Best Feud Of 2010

tiger_rick

Best Feud Of 2010  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looking at it, it reminds me of how high a calibre of long-running feuds there were over the past year. Quite impressed really.

Went for Nexus/Cena in the end - even though there were bad moments towards the end, there were some really exciting and innovative moments, and a very impressive push for numerous new guys by WWE.

Michaels/Taker came close from a sentimental standpoint.

I was close to voting for the MCMG/Beer Money fued based purely on how good the matches were. The 2/3 Falls Match in particular was a real sight.

I went for El Generico vs. Kevin Steen in the end though, because it was just so heated and almost every match in the fued was an absolute massacre, and kudos to Corino and Cabana for playing a good part in the shenanigans as well.

It is between Batista versus Cena and Miz against Lawler for me. Both produced some cracking TV. Both seemed rooted in reality (or at least believable angles) where you could fully understand the motivation for each of the four characters. Both led to some excellent promos. And both delivered some good matches in ring that were probably better than they should have been.

I like Cena a lot more than many and I thought some of the Nexus stuff they did was some of the most interesting TV they've done in years but looked at as a feud overall it was way, way too inconsistent to get my vote.

Beer Money Inc. vs. Motor City Machine Guns were some of the few matches I watched from TNA and I enjoyed all of them. If the promo/angle side of the feud was as good as in-ring then I can certainly see why people would go for that.

Rey Misterio vs. CM Punk was an interesting one because of what it meant for each of their careers. As I said in the Nominations thread, I think for Mysterio him going against Punk was just good feud to add to his back catalogue of good feuds that produced good matches for Rey - no different in that sense than his feuds with guys like Angle, JBL, Guerrero, Jericho, Edge, Ziggler, Swagger, Del Rio, etc. which all had their moments either on the mike or in-ring where you could argue they were one of the better (best in many cases) things going on at each particular time. Same against Punk.

On the other hand for Punk I think it was some of his best work so far both in-ring and on the stick with only the Jeff Hardy feud from last year coming close to that level of his character and in-ring stuff coming together (I thought some of his best promos were in the Undertaker feud but it didn't result in that consistent quality of matches, whilst he had good matches against guys like Morrison and Edge in the past but I don't remember his mike work standing out in those).

Even taking out the sentimental part, Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker was pretty great - I actually preferred it (HBK's obsession with being the man to end the Streak leading to him doing things that were out of character) over last year's Heaven & Hell stuff. Most other years I would have considered it but Cena/Batista was on a different level for me and considering those feuds happened concurrently I think its easy to compare them.

I'm going for Cena/Batista but only because it had longer to develop than Lawler/Miz - I think old Jerry was every bit as good as those two were during that feud, but it was just a bit too late in the year for me.