The Gathering 4 : Fool's Gold

Nabbed this from http://scottishwrestling.co.uk/events/?event_id=16

11 Sep 2010 - 18:30

Kelvin Hall

1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow

At Battlezone Co-Owner Eric Canyon announced that on September 11th, the Scottish Wrestling Alliance returns for its fourth outing at the Kevlin Hall International Sports Arena, with the original Scottish Supershow - the Gathering 4 "Fools Gold". Except the unexpected, with some unpredictable match stipulations and massive stars!

NWA Scottish Heavyweight Championship - Steel Cage Match

As 50% owner, Canyon needs the Scottish Championship in order to gain a controlling share of the company. Throughout the year he's sent challenger after challenger to grab the belt from reigning Champion Scott Renwick but every attempt has fallen apart for Canyon as Renwick has proven a tough man to beat. At Battlezone however, Eric Canyon stunned the crowds when he entered himself at number thirty in the rumble and toppled survivor Andy Anderson over the ropes to become the last man standing and head to the Gathering to fight for the NWA Scottish Heavyweight Championship!

But Canyon still has one final ace in the hole when his man "Bad Boy" Liam Thomson gets his final opportunity against Scott Renwick on August 28th in Uddingston. Thomson has been the only man to pin Renwick throughout his 10 month reign, and is without a doubt one of the best challengers around, especially considering he has the full backing (and bankrole) of Eric Canyon.

But should the Scottish Bad Boy fail, then Canyon will have to take matters into his own hands and step into the ring for the first time in over 2 years. Should this happen, the SWA committee has put a massive match stipulation in place. With Canyon's cohorts continually getting involved in NWA Scottish Heavyweight Championship matches, and with Canyon fixing the Battlezone so he could take number one contendership, the SWA committee has pulled all the stops and brought back its 15 foot steel cage!

Although Canyon is no stranger to cage matches, having taken part in the first ever cage match in Scotland, Canyon will be seperated from his coalition. Should Renwick make it past Thomson, Canyon may very well live to regret taking the number one contendership!

NWA British Championship Final

For the better part of a year challengers have been lining up in a tournament to crown a new NWA-UK Champion. We've seen challengers from all over the UK take part and at the Gathering we'll finally see the crowning of a new champion.

With the tournament spearheaded by the last man to hold the belt, Peter Murphy, we'll see the final pieces fit together on the Road to the Gathering on July 25th's After Hours in Glasgow and August 28th's Uddinston event to see which four men will take the spotlight at the Gathering and fight for one of British wrestling's most prestigious prize as the Semi Finals and Final's take place in the Kelvin Hall.

SWA Tag Team Titles - Joker's Wild match

The SWA Tag Team Champions Dickie Divers and William Grange, the Superior Talent Initiative have proved to be quite the record breakers as Champions. They have not only held the titles the longest, but also have defended the titles more than any other team before them. In normal circumstances, they should feel quite confident, they have experience, they have skill, and they have the full backing of the slimy Co-Owner Eric Canyon when anything goes awry.....but that may be about to change when SWA rolls into the Kelvin Hall.

Not only will S.T.I. have to defend their titles against 3 other teams, but they won't even know what stipulation they will be fighting under! This year, the SWA committee has announced that the tag team title match will be contested as a "Joker's Wild" match, which means that the actual stipulation will be voted by you, the fans, and the results won't be revealed until the night itself!

A poll will be set up online in the next few days whereby you, the fans, can vote whether the Tag Titles will be contested under a 4 team hardcore match, falls count anywhere, ladder match, tables match or how about a 4 team TLC??? You decide!

Money in the Bank Scramble Match!

The Gathering would not be the Gathering without its Number 1 Contendership match. This year, five men will compete against one another in order to gain the right to face the NWA Scottish Heavyweight Champion, at absolutely ANY time over the course of the year. Previous winners have gone on to use the opportunity THAT NIGHT and have walked away with the Title. It certainly offers up one of the most unpredictable ending to any show!

This years competitors will be announced over the next couple of weeks!

Ladies Match

After surviving a Femme Fatale Four Way match at Govan, Sara is the first wrestler to qualify for the Gathering. Although the match stipulation has not yet been set, nor indeed how many participants there are, the SWA committee has made it clear that at least one of the competitors will be a well travelled and well respected European female making her debut in the SWA. More will be announced in the upcoming weeks!

The card as it stands!

NWA Scottish Heavyweight Title - Steel Cage Match

Scott Renwick or Liam Thomson © vs. Eric Canyon

NWA British Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi Final's and Final

Money in the Bank - Scramble Match

??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? vs ???

SWA Tag Team Titles - Jokers Wild Match

S.T.I. vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ???

Ladies Match

Sara vs. ???

And much more!

As we take the last steps towards the Gathering, expect to see the final pieces fall into place with more matches to be announced.

Tickets are on sale now at the following:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a TLC Match as the tag title match. The last time Eric Canyon was in the cage was a super match with Majik.

Last year's scramble match was brilliant so I was sort of hoping that this year would be the same and it's good to see that it is.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a TLC Match as the tag title match.

Well, it's up to you to make the vote ;) The poll is now open for Jokers Wild right about... here!

Tables for the British tournament have been uploaded today, which I thought might be of interest as it was mentioned in the Govan thread (I think?)

That cage match between Canyon and Majik was superb it was one of SWA's first big main event matches. It was I think only the 4th or 5th Scottish wrestling show I had been at but this was probably the match that convinved me to keep going to them.

That cage match between Canyon and Majik was superb it was one of SWA's first big main event matches. It was I think only the 4th or 5th Scottish wrestling show I had been at but this was probably the match that convinved me to keep going to them.

I'd say it was the biggest match to that point in SWA. The 2/3 Falls Match with Conscience and Canyon was a big 'un and that was also a fucking corker. Come to think of it, Eric Canyon was awesome, wasn't he ?

I'd say it was the biggest match to that point in SWA. The 2/3 Falls Match with Conscience and Canyon was a big 'un and that was also a fucking corker. Come to think of it, Eric Canyon was awesome, wasn't he ?

Why yes yes he was and still is. :thumbsup:

Why yes yes he was and still is. :thumbsup:

I'm staying all Switzerland with my opinion here...

...the Jokers Wild poll has had an unbelievable response. Cheers to all who voted, to all that haven't had a chance, go speak your mind ;)

• 2 weeks later...

http://scottishwrestling.co.uk/community/n...-to-early-2011/

Due to ongoing industrial action by Culture & Sport Glasgow in recent months, and more strikes planned to effect leisure and arts venues, those of us in the Scottish Wrestling Alliance have found ourselves in a difficult position as we cannot guarantee that the Kelvin Hall will open it

The project I manage is based in a CSG bulding and believe me these strikes are far from over with. They're looking to cause maximum disruption and targeting something like the Gathering would be typical of the unions tactics on this. (Not that I disagree with the strikes btw, more than justified IMO).

We've only actually been able to plan around them because the staff who run the building tip us off on the quiet, otherwise we'd have 70 kids turning up trying to get in to a project that's closed.

Gutted we won't get the Gathering until 2011 but I think I'd rather than than having it in a samller venue tbh.

Archived