CRW on AlterNation on NE1FM

eugenespeed

• Paid Members

Hi guys

Just wanted to let you know that Thomas, Killian and Nik from CRW are going to be on AlterNation tonight from 7pm.

We also have some great alternative music and unsigned bands as well as a review of the first ever Newcastle Home Roller Derby bout "Flog On The Tyne" that happened on Saturday.

We'll love to hear your questions for the lads, so please join us on www.ne1fm.net

what was discussed as this is causing quite the stir amongst the north east based guys and from what I hear I can understand their points but I haven't heard it myself

• Paid Members

I read something along those lines on Facebook. It is never the shows intention to offend or insult any wrestler regardless of where they are based or who they wrestle for and I do apologise if anything on the show did this.

I am a wrestling fan myself. AlterNation is nearly 4 years old, I've loved wrestling for nearly three decades.

I thought Killian and Thomas were great guests and would love to have them or anyone else from CRW or indeed any other north east promotion (we've had guys from IWF on as well) in the future.

It is the shows intention to entertain and help promote any alternative entertainment primarily in the North East but anywhere in the UK and not to offend or insult anyone.

From what I gather the lads were too open about the inner workings of the business and this is what has annoyed some people. I don't think the issue is with the show, more some points made by lads who should know better. Again, I add I am going off other people relaying it to me but it didn't sound like an ideal situation

With all due respect, although i can emphatise with the grievances, i dont feel that what CRW did on the show was that bad. Kayfabe is a dying concept & im sure the audience of Alternation are well award that wrestling is pre determined in some way. I very much doubt that anyone under the age of 11 listens to NE1 FM on a Monday night after 7pm. Of course there are many promoters & wrestlers that try to keep the idea of kayfabe alive and this is why i understand. But with the invention of outlets such as facebook [which im sure more 11s will have access to] make kayfabe pretty much obselete. So im sure a few remarks on an evening radio show wouldnt have caused too much damage, and if anything, helped the North East scene through advertising & acknowledgement.

Its not a case of people knowing its pre determined, its a case of going into detail about the behind the scenes stuff and insider info. From what I hear the guys did a good job of promoting the north east scene but like anything its one bad thingt hat gets picked up because it didn't need to be discussed.I know all my info is second hand from others but it sounds like too much detail was exposed about things that go on when putting on shows, matches, etc. I think its our responsibility to keep it as guarded as possible, that's not to insult peoples intelligence but some things shouldn't be discussed in my opinion

Archived