RevPro Presents: SUMMER SIZZLER 2013, Sunday August 18th

Andy

SS5.jpg

TICKETS ON SALE NOW: www.revolutionprowrestling.com

He has been campaigning for weeks on end for a title match and Revolution Pro officials will give him what he wanted. However instead of granting ‘The Star Attraction’ Mark Haskins a shot at Cruiserweight Gold, matchmakers have opted to give him the chance to compete for the Undisputed British Tag Team Championships. Alongside his ‘Ligero,’ Haskins will compete against brand new tag team champions Paul Robinson & Will Ospreay, The Swords of Essex.

This contest has been made after officials promised that the winner of the Mark Haskins & El Ligero match at When Thunder Strikes would receive a championship match. Haskins was the victor at York Hall. However due to the nature of his victory (and truth be known every other victory he has gained over recent months) officials opted to keep their end of the deal, but rather than allow Haskins to continue his games and prevent any shenanigans that would likely occur in a singles match make him throw all his cards on the table and for the first time have him stand alongside his masked associate to compete for the Undisputed British Tag Team Championships.

For The Swords of Essex this is a huge first championship defence. Against a former tag team champion Mark Haskins, they face an experienced young veteran with a proven track record of getting the job done in high profile situations. But perhaps more daunting prospect of all is the man who stands alongside him whom they know little to nothing about apart from the fact that he is an imposter. What lies beneath the mask and the level of this mans abilities is anyones guess, however to have been seemingly hand picked by Haskins would suggest that this guy is the real deal.

For Will Ospreay there is also measure of revenge to be had as it was the imposter Ligero that cost him his match with Mark Haskins at High Stakes and now with his tag team partner by his side and the Undisputed British Tag Team Championships on the line, the odds will be even but the stakes all the more higher.

For Haskins his whole existence over the past 12 months has been about once more being called a champion. This is his opportunity and you can expect him to make the most out of it.

Three of the most exciting performers in the whole of Europe plus an unknown quantity, this match up is an intriguing looking contest to say the least!

Therefore the current card for Revolution Pro Wrestling: Summer Sizzler 2013 looks as follows:

2 Out of 3 Falls - 1st fall: Pinfalls, 2nd Fall: Submissions, 3rd Fall (If Needed): Knockout

- Zack Sabre Jr vs MK McKinnan

International Challenge Match

- Sha Samuels vs Carlito

Undisputed British Tag Team Championship Match

- Swords of Essex (Will Ospreay & Paul Robinson)

Last week we took a look back at McKinnan vs Sabre 1 now here's some highlights from McKinnan vs Sabre 2 as the pair will complete the trilogy on Sunday August 18th with a 2 out of 3 falls match not to be missed!

See Highlights From Sabre vs McKinnan II:

Therefore the current card for Revolution Pro Wrestling: Summer Sizzler 2013 looks as follows:

2 Out of 3 Falls - 1st fall: Pinfalls, 2nd Fall: Submissions, 3rd Fall (If Needed): Knockout

- Zack Sabre Jr vs MK McKinnan

International Challenge Match

- Sha Samuels vs Carlito

Undisputed British Tag Team Championship Match

- Swords of Essex (Will Ospreay & Paul Robinson)

• 2 weeks later...
TONIGHT! Tickets available on the door or online for collection from www.revolutionprowrestling.com

ss3.jpg

sizzler1.jpg

SS5.jpg

SS4.jpg

ss8.jpg

ss7.jpg

Quick review:

The Riots and Ego opened the show with a great tag team match, Ego are undoubtedly one of the best tag team around and Riots continue to impress.

I was shocked to see Marty vs Lethal so early on the card but it still turned out to be best match on the night. Lethal is an incredible worker, I knew he was very good but seeing him on this UK tour has made me realise he is even better than I had initially thought. You can always rely on Marty for a good match and he again produced, this was certainly his best matches since he completely changed his persona. It was a lot more hard hitting than you would've expected, although both guys are not widely thought of as strikers they certainly have vicious chops and showed so much intensity, it was a real war. Although it wasn't quite a clean finish, with Marty using a knuckleduster, they already had a great match that could've happily ended there clean, but the cheating allowed Lethal to stay strong and for Marty to cement his new heel personality. It was done really well to the point that it didn't feel like it spoiled the match, like so many non clean finishes can. After the match Marty cut a really good promo shedding some light on the reasons for his characters transformation and challenged Tanahashi for the York Hall show, which should be really interesting.

Carlito wasn't someone I was particularly interested in seeing, but I think he had a solid match with Sha and the fans responded well to Carlito. Sha's character work is amongst the best in the UK, I was disappointed Sha didn't get the win as I think Sha needs to regain some momentum after he spent so much time as a cowardly champion surrounding himself with henchmen. It would be good to see Sha start to dominate again and become a real monster heel.

The tag team match between the Swords and Haskins and fake Ligero was going really well until the London Riots did a run in, particularly the guy playing fake Ligero was very impressive. We'd had a good match and much like Marty and Lethal if the match ended clean rather than the Riots breaking up the 3 count you couldn't complain, so it didn't really spoil the match. But I still I wasn't a big fan of the end as it didn't really make too much sense, with Ego running in to help the guys who just took their belts and Haskins and fake Ligero ending up aligned with the tag team who potential just cost them their shot. I think it would be better if it would have set up a 4 way tag match at York Hall rather than an 8 man tag as each team has a score to settle with their partners as well as their opponents. It was also confirmed real Ligero would take on his imitator at the next Sittingbourne show, which should be interesting. But unfortunately that is the same day as Southside's Anniversary where it will be the conclusion to Ligero (presumably working double duty) and Kirbys feud in a cage plus Davey Richards vs Tommy End. It's such as shame the Saturday is totally free and would happy do both but due to the clash I can't miss the cage match after how long that feud has built. That will be the first Sittingbourne show I will have missed since I started going a few years back so I'm really gutted.

To be honest I'm not really that sold on Magnus, he looks the part and is getting a decent push in TNA but his in ring work isn't something I enjoy. He got a great reaction and the larger crowd was probably something to do with him being on the show, so fair play to him and Rev Pro as I understand he is booked to appeal to a different audience but his match didn't do anything for me. But Simmonz deserves credit as he always get's great heat from the crowd.

Zack vs MK was good but I'm not sure if it topped some of their previous outings, I think that had a lot to do with the crowd who seemed relatively into the action all night but went a bit quiet during the main event (and a couple of people used that opportunity to try and get themselves over by shouting stupid stuff also didn't help). The action was good and MK and Zack put on a good mix of hard strikers and technical wrestling, but sometimes I thought they weren't get the response they deserved for their efforts. The crowd really seemed to get into it and the atmosphere really heated up on the final fall and in particular the ending sequence which was fantastic. They got a deserved standing ovation it was a great match but it would have been even better if the crowd / atmosphere would have been with them from the start. Zack (along with Marty) is the main man in Sittingbourne but MK has certainly proved he can compete at his level.

Another good show from Rev Pro as we've come to expect, Lethal and Marty stole the show for me and it did a good job setting up a few things for York Hall.

Archived