Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

Unscripted 3 - 1/12/08

This show was supposed to be the 2008 Trios Tournament - resurrected because

Someone's saying Vic Viper won Nigel's title tonight in Ireland on the ROH boards. I don't believe him but just so we know, anyone have the results from IWW's show?EDIT: Nigel will probably just win it back tomorrow if its true. Won't go down in the history books.

Edited by The King is Dead

• Paid Members

I see ROH have booked the "Marks For Japan 2" tour for September. I thought they were supposed to be saving money at the moment? Speaking of money, some Bot on the boards claimed that the PPV's were selling better than expected. If this is the case, then why not release the buyrates?

• Paid Members

any Albright match that goes under ten minutes gets the thumbs up from me.

I'm beginning to think that I'm the only one who likes Brent Albright. He has a strange look about him, but I always find watching him in ROH fun.
He's ok when he sticks to simple big man moves, but apparently he complained to Gabe that he was a more well rounded wrestler than that. Which is laughable if you you've ever watched him work the arm. He isn't helped by the fact he's (at the time of RA) in the worst heel stable ever. As long as he stays away from main events I can live with him being in the mid card.

• Paid Members

I take it that Rising Above review is written in live match order, or something? As a DVD experience, I thought the 2 hour PPV segment was very good, the bonus matches were just there. That review makes it sound disjointed. Oh, and you missed the women's three-way altogether...

• Paid Members

I take it that Rising Above review is written in live match order, or something? As a DVD experience, I thought the 2 hour PPV segment was very good, the bonus matches were just there. That review makes it sound disjointed. Oh, and you missed the women's three-way altogether...

Indeed it was. I'm a historian, therefore a stickler for accuracy. As for the woman's match - I never review the women's matches!

Oh man, AAA to ROH...This has the potential to be so, so ugly you can't imagine...I never got why ROH were so resistant to bringing in Lucha legends to work exhibitions like they do for Japanese guys. Santito and Panther will tear the house down for half an hour for a fraction of the price it costs to ship Muta or Kobashi in, and the massive Latino population of the states will turn out to see them.But yeah, Extreme Tiger, Crazy Boy and Joe Lider in ROH...The comedy potential is limitless.

• Paid Members

Those kids in ROH will be in wheelchairs by the time they're 40.

Damn right! Ah, back in my day kid, we had 'em hanging from the rafters! Never even had to take a bump. No psychology, that's the trouble. Bring back kayfabe! Etc

Damn right! Ah, back in my day kid, we had 'em hanging from the rafters! Never even had to take a bump. No psychology, that's the trouble. Bring back kayfabe! Etc
Yes, nowadays people are ashamed of kayfabe and find it laughable when people try to keep it. Tazz was criticized for believing his character too much, i'm sure I heard a story about Jim Cornette not letting people walk on the same side of the road or something, that's how it should be but the ECW generation has devoured kayfabe.

• Paid Members

Yes, nowadays people are ashamed of kayfabe and find it laughable when people try to keep it. Tazz was criticized for believing his character too much, i'm sure I heard a story about Jim Cornette not letting people walk on the same side of the road or something, that's how it should be but the ECW generation has devoured kayfabe.
Yeah, this has been argued to death, and pretty much every rational person came to the conclusion that it's not the job of the fans to protect kayfabe. This has become an enjoyable, friendly discussion thread, don't turn it into a redunant argument where nobody will change their minds and everyone will repeat the same points over and over.Sorry to mini-mod, I just don't want this thread to be dragged off-topic into irrelevant rhetoric.