RevPro Presents: SUMMER SIZZLER 2013, Sunday August 18th

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta echo those comments. I definitely want Takahashi due to not being able to grab him at York Hall as he'd walked out well before we got round to his former table.

I'm personally hoping the card to take shape as:

RPW Heavyweight Title

Colt Cabana vs Rampage Brown

Carlito vs Sha Samuels

#1 Contenders for the Tag Team Title's

Project Ego vs The LDR's - C'mon after that December match the rematch has to happen and this could be the straw that breaks the camels back between Marty and Zack judging from where things are going.

Noam Dar vs Hiromu Takahashi - To make up from October

RPW Tag Team Title's

Swords Of Essex vs London Riots

Don't know who to put Jay Lethal against with the card that I want :x Dave Mastiff?

Gotta echo those comments. I definitely want Takahashi due to not being able to grab him at York Hall as he'd walked out well before we got round to his former table.

I'm personally hoping the card to take shape as:

RPW Heavyweight Title

Colt Cabana vs Rampage Brown

Carlito vs Sha Samuels

#1 Contenders for the Tag Team Title's

Project Ego vs The LDR's - C'mon after that December match the rematch has to happen and this could be the straw that breaks the camels back between Marty and Zack judging from where things are going.

Noam Dar vs Hiromu Takahashi - To make up from October

RPW Tag Team Title's

Swords Of Essex vs London Riots

Don't know who to put Jay Lethal against with the card that I want :x Dave Mastiff?

Surely they won't do the title match before the tag match at the next York Hall show? It would completely kill the tag that I would imagine is building towards the eventual title match.

Other than that, its a very good card, agree with the other 3 matches and all of them would be cracking.

Oops completely missed out Haskins and Ligero! Would definitely be down with Haskins/Lethal. In fact I'm hoping the reason Devitt/Ricochet hasn't been announced for the Cruiserweight belt is because Devitt might be in England in August....

But speaking of in the UK in August, Colt's at the Fringe festival the week after this show so that's why I'm assuming he's on it.

Oops completely missed out Haskins and Ligero! Would definitely be down with Haskins/Lethal. In fact I'm hoping the reason Devitt/Ricochet hasn't been announced for the Cruiserweight belt is because Devitt might be in England in August....

But speaking of in the UK in August, Colt's at the Fringe festival the week after this show so that's why I'm assuming he's on it.

It has been announced as being for the belt.

I am interested to see where they go with Haskins & Ligero and their whole angle from here though.

• 2 weeks later...
Summersizzler2.jpg

TICKETS ON SALE NOW: www.revolutionprowrestling.com

The next contest signed for Sunday August 18th’s Summer Sizzler, live from the Wyvern Hall, Sittingbourne is a 1st time heavyweight meeting between two of the countries best as ‘The Pukka One’ Darren Burridge will go one on one with Rampage Brown in a battle of the heavy hitters.

Burridge is a man who has carved a reputation for himself second to none a multi time champion in various promotions around the country and a man who wants to once more gain the attention of the wrestling world, and what better way to start than to try and take out a man who has never been pinned or submitted in the Revolution Pro Wrestling ring, Rampage Brown!

Brown has been on an absolute (no pun intended) ‘Rampage’ since joining the RevPro roster, coming in with a reputation second to none, he has certainly living up to his billing, holding victories over the likes of Dean Allmark, Dave Mastiff and Davey Boy Smith Jr, Brown has not been just hanging with the best, he’s been beating them and some would argue he is a stones throw away from earning himself a shot at the Undipsuted British Heavyweight Championship, which coincidentally is kind of how this bout has come about for this all started at When Thunder Strikes after Brown and his ‘advisor’ Andy Boy Simmonz attacked Burridge’s good friend and Undisputed British Heavyweight Champion, Colt Cabana. Burridge who was present at ringside to support his former tag team partner could not sit idly by and came to his rescue before challenging the pair to a tag team match at October’s Uprising.

Whilst paper work for that contest was being draw up matchmakers approached the idea of a singles contest between Brown & Burridge at The Summer Sizzler and both men agreed without a second’s hesitation.

Not only is this a huge opportunity for both men to gain an advantage ahead of Uprising, but it’s also an opportunity for both men to make statements. For Burridge victory here would solidify his status as one of UK’s best and without a doubt be the start of a run for championship gold, whereas for Rampage a victory here could be all he needs to convince matchmakers that he is ready for a championship opportunity.

This is certainly an intriguing bout and one that you don’t want to miss!

Therefore the current card for Revolution Pro Wrestling: Summer Sizzler 2013 looks as follows:

International Challenge Match

- Sha Samuels vs Carlito

Heavyweight Challenge Match

- Darren Burridge vs Rampage Brown

Plus: Jay Lethal & Hiromu Takahashi & much, much more!

-- Revolution Pro presents SUMMER SIZZLER 2013, Sunday August 18th 2013 at the Swallows Leisure Centre, Sittingbourne, Kent, England. Doors 5:00pm, show starts 5.30pm Tickets

With a few matches like Riots vs Swords and Ligs vs Haskins likely to be held off until the big Tanahashi show it's a bit trickier to pick the card.

I'm 100% in agreeement with Coby about LDRS vs Ego rematch needing to happen, I hope it's this show but if that isn't the case, my ideal line up would be

Zack vs MK 3 - for obvious reasons!

Marty vs Lethal - think they would compliment each other very well

Ego vs Riots - after Riots challenging the swords it would make sense for them to prove their worth the shot by taking on former champs.

Takahashi vs Dar - would also be nice to finally happen.

If Colts here I'd like to see him go against Mastiff, for no other reason than Mastiff is a killing machine and is long over due another title shot. I'd be delighted if he took it off Colt.

Robbie X, Allmark, Andrews all impressed on recent shows and would be made up to see any combination of those guys with Ligs or Haskins and Swords maybe vs Hunters.

On a side note I'd love to see the Hooligans back at some point too, they were awesome!

Colt's doing a stand up show in Scotland the entire month of August, including the day of this show. So no Colt.

Honestly the two matches so far have had me tepid so far. They make sense as I'm not sold on Carlito as a wrestler but cannot deny he will be a draw and Sha deserves a big time match after recently losing the belt. This will be Burridge's Sittingbourne and RevPro debut after last being in IPW:UK almost six years ago after never being much of a regular before hand. I don't know if it was my limited exposure to BritWres but back in the 1PW days I bought into the hype and thought he would be a big star in British wrestling circles if not beyond. But after multiple injuries, he's nowhere near the same level he once was. A lot of people have passed him by to stand as the best in England, Rampage Brown included.

While both matches don't have me chomping at the bit, RevPro really are making strides to bulk up their heavyweight division. It's strange as if I didn't already have my ticket due to buying early for the October pre-sale, this card wouldn't have me sold at all. But then you still have Lethal, Takahashi, Zack, Marty, Dar, Ego, Mastiff, Haskins, Ligero, Swords, et al all to announce in matches so I'm hoping those are the matches to really get me going.

I'm the same as Coby, the 2 matches announced haven't really grabbed me but knowing how strong the Rev Pro roster is and how many potential good matches there could be I'm really hoping that the card starts to take shape when the likes of Zack, Marty, MK, Ego, Mastiff, etc get added.

Personally I'm not really not fussed on Carlito but hopefully he will draw in some new fans. I hope Sha gets back to his monster days now rather than the cowardly cheating champion and a big win over a former WWE star would be a good reboot for his character.

I haven't seen Burridge in years so I can't really comment on what he's like these days but hopefully he will be back to his best and Rampage has been impressive lately so hopefully Burridge will prove he is worth his place on the show.

If Colts not there it's not a huge loss, we've seen him a lot lately and personally I'd prefer to see some of the other guys listed in this thread anyway. Mastiff has pretty much fought his way through all the heavyweights in Rev Pro so I'd be more than happy for him to take on some of the smaller guys, there are some great talents on the roster who would give him a great match.

I'm the same as Coby, the 2 matches announced haven't really grabbed me but knowing how strong the Rev Pro roster is and how many potential good matches there could be I'm really hoping that the card starts to take shape when the likes of Zack, Marty, MK, Ego, Mastiff, etc get added.

Personally I'm not really not fussed on Carlito but hopefully he will draw in some new fans. I hope Sha gets back to his monster days now rather than the cowardly cheating champion and a big win over a former WWE star would be a good reboot for his character.

I haven't seen Burridge in years so I can't really comment on what he's like these days but hopefully he will be back to his best and Rampage has been impressive lately so hopefully Burridge will prove he is worth his place on the show.

If Colts not there it's not a huge loss, we've seen him a lot lately and personally I'd prefer to see some of the other guys listed in this thread anyway. Mastiff has pretty much fought his way through all the heavyweights in Rev Pro so I'd be more than happy for him to take on some of the smaller guys. Mastiff is good enough to keep up with anyone so there are some great talents on the roster who would give him a great match and give him a new dynamic to work with.

Archived