Car Boots and Other Bargains

FLips

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Sold some stuff today. Funko’s are crazy popular and most people are happy to pay a tenner for them. Action figures were snapped up the moment the buyers were allowed in. Sold a dozen DVDs but not a single Blu-Ray. Oh, so my copy of Mother! with Jennifer Lawrence isn’t good enough for you people? You don’t know what you’re missing. It’s a family friendly delight. 

I had a Harry Potter book for sale in the 50p for everything section. Some lady was nice enough to inform me that it was a first edition and perhaps worth a little bit more. Gotta love the honesty.

Great stuff, glad it went well for you!

I’ve not made it to a car boot in a few weeks now but did get to CEX with a mate today for some PS2 stuff but that’ll be going in the retro thread at some point.

Sadly the next two weekends we’re busy with babysitting and a wedding.

25 minutes ago, FLips said:

Great stuff, glad it went well for you!

I’ve not made it to a car boot in a few weeks now but did get to CEX with a mate today for some PS2 stuff but that’ll be going in the retro thread at some point.

I love CEX for getting cheap Blu-Rays and even some decently priced 4Ks. Just a shame they don’t give you much if you want to sell them. 1p for a DVD is heartbreaking. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

I love CEX for getting cheap Blu-Rays and even some decently priced 4Ks. Just a shame they don’t give you much if you want to sell them. 1p for a DVD is heartbreaking. 

Yeah it took a lot of effort today to not get the Sopranos boxset for £24 for my TV/DVD combi. I just don’t think I’d watch them as much as I want to believe I would.

£1 DVD section is fab too.

EDIT: Balls to it, just found the Sopranos boxset on Ebay from Music Magpie for £19 free postage. Should be here by Tuesday. Rewatch time!

Edited by FLips