post from me early on, a crap attempt to show I was town but hopefully it got the point across :

I think I'm going to start this one by not trusting anybody and giving no one a free ride

The point being that because I was scum in the last game I had a group of guys to trust and I was able to leave the scum guys alone almost completely and just attack people I knew to be town or mason etc.. And in this game as I am town, I'm stating that no one will be knowingly given a free ride as everyone is under suspicion due to not knowing who the scum guys are. Probably a real rubbish first attempt at placing down a marker to refer to later on but a marker it certainly was

For now I'm happy you're town given what I've seen of you, and as such I'm going to advance my fos on swift to a vote, as not much has been done to show me he's not scum

VOTE SWIFTSTRIKE

• Paid Members

As I said before I didn't quite realise how close I was putting you to a lynch since I must've missed/forgot about Chris B's vote on you. It wasn't that quick a change of opinion though. I'd suspected you throughout the game, I just didn't think that your attempt to trap Tom was even as close to as scummy as he made out. When I thought the two of you were distancing and trying to bus Nexus, that wasn't really valid anymore. I will admit to getting a wee bit overexcited at thinking I'd found three of the four scum and complicating things unnecessarily. Something I'll have to watch out for in future.

As for Tom, I am still interested in why he was making your attempt to trap him into something it wasn't. The weakness of the trap and Tom's complete over reaction to it were one of the main things that made me think the two of you were distancing.

• Paid Members

That's my bad, finlay; I let myself get caught off guard and didn't see Ron's attempt to trap me coming, and also didn't appreciate the fact it was down out of a burning desire to get some other angles to look at, as opposed to something more sinister and scummy. To be frankly honest, it was instinctive OMGUS and I do feel foolish about it now upon reading back through things which is why I've backed off Ron and admitted my flaws in a potential case on him

• Paid Members

EBWOP - Also, after more or less coasting through my first game completely unchallenged, I had never really been targeted before and as such, despite thinking I'd know that it was nothing personal, I felt a big tide of self-defence and insult inside of me [especially as I'm committed town] and therefore reacted badly

Archived