2033 replies to this topic

#106 wrestlingmad

wrestlingmad

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

I should be bringing 6-8 people legit this time around to both. There no exams around these events unlike NOAH. Only problem is tickets go on sale soon and I want to nag us all 2nd row!. So I'm hoping we got 3-4 weeks yet! I'm not fussed on what the afternoon show is, good wrestling suits me (Y)

#107 Horrendous1

Horrendous1

Jobber

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

I should be bringing 6-8 people legit this time around to both. There no exams around these events unlike NOAH. Only problem is tickets go on sale soon and I want to nag us all 2nd row!. So I'm hoping we got 3-4 weeks yet!

I'm not fussed on what the afternoon show is, good wrestling suits me (Y)

I might be wrong, but would expect the tickets to go on sale on the 4th of June............

#108 Mark Sloan

Mark Sloan

FWA Forum Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

I should be bringing 6-8 people legit this time around to both. There no exams around these events unlike NOAH. Only problem is tickets go on sale soon and I want to nag us all 2nd row!. So I'm hoping we got 3-4 weeks yet!

I'm not fussed on what the afternoon show is, good wrestling suits me (Y)

It's not a afternoon show
Dragon Gate UK 2013
22/2 : Broxbourne
23/2 : Broxbourne
24/2 : Castleford, West Yorks

#109 WestCoastPop619

WestCoastPop619

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

Interesting... hmmmm.. Fan convention? Q&A?

#110 FishAndChips

FishAndChips

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

Q&A and Meet And Greet i'd say ?

#111 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

Inter-Continental Champion

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

Q&A might prove somewhat difficult with the language barrier...

Posted Image

Provided by the UKFF 'Ugly Sig' Police

#112 Stinky Dad

Stinky Dad

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

Q&A might prove somewhat difficult with the language barrier...

Q & Eh?!?

#113 Dan Williams

Dan Williams

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

Well wXw do Q&A's with japanese guys and the interpreter they use is based at Birmingham University so not too far from nottingham. Well wXw do Q&A's with japanese guys and the interpreter they use is based at Birmingham University so not too far from nottingham.

#114 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

Well wXw do Q&A's with japanese guys and the interpreter they use is based at Birmingham University so not too far from nottingham.

Well wXw do Q&A's with japanese guys and the interpreter they use is based at Birmingham University so not too far from nottingham.

Thanks for clarifying that there champ.

;)

Posted Image

#115 air_raid

air_raid

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,632 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

As ever, I'm in. Fingers crossed my mate that I dragged to St Ives / Broxbourne last time has watched the copy of the first Invasion I bought him, and fancies catching the final instalment of Shingo vs Yokosuka. As an aside, while I'm sure the action will be brilliant in that match, booking-wise a small part of me hopes that the Guerrero/Malenko style cliche of the final match being a draw and "they are inseperable" doesn't come to pass. There is plenty of place for the draw in pro wrestling, especially to promote a rematch for instance, but if this is the last time the pair are going to wrestle each other on our soil for at least a year, it would be sweet to see a winner. I might be in the minority there, I'm sure plenty of people who think a draw would be the perfect end to their series of matches, but on the assumption that all the fans in attendance pick a side as to who they want to win, 50/50 (and what an atmosphere that would create), it'd be nice for half of those assembled to be rewarded for their emotional investment. P.S. YOKO-SUKA! (clap clap clap-clap-clap) YOKO-SUKA!

#116 Mark Sloan

Mark Sloan

FWA Forum Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

As ever, I'm in. Fingers crossed my mate that I dragged to St Ives / Broxbourne last time has watched the copy of the first Invasion I bought him, and fancies catching the final instalment of Shingo vs Yokosuka.

As an aside, while I'm sure the action will be brilliant in that match, booking-wise a small part of me hopes that the Guerrero/Malenko style cliche of the final match being a draw and "they are inseperable" doesn't come to pass. There is plenty of place for the draw in pro wrestling, especially to promote a rematch for instance, but if this is the last time the pair are going to wrestle each other on our soil for at least a year, it would be sweet to see a winner.

I might be in the minority there, I'm sure plenty of people who think a draw would be the perfect end to their series of matches, but on the assumption that all the fans in attendance pick a side as to who they want to win, 50/50 (and what an atmosphere that would create), it'd be nice for half of those assembled to be rewarded for their emotional investment.

P.S. YOKO-SUKA! (clap clap clap-clap-clap) YOKO-SUKA!

You heard it here first, one way or another there will be a winner come 22/10
Dragon Gate UK 2013
22/2 : Broxbourne
23/2 : Broxbourne
24/2 : Castleford, West Yorks

#117 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

No DQ no time limit? :)

Posted Image

#118 air_raid

air_raid

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,632 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Unreal! Didn't expect one's pretentious musings to get a response. Much thanks Mark.

Must admit, the fantasy booker in me that was dreaming up Invasion three in my head in the Travelodge was scribbling down (in addition to "another Brit steps up to try stopping the unstoppage Cyber Kong) "Yokosuka v Shingo, 2/3 falls" but hey, I'm a dork.

#119 cobystag

cobystag

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

And it WILL be Shingo!
Posted Image

#120 extremebc

extremebc

Jobber

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

Not sure if this is too early to bring up, especially seeing as we all seem to be digging into our pockets atm! Got some quotes for a coach to take fans from Broxbourne to Nottingham for those of us planning on going to both shows In order for this to go ahead we need to sell every seat To get the best price our best bet is: 49 people at 14.90 each or if we want to travel in style (well as much as you can on a coach) for an extra 1.60 each we could get the executive coach, again for 49 people, tables and dvd players, and I would have hoped better seats! Having a quick look at train tickets they seem to start at 22, thats with 2 transfers travelling back to London, this coach will pick us up from Broxbourne train station and take us straight to the Nottingham venue, in plenty of time for the afternoon activities Mr Sloan and co have planned. Any questions feel free to post here or PM me
Posted Image

DG:UK 2013 TOUR - Click Poster for all the latest tour news