4FW: Kingdom Rising II (10th Anniversary Event) Saturday 24th May

4FWpromoter

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what I remember...

Eddie Ryan won the four way after being double and triple teamed most of the match. Really enjoyable main event considering the only guy I'd ever seen before was Sha, really well worked and told a good story.

Tiger (Benham?) Ali beat Zack Sabre Jr in a good contest that perhaps didn't quite hit fifth gear - maybe a rematch down the line?

Saul Adams beat Chris Masters after shenanigans. Fun match, and Saul Adams and Nadia Sapphire are a fun act (and Nadia is LOVELY). Chris Masters is Chris Masters.

There was a horrible comedy match between Mad Man Manson and somebody called Maddox around here somewhere.

Antonio De Luca beat Juventud Guerrera. Solid enough, but I'm hoping tomorrow's three way with El Ligero and Robbie X at Southside will be a better showcase for Juvi's talents. His slightly mental valet/girlfriend constantly leading the crowd in a chant of "Juice! Juice! Juice!" at ringside was certainly memorable.

Dave Mastiff beat Joel Redman I think? Mastiff' (and Sha Samuels') manager seems decent. Not much to this really. I like Big Dave but Redman didn't impress me at all. Was he good before he got his WWE body?

I think Doug Williams beat RJ Brewer but I'm not sure at all of that one (except I've a feeling none of the imports on the show actually went over, which is fairly appropriate on an anniversary show). Good technical bout, exactly what you'd expect.

And I've not a clue who won the opening six man tag, but it was an excellent way to open a show. Solid stuff from all involved, some cool spots, no major fuck ups, etc. Uhaa Nation is BLOODY impressive in several ways.

All in all it was a pretty damn good show, absolutely packed to the point extra chairs had to be brought out! It's a nice venue, and 4FW have a pretty cool entrance set up (and staff in natty official polo shirts), and I'm very much looking forward to returning in October for the first night of their Pro-Wrestling World Cup/WrestleWAR Tour.

Oh, and here are the handful of half-decent pics I managed to get from ringside (that HYOOGE light above the ring was the bane of my evening, haha)... https://www.flickr.com/photos/frstnmnknwn/s...157644914431885

Here's what I remember...

There was a horrible comedy match between Mad Man Manson and somebody called Maddox around here somewhere.

And I've not a clue who won the opening six man tag, but it was an excellent way to open a show. Solid stuff from all involved, some cool spots, no major fuck ups, etc. Uhaa Nation is BLOODY impressive in several ways.

Maddox is Matt Lomaxx. I wouldn't go as far as saying it was horrible, but the comedy was definitely hit and miss.

Saime Sahin, Uhaa Nation, and Owen Phoenix beat Volkan Azlan, Jason Larusso, and El Ligero in the opener. Saime got the pinfall with a moonsault on Larusso. Handshakes all round afterwards, apart from Larusso who left instead of shaking with Saime.

Redman v Mastiff was pretty bad, otherwise it was a very good show.

And judging by Twitter/Facebook it looks like there was some big news from the Thatcham show last night. Anyone got full results or details from this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=707374669319930

Archived