11. (Santino Mariella) bristep123 (L-7) Swiftstrike

13. (Kofi Kingston) Carbomb

14. (Sheamus) Mike Castle (L-5) Corey Vandal,Chris B, Family Guy PMSL

16. (Edge) Burchill's Buddy

17. (Rey Mysterio) Wolfvinson

18. (MVP) Lawz

19. (Jack Swagger) Chris B

20. (Christian) CoreyVandal

Not Voting - Brownie, Bristep123, Carbomb, Wolfvinson, Chris Stone, Burchills Buddy

With 14 in the ring it takes 8 to throw someone over the top rope. Ad Break will occur on Wednesday 22nd December 2010 at 16:00

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Well it seems I have a lot to catch up on from the weekend play....but from a quick skim it seems Mike has performed the most epic of backtracks on Ron, and as his rabid insistence that he was scum was one of the main reasons for my vote, I'm going to unvote too. I'm going to try and re-read some of Swift's and Family Guy's stuff today, but if I don't agree with the arguments against them then I think my vote will go on either Corey or Wolfvision.

Less a backtrack and more "Hang on... this is Snake's game, it IS plausible he'd stick both roles in a single game" Along with "If Ron is telling the truth, then we get two unkillable (without scum losing members) townies" with a hint of "I need to remember that what constitutes a slip on MS, doesn't mean so here because people seem to play strange over here".

Corey I believe to be just not playing, so I'm not convinced he's scum, Wolfvision on the other hand seems to pop up just before he would be eligible for a modkill, post nothing of importance, and vanish for a few more days. What makes me slightly suspicious is that in his short (thanks to Mike's excellent lynch on him) play in the pirate game (or was it the cowboy game?) he was a very active poster. I have a feeling he might be hiding.

Good point, I'm still not sold on Corey being town though, because with the way brownie played it felt very much like he was desperate not to see his co-scum lynched. But I did say earlier it doesn't necessarily mean that Corey IS scum if brownie is (though it does vice-versa). It could just be that brownie wanted to buy town points for Corey flipping town (if he did).

In the same vein though... where's Chris Stone got to?

• Paid Members
In the same vein though... where's Chris Stone got to?

Yeh he's another one that's generally very active. Wasn't he the top poster in the cowboy game until he got lynched? Only 2 posts since he came in is very low. The thing is with him, Wolfvision and Corey not posting it's going to be very tricky to get a lynch together for Wednesday.

• Paid Members

Family Guy, I notice you're online - fancy elaborating on your quoted comments?

And yeah, it's gonna be tough to get a lynch together given the number of inactive posters. It was "skin of the teeth" stuff last time round, and I expect it to be similar this time. Probably worse. I don't see it getting any easier either, as the more active townies are likely to die in the night phase, meaning we'll be left facing an impossible battle. Unless, of course, Snake adjusts the votecount accordingly or hands out some savage prods. Heck, he could even kill off one or two of them and adjust the votes needed accordingly. Or introduce a "3 prods and your out" system. Whatever the case something needs to be done so that the town have a fair chance of winning. The scum don't need to vote on who dies each night. We do.

• Paid Members

12) If you are prodded: You must respond in-thread within 36 hours or you will be replaced. If you require a second prod, you will only have 24 hours to respond before a replacement is searched for. If you require a third prod, you are subject to replacement.

• Paid Members
12) If you are prodded: You must respond in-thread within 36 hours or you will be replaced. If you require a second prod, you will only have 24 hours to respond before a replacement is searched for. If you require a third prod, you are subject to replacement.

Sorry if this is effort Snake, but would you mind posting the 2 or 3 'most prodded' posters and roughly how much time they have before being modkilled?

• Paid Members
Family Guy, I notice you're online

I'm viewing the topic on my phone whilst at work you stalker, when I'm ready to type out a full case to why I'm not scum, and you clearly are, believe me you'll be the first to know.

What's with all the abuse? It's a game, and if I think you're scum - which I obviously do - I'm gonna say this and justify it with what you've said. You've already taken other people to task for getting aggressive/insulting so maybe you should try leading by example.

• Paid Members

Greetings all from New Zealand!

Quite a bit has gone on since I was on home soil. The internet here in Kati Kati (look it up, it's beautiful) is very poor, so for now, i'm going to address the key points:

Ron being the SK: As has been said, if Ron is the SK, why would he allude to third party roles so early on? Surely, as has been proven by swiftstrike, third parties are best to not mention third parties until it's obvious. If he is the SK (and Mike makes a very good argument for it) I can't fathom why he would mention it.

Mike being a bomb: It's a great roleclaim, because instantly people are dissuaded from voting for him. I'm willing to bet he's lying.

Me and Corey being scum together: Corey may be scum, but i'm not. Corey isn't playing and should go, but I want to see him replaced because he could be pro town and considering how many town we've already lost, i'd like to try and have as many people playing as possible (as BB says, without everyone playing, we may not get a lynch). Forget alignments for a second and consider the game - we need as many people playing as possible.

• Paid Members

I should be posting regulary now. A couple of hours out yesterday turned into a late one followed by TLC.

Question for Bristep123, is this your first game?

Mike, your plan in post 1214 re Corey & Brownie has good thought out reasoning behind it, but I'm leaning towards the FGPMSL

side of things. The point picked up by Ron is the clincher.

Vote Family Guy PMSL

Swiftstrike is still setting alarms off. I'm happy to believe Bristep123 is town for now.

• Paid Members
Mike, your plan in post 1214 re Corey & Brownie has good thought out reasoning behind it, but I'm leaning towards the FGPMSL

Vote Family Guy PMSL

Swiftstrike is still setting alarms off. I'm happy to believe Bristep123 is town for now.

Just out of interest, which point of Ron's about Family Guy was the clincher for you, I've read the last couple of pages back a few times and I'm still not sure of anything particularly concrete about him, as Ron mentioned yesterday I've not really had any direct interaction with him this game (which led him to think we were perhaps working together). However he does have the most votes at the moment and a no-lynch would be a nightmare for town. I'm really unsure of where to place my vote now, but one way or another, it's going somewhere. If the town need my vote to lynch Family Guy then that's where it'll go. Otherwise it's likely to be one of the inactive players.

I should be posting regulary now. A couple of hours out yesterday turned into a late one followed by TLC.

Question for Bristep123, is this your first game?

Vote Family Guy PMSL

Yes, first game. I followed the Cluedo one and wanted to give it a go myself.

Ron, I think you need to cool your jets before you talk yourself into a lynch.

You're playing a super-defensive game, which comes across as having something to hide or protect. I appreciate you want to defend every bun thrown, but I think you need to start picking your battles. Just accept with you an Dan it's over. He's going to vote for you, he thinks your scum, and that's that.

I'm now more inclined to to think you're scum based on the full-on foot-on-the-gas defensive game of yours, you're now getting to the point that you're twisting words and not reading things properly, purely to discredit Dan's point of view. I don't think anybody thought you were being accused to tunnelling when Dan mentioned it a couple of posts back, and we all knew he was referring to himself, but you dived on it straight away without even reading it properly. Stop ting it personally dude.

(Ron's post quoted in this post has been removed, I have too many quotes in the post already)

I have been going through FamilyGuy's posts to try because he is appearing more and more to be the most likely scum. I found this, and it stands out because of his behaviour since making it.

Here he is telling Ron that he should just accept that Dan thinks he is scum, and stop arguing his case. Particularly this line "I appreciate you want to defend every bun thrown, but I think you need to start picking your battles. Just accept with you an Dan it's over. He's going to vote for you, he thinks your scum, and that's that." flies in the face of FamilyGuy's own actions during day two where he just could not let any comment that Ron made about him go by without accusations of tunnelling, without actually making a case for himself. Take this post for example, Ron voted for FamilyGuy, and when asked he gave reasons. The only points FamilyGuy responded to where those of balance and tunnelling. Since then he has continued to speak as though the points were done and dusted then and there, and that there was no further reason to suspect he was scum. (I bolded the parts not addressed by FG).

Any reason why, apart from the fact that you don't find it logical that I voted for you on Day 1?

Yeah, I thought you focussed on me heavily on day one. Tunneling almost. You also made that "direction of the game" comment. The way you played that first day is very different than the way I've seen you play before. That's left me thinking that you might be scum.

Of course, there's obviously time for you to change my opinion and I very well might. As I've said I think at least one out of yourself, Burchill's Buddy and TMS is scum. I think there's a plan to try and make me look scummy based on the fact I lost my rag on the first day. And admitedly, it's a solid foundation for scum to work from.

The reason I voted for you over BB and TMS is that I feel more familiar with your play style than theirs, and I know you're a really strong player (but don't know much about them) so I think for you to have been so focussed on me, when you ordinarily seem so rounded and balanced, I think something might be up.

I wouldn't say naming 3 players I suspect, and then questioning you because Nexus and SMS had gone AWOL isnt balanced, you kept bringing things to the table to respond to, then accuse me of tunnelling? I fail to see your logic.

Add to that his defiant protests when TripleA dared to suggest that a scenario he was part of was slightly suspect (Not at any point saying that he was scum, but that 3 people voting for someone who was V/LA was suspect and should be looked at), admitting that it was a valid point but highly flawed, then giving an incorrect summary of the point (stating that the accusation was that all 3 of them looked scummy, not that 1 of the 3 would likely be scum trying to hop on the wagon).

He has also flip-flopped a lot in the game, moving between angered accusations of tunnelling to trying to reason with Ron (which lead to the now infamous "I know I'm town, I know you're town" line (paraphrasing)), his play has been erratic as has his behaviour.

The fact that this line, spotted by Ron is fairly incriminating is only worsened by the fact that FamilyGuy has made several posts since then but has failed to acknowledge or defend this line. Given that there is now a wagon rolling on him, should he maybe try to stop it?

Family Guy, I notice you're online

I'm viewing the topic on my phone whilst at work you stalker, when I'm ready to type out a full case to why I'm not scum, and you clearly are, believe me you'll be the first to know.

No, apparently not as he's still preoccupied with Ron. He'll provide a full case exonerating himself and incriminating Ron, but only when he's good and ready. With us 2 days from the end of the phase. And why remove half of Ron's sentence?

Family Guy, I notice you're online - fancy elaborating on your quoted comments?

Does the second half of the post make it seem less stalkerish and more an effort to move the game along?

Anyway, the more I have read through his play the more I think that he is scum and also scum trying to play misdirection and distraction to try and avoid wagons forming. For that reason and for every other reason

VOTE Family Guy PMSL

• Paid Members

Hmm, I'm caught between a rock and a hard place here, Bristep a lot of your above post I wouldn't consider particularly great evidence (the stuff about only quoting half the post especially) and overall I still don't see enough to warrant a lynch on Family Guy yet, however I'm aware that by me saying that I'm playing into Ron's "Look they're working together" comment that I can see being thrown back at me if I don't vote for him and he does end up being scum.

I think I'm going to wait and see what Family Guy has to say when he posts up this "full case" as to why he isn't scum before I decide whether or not to put my vote down. However I'll stick to what I said earlier, in that if he is the only likely lynch candidate and the town needs my vote then I'll follow as preferable to a no-lynch.

• Paid Members
Mike being a bomb: It's a great roleclaim, because instantly people are dissuaded from voting for him. I'm willing to bet he's lying.

Excellent, so if you're still alive (you shouldn't be) at a point when people think I should be lynched (or the ideal point to do some confirming comes), you'll be happy to hammer then. Good to know.

Archived