dvd player issue

alex1

need some help if poss please. went to pop in a dvd into my player and then the screen just read 'scart not connected',no signal'. now the tv is fine, and when looking at the dvd player itself that appears to be playing and i've got all the scart leads hooked into their relevant place.

any help would be appreciated as i was just about to watch observe and report!

• 1 year later...

Can anyone recommend a dvd recorder that is pretty much able to transfer/record programmes from Sky+ onto dvd.

The amount of stuff I've had to delete when I would've loved a copy of..like the WWE ppv's although I am not sure if Sky has put a copyright 'block' on them like their Sky box office movies..

Can anyone help? My price range is upto

Can't help with the original query, but any DVD recorder should be able to back up stuff from Sky Plus. My Sky box is connected to a DVD recorder with a Scart lead, so all I do if I want to keep anything is press record on the DVDRs AV channel and it records whatever is currently playing on Sky. It won't do anything off Box Office though, I always get a copy protection message.

Can't help with the original query, but any DVD recorder should be able to back up stuff from Sky Plus. My Sky box is connected to a DVD recorder with a Scart lead, so all I do if I want to keep anything is press record on the DVDRs AV channel and it records whatever is currently playing on Sky. It won't do anything off Box Office though, I always get a copy protection message.

Ah okay good cheers, I was just a bit concerned about shelling out only to find out that my recorder won't work with Sky+ etc.

I'm wondering if there are any players out there that are able to record the box office stuff..

need some help if poss please. went to pop in a dvd into my player and then the screen just read 'scart not connected',no signal'. now the tv is fine, and when looking at the dvd player itself that appears to be playing and i've got all the scart leads hooked into their relevant place.

any help would be appreciated as i was just about to watch observe and report!

Sounds like the scart lead is the problem, try relacing the lead 1st and if that doesnt solve it then try threatening it with a hammer!

Archived