PAID Promotions Wrestling presents Golden Chance Rumble

Victor Is God

1493281_662934947083163_411964157_n.jpg

PAID PROMOTIONS WRESTLING presents GOLDEN CHANCE RUMBLE

Sunday, February 16, The Globe Arena (home of Morecambe FC), Christie Way, Morecambe, Lancashire

Headlined by

'PSYCHOTIC WARRIOR' JOHNNY PHERE vs 'HEAVYWEIGHT HOUSE OF PAIN' STIXX

For the PAID Promotions Wrestling Championship

Chains Match

Title vs Streak

No Disqualifications, No Countouts, Metal Chains are legal, THERE MUST BE A WINNER

Will the Era of Phere, the violent and egomaniacal rampage of The Psychotic Warrior continue or will the greatest undefeated run in British Wrestling today, The Stixx Streak, finally earn Stixx singles heavyweight championship gold in Morecambe?

This match between the self-styled Best in Europe and the man who hasn't lost in Morecambe for SIX YEARS is not to be missed!

PLUS - THE RETURN of ROCKSTAR SPUD

PLUS - The 15 man over the top rope GOLDEN CHANCE RUMBLE

The winner will receive the Golden Chance Trophy which he can trade in for a title shot any time during a 12 month period.

AND - FIRST TIME EVER! Joey Hayes vs Craig Kollins

AND - Four-way ELIMINATION MATCH to determine the official number one contender to the winner of Phere vs Stixx

Zak Northern vs Cyanide vs Barricade vs Ricky J McKenzie

AND - Bubblegum vs Max Angelus

TICKETS ON SALE now from www.paidpromotionswrestling.co.uk

Doors 4pm, bell time 4.30pm.

Car parking available on site. The venue is a short taxi ride from Morecambe train station. Bar and food also available.

The UK wrestling historians might be interested in The Stixx Streak in its entirety.

The last time Stixx lost a match in Morecambe was February 2 2008 when he was pinned by Sam Slam at XWA Goldrush.

In the six years since then, his record is as follows:

12/4/08 - pinned Zak Knight, XWA War on the Shore, Morecambe Dome

5/7/08 - battled Martin Stone (now Danny Burch in NXT) to a no contest, XWA Vendetta, Morecambe Dome

1/11/08 - pinned RJ Singh, XWA Battle of Britain, Lancaster and Morecambe College

7/2/09 - beat RockStar Spud by DQ, XWA Goldrush, Morecambe Dome

4/7/09 - pinned Marty Scurll, XWA Vendetta, Morecambe Dome

12/9/09 - pinned Declan O'Connor, XWA Last Fight at the Prom, Morecambe Dome

30/1/10- pinned Baz Attitude, XWA Goldrush, Morecambe Dome

3/4/10 - pinned Bam Bam Barton, XWA War on the Shore, The Carleton

17/7/10 - pinned RockStar Spud, XWA Vendetta, The Carleton

2/10/10 - pinned Cyanide, XWA Last Fight at the Prom, The Carleton

19/2/11 - eliminated Colossus Kennedy to win the Goldrush rumble, XWA Goldrush, The Carleton

4/6/11 - beat David Deville by DQ in match for the FWA/XWA Titles, XWA War on the Shore, The Carleton

8/10/11 - teamed with Sam Slam and Johnny Phere to defeat Nathan Cruz, Dave Rayne and Colossus Kennedy, XWA Last Fight at the Prom, The Carleton

4/2/12 - eliminated Joey Hayes to win the Goldrush rumble, XWA Goldrush, The Carleton

12/5/12 - battled Johnny Phere to a no contest in match for the XWA Title, XWA War on the Shore, Lancaster and Morecambe College

28/7/12 - pinned Dangerous Damon Leigh, XWA Vendetta, Lancaster and Morecambe College

25/8/13 - pinned Max Angelus, PAID Promotions Battle of the Brits, Globe Arena

25/8/13 - pinned Craig Kollins, PAID Promotions Battle of the Brits, Globe Arena

1/12/13 - teamed with Bubblegum and Jon Aggro to defeat Johnny Phere, Max Angelus and Rossion in a six-man elimination match, PAID Promotions Fightmare Before Christmas, Globe Arena

• 2 weeks later...

Dear wrestling fans

Here is the latest news on the next big wrestling show in Morecambe featuring TNA star ROCKSTAR SPUD.

TV STAR, RUMBLE and BRITISH HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE SHOWDOWN headline massive night of pro wrestling at Morecambe Football Club.

TV wrestling star RockStar Spud headlines a massive night of professional wrestling at the home of Morecambe Football Club.

The star of Challenge TV

The number one contender to the PAID Promotions Championship 'The Heavyweight House of Pain' Stixx has released this statement today:

"To all PAID Promotions and Morecambe wrestling fans.

It gives me great heart ache to have to announce my absence today in my title vs streak match vs Johnny Phere.

This past Thursday, after a long and painful 48 hour labour, my fiancee Laura gave birth to our first child. After all the pain she suffered, they still had to give her a C-section which makes her mobility limited for the next month.

As much as i would love to, and was looking forward to being in Morecambe today to entertain you fans and defeating Johnny Phere, I have to think about the well being of my family and make sure they're ok. At this time, that is my number 1 priority.

Once again, huge apologies to those who were looking forward to seeing me and looking forward to the match. You're in my thoughts, just like i hope i'm in yours.

I will be back."

We at PAID Promotions would like to wish Stixx and his family all the best.

We will do our best to make sure there is still a fantastic main event this evening.

We once again apologise for anyone disappointed.

Rockstar Spud is still on the show as well as other top quality matches.

This will still be a night not to be missed.

Archived