Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Yeah, but why should he have to quit a job he loves because of what is very probably a single loony?

Yeah. I wouldn't risk my own life based on probability. I can't imagine how I'd feel about it if I had a family.

The rest is irrelevant nonsense and absolutely insignificant in comparison to the well being of both himself and his family. I can't believe "they win!" is being used as an excuse for him not going. There comes a point where pride becomes idiocy and that would be it.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely the response should be "I hope the police catch the pricks who carry out this vile hate campaign and lock them up, preferably throwing away the key," NOT "fuck it, if we just get rid of the victims, there'd be no crime any more."

That's a very simplistic way of looking at it, is it not? Obviously he's hoping the police catch them, but you can't be sure if there isn't more that want to do the same thing. Just saying "ah well, it MIGHT be some lone nut" isn't good enough. And I hate to sound like a broken record here, but this guy has got a fucking family to protect. That should be the most important thing in all of this and he should get the fuck out of here before something serious DOES happen.

. And I hate to sound like a broken record here, but this guy has got a fucking family to protect. That should be the most important thing in all of this and he should get the fuck out of here before something serious DOES happen.

It's a bit late for that. If getting sent a letter bomb doesn't qualify as something serious happening what in your opinion would constitute something serious?

And I hate to sound like a broken record here, but this guy has got a fucking family to protect. That should be the most important thing in all of this and he should get the fuck out of here before something serious DOES happen.

I agree.

It's all too easy for us who aren't involved to say that he shouldn't "let them win" and other such tosh, but at the end of the day his family comes first, certainly before a fucking football club.

If he's a real man, he'll walk away.

And I hate to sound like a broken record here, but this guy has got a fucking family to protect. That should be the most important thing in all of this and he should get the fuck out of here before something serious DOES happen.

I agree.

It's all too easy for us who aren't involved to say that he shouldn't "let them win" and other such tosh, but at the end of the day his family comes first, certainly before a fucking football club.

If he's a real man, he'll walk away.

A "real man" backs down from terrorist threats? :confused:

A "real man" leaves behind all the childish bullshit of Scottish football to ensure the safety of his family, and to try and ensure his child has a father when their growing up.

A former MSP and a leading QC have also been targeted. This has already gone beyond the realm of "childish bullshit of Scottish football". While we're at it, should Godman and McBride also walk away?

I wonder if you'd say the same about a politician who was the victim of an assassination attempt.

Lennon is in a position where he can walk away right now and live comfortably for the rest of his life. I know you like to think that he's some sort of Catholic soldier standing up to the forces of evil, but any man who had a family to protect would do just that. Walk away from it.

A "real man" leaves behind all the childish bullshit of Scottish football to ensure the safety of his family, and to try and ensure his child has a father when their growing up.

Indeed. A complete walloper would risk his own and his family's well being.

While we're at it, should Godman and McBride also walk away?

The difference is that Neil Lennon could probably walk right into another job away from this shit. I've yet to see a non-mental reason why he shouldn't.

And should Paul McBride refuse to defend another high-profile Irish Catholic to avoid risk to his family? Should Godman hide her footballing allegiances in order to protect her family and staff?

And should Paul McBride refuse to defend another high-profile Irish Catholic to avoid risk to his family? Should Godman hide her footballing allegiances in order to protect her family and staff?

What exactly do you want the police to do about it? They can do their best to intercept the packages, and they can offer Lennon and his family 24 hour protection, but apart from that there sadly isn't much they can do.

Archived