Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

EBWOP

Had another read of Nexus' "slip" and I'd just like to point this out to anyone unconvinced by it.

No, the elongation was a metal gear solid reference, actually. Settle down sweetheart, you've not found a scumtell.

Pretty sure I'd have just as much to answer for if we'd lynched SMS. SMS as a rolecop is more use than a Bulletproof townie. I didn't know if Snake was town or not, and I realised BP is a good skill for scum to have-he would've been completely protected from any vigs. At least with the Snake lynch we have a good place to start-who was on his wagon, who wasn't etc.? Often not voting is as important a wagon to look at as voting. Who was not voting to try and force a no lynch? Let's not just look at Snake's wagon.

SMS, did you get any results?

Yes, I had forgotten that SMS was a rolecop. He shouldn't out anyone else. My bad.

So, Nexus knew SMS was a rolecop at the start of his post but forgot by the end of it? :confused:

That's a really good spot actually. Wowzers. Nexus do you want to comment on this? Actually, since you've been prodded and if you're replaced we lose the chance to interrogate I'll take the initiative.

unvote

VOTE Nexus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good discovery unfitfinlay, but are we sure that this is strong enough evidence for him to be our main suspect for the day, as if we lynch wrong I fear it will be game over.

I have little strange feelings about Toms play for a while, but as I couldn't point out anything that really stood out to me, it is good to see I am not alone in feeling he might be scum.

In fairness, if you look back at everyones posts, we have all at least posted one thing that it would be easy for the scum to twist and try and lynch us.

Well I say all of us, but one of us has been so quiet and added nothing when he has posted , that I still have no opinion on him and can only remember his reasons for not posting being work related.

Considering how long this game has been going, I expect more input from fellow players, but if you can't input more just actual say something worthwhile when you post.

He is not lynchable just yet, but I am not letting him think he is getting a free ride this late in the game, so sort yourself out Carbomb.

FOS: Carbomb

• Paid Members

Vote Count

Nexus (2) - tom, bristep123

Ron Simmons (3) - Chris B, SMS, unfitfinlay

bristep (1) - Ron Simmons

Not Voting:

spotlightmagnet1, swiftstrike, Nexus, brownie, Carbomb MA

With 11 Alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: 7:30pm Wednesday 6th April

• Paid Members
EBWOP

Had another read of Nexus' "slip" and I'd just like to point this out to anyone unconvinced by it.

No, the elongation was a metal gear solid reference, actually. Settle down sweetheart, you've not found a scumtell.

Pretty sure I'd have just as much to answer for if we'd lynched SMS. SMS as a rolecop is more use than a Bulletproof townie. I didn't know if Snake was town or not, and I realised BP is a good skill for scum to have-he would've been completely protected from any vigs. At least with the Snake lynch we have a good place to start-who was on his wagon, who wasn't etc.? Often not voting is as important a wagon to look at as voting. Who was not voting to try and force a no lynch? Let's not just look at Snake's wagon.

SMS, did you get any results?

Yes, I had forgotten that SMS was a rolecop. He shouldn't out anyone else. My bad.

So, Nexus knew SMS was a rolecop at the start of his post but forgot by the end of it? :confused:

Finley what exactly are you saying the slip is. Is it just that Nexus is not paying attention? That he is revealing SMS is not actually a role cop? That Ron and Tom are hoping to bus Nexus? As you seem to have argued all three of these points around this "slip" and I am wondering if your now just pushing the vote on Nexus hard just because of his play at the end of the last phase.

• Paid Members

EBWOP:

Also Finley as you mention it for anyone else not being convinced of Nexus slip. You don't seem to be convinced of it because based on Mike's vote count you are voting Ron so why are you pushing a wagon that you don't even have the conviction to vote for yourself.

FOS UNFITFINLEY

Because he jumped on the Ron wagon Swift. I want Nexus to clarify how he could "forget" that SMS was the rolecop and not the cop in the same post as he makes mention of SMS being the rolecop. Then my vote is going back to Finlay because his vote looked like a scum wagon jump.

• Paid Members

I'd just got in from work and my mind wasn't really active, so that's why I made a mistake. If that's all you've got to lynch me, fair enough.

Also, Ron might not necessarily be scum bussing his partners. If you look over on MS, there's people who act as agressive as Ron does as town, and it works. They tend to become town-leaders. So, I don't necessarily see it as a scum tell.

I wouldn't describe Ron as aggressive really. Inquisitive and cagey for the most part.

Right, that's all I had my vote on for, back to this scum wagon jump on Finlay's.

unvote

VOTE unfitfinlay

• Paid Members
Firstly, I didn't use that term, it's just happenstance that bus was involved. I meant in a real life sense of ron pushing me off the curb. Secondly, why would I bring something like that to light? I am still relatively new and don't always use terms correctly

That's what "bussing" means Tom. Pushing your scum buddy in front of a bus, so he'll flip scum and you'll look innocent.

I'd also point out that Ron did no such thing. He made a weak attempt to get you to out yourself as scum and backed off immediately as you soon as you answered. The weakness of his trap and your complete overreaction to it is another thing that makes me suspect that the two of you might be aligned.

Ron - Oddly enough I actually went back in the thread because I was suspicious of Nexus and wanted to read his "slip" again. That's when I noticed how odd the interplay between you and Tom was. Between the two of you, I think you've been the most suspicious over the course of the game, which is why I put the vote on you and not Tom.

In real life as in outside of a game of Mafia, and not in this sense. In hindsight a bad turn of phrase given how it has more sinister meaning.

Firstly, I didn't use that term, it's just happenstance that bus was involved. I meant in a real life sense of ron pushing me off the curb. Secondly, why would I bring something like that to light? I am still relatively new and don't always use terms correctly

That's what "bussing" means Tom. Pushing your scum buddy in front of a bus, so he'll flip scum and you'll look innocent.

I'd also point out that Ron did no such thing. He made a weak attempt to get you to out yourself as scum and backed off immediately as you soon as you answered. The weakness of his trap and your complete overreaction to it is another thing that makes me suspect that the two of you might be aligned.

Ron - Oddly enough I actually went back in the thread because I was suspicious of Nexus and wanted to read his "slip" again. That's when I noticed how odd the interplay between you and Tom was. Between the two of you, I think you've been the most suspicious over the course of the game, which is why I put the vote on you and not Tom.

In real life as in outside of a game of Mafia, and not in this sense. In hindsight a bad turn of phrase given how it has more sinister meaning.

• Paid Members
I'd just got in from work and my mind wasn't really active, so that's why I made a mistake. If that's all you've got to lynch me, fair enough.

Also, Ron might not necessarily be scum bussing his partners. If you look over on MS, there's people who act as agressive as Ron does as town, and it works. They tend to become town-leaders. So, I don't necessarily see it as a scum tell.

You're winning me over but as far as I can see, you STILL haven't answered why you said if Snake confirmed as BP he wouldn't be lynched and why you voted for him once he confirmed? For the most part I tend to see bristep v Ron as staunch townies going head-to-head, but sometimes I have a small worry about Ron. I'm pretty confident bristep is town though.

• Paid Members

Jesus. I've answered it in that I decided that after he confirmed it, I still would've rather had a lynch than a no lynch. That way we could analyse his wagon. Which you had done. That's why I changed my mind.

• Paid Members
Finley what exactly are you saying the slip is. Is it just that Nexus is not paying attention? That he is revealing SMS is not actually a role cop? That Ron and Tom are hoping to bus Nexus? As you seem to have argued all three of these points around this "slip" and I am wondering if your now just pushing the vote on Nexus hard just because of his play at the end of the last phase.

When did I argue that Nexus wasn't paying attention? Or that SMS is not a rolecop? He's a definitely rolecop or he wouldn't have known Snake was bulletproof. I don't think I've been pushing the vote hard on Nexus either since, as you pointed out, my vote is on Ron and I've probably spent more time looking at him, Tom and SMS than I have Nexus.

EBWOP:

Also Finley as you mention it for anyone else not being convinced of Nexus slip. You don't seem to be convinced of it because based on Mike's vote count you are voting Ron so why are you pushing a wagon that you don't even have the conviction to vote for yourself.

FOS UNFITFINLEY

Because I suspect, and have said, that I think Nexus was trying to bus himself so that Ron and Tom appear to look town. Personally, I'd be quite happy with a lynch on any of those three. I've still got my suspicions about SMS too but they aren't as strong as they were.

Bristep - regarding my jump on Ron. I must've missed/forgot about Chris B's vote on him as I was under the impression that yours was the only one on him before I started writing my post, I saw SMS' vote when I previewed and thought my vote would take him to L3 not L2, which admittedly was ridiculous so early in the phase. My apologies.

Nexus - Why did you defend your vote on Snake by saying you thought SMS was more valuable when he only had one vote on him and the only other viable wagon was on Lion, a claimed vanilla?

• Paid Members

When did I argue that Nexus wasn't paying attention? Or that SMS is not a rolecop? He's a definitely rolecop or he wouldn't have known Snake was bulletproof. I don't think I've been pushing the vote hard on Nexus either since, as you pointed out, my vote is on Ron and I've probably spent more time looking at him, Tom and SMS than I have Nexus.

EBWOP:

FOS UNFITFINLEY

Because I suspect, and have said, that I think Nexus was trying to bus himself so that Ron and Tom appear to look town. Personally, I'd be quite happy with a lynch on any of those three. I've still got my suspicions about SMS too but they aren't as strong as they were.

Bristep - regarding my jump on Ron. I must've missed/forgot about Chris B's vote on him as I was under the impression that yours was the only one on him before I started writing my post, I saw SMS' vote when I previewed and thought my vote would take him to L3 not L2, which admittedly was ridiculous so early in the phase. My apologies.

Nexus - Why did you defend your vote on Snake by saying you thought SMS was more valuable when he only had one vote on him and the only other viable wagon was on Lion, a claimed vanilla?

I read something you posted as either you where questioning whether he was not paying attention or that in fact SMS wasn't the role cop but another scum member was but I don't have time at the moment to go back and pick it out but I will do later today or tomorrow. Also if you are not pushing the Nexus lynch of the slip what are you doing trying to use the Nexus "slip" to force a lynch on Ron because you otherwise are splitting the vote unless you make it clear that that is something for follow up tomorrow.

Archived