Poetry In Motion - Wrestling's Best

Super Cena

Whilst watching Raw this week I ended up in a nostalgic mood upon hearing Hunter talking about how he's going to end Undertaker's streak, and seeing the subtle (but awesome nonetheless) video package accompanying HBK's interview.

What wrestling moments get you reminiscing about the 'good old days', and what events bring a tear to the eye?

- This was introduced to me in the You Tube thread on here. Fucking brilliant, and it only gets better each time I watch it - Terry Funk Desperado

- Paul Heyman talking at the end of The Rise And Fall Of ECW DVD.

- Watching the main event of WM17 back seeing Austin finally side with McMahon. If it were a book, a 'crimson-masked' Steve Austin passing out to Bret Hart at WM13 would be the front cover. The Attitude era, and Austin battling against McMahon, before feuding with The Rock, would be the main content (Rock's subsequent elevation from mid-card status would be included, also). Stone Cold and Vince McMahon sharing a beer would be the closing chapter.

- Ric Flair losing to Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 24, and his farewell speech on the following Raw.

- Ric Flair losing to Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 24, and his farewell speech on the following Raw.

only for him to then show up again 12 months later for Wrestlemania 25 and then in TNA at the end of the year.

Flair had the perfect send-off, and then made it mean absolutely nothing the second he dirtied up TNA's mat

• Paid Members

Few things in wrestling have really bought a tear to my eye, other than one or two deaths/tributes to dead wrestlers, and its the emotional effect of seeing something either build over years or the culmination of watching "that guy" work his ass off for years and finally get there., or seeing someone you loved to watch walk away.

Arn Anderson announces his retirement on Nitro as Flair fights to hold back tears in the background.

Kobashi finally pinning Misawa in a singles match, March 1st 2003, winning the GHC title.

Watching Eddy celebrate with the belt at No Way Out 2004.

Watching Benoit make Trips tap at WMXX.

"Shawn Michaels has left the building.." and the hug that Hunter gives him on the top of the ramp, tears unabashedly flowing from both.

Archived