House Of Pain : Evolution - "Evolution 1 - A New HOPE"

TheHarveyDale

This card looks quality.Kris Travis vs Mark Haskins vs Marty ScurllDave Mastiff vs T-BoneMark Andrews vs Zack GibsonJoseph Conners vs CJ BanksRobbie X vs Wild Boar vs Alex Gracie vs Ryan SmileMax Angelus vs El LigeroBattle Squad Awesome vs Project Ego

This card looks quality.Kris Travis vs Mark Haskins vs Marty ScurllDave Mastiff vs T-BoneMark Andrews vs Zack GibsonJoseph Conners vs CJ BanksRobbie X vs Wild Boar vs Alex Gracie vs Ryan SmileMax Angelus vs El LigeroBattle Squad Awesome vs Project Ego

Trav doing double duty? Seems a bit pointless with the size of the roster they've announced. Then again Kris is one of my favorites on the UK scene right now so 2 matches isn't a bad thing. Zack Gibson vs Mark Andrews could be pretty tasty too.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the triple threat was the match I was really looking forward too the most out of the entire card and there's a reason why it was the first announced match for this show. You had three of the best junior heavyweights in England right now and while with the four-way you could have the fast paced cruiser weight match filled with big move after big move, with the triple threat you'd get a different style of junior heavyweight wrestling as while Haskins, Scurll & Trav can all fly and do the big moves, the match would have more of a main event feel in comparison to the earlier four-way.

I think Doug is an added dynamic that the match ultimately didn't need. I know Doug has worked in triple thread matches in the X Division and that his style has added something different to the contest, but Scurll, Travis and Haskins were all individually different enough to make that triple threat work as Travis isn't exactly someone you'd think of a cruiser weight but he's just so naturally athletically gifted he can accomplish anything he puts his mind too.

I was going to suggest adding Doug to Mastiff/T-Bone. Mastiff/T-Bone has been done to death so adding Doug to that match and making it a triple threat also makes it stand out from Haskins/Scurll/Travis and while Doug has faced both in singles, it's only happened on a handful of ocassions and a triple threat between the three has never been done.

BUT

Then I saw how banged up Max Angelus was last night and really do think for the guys health and career he should take a break from shows for a while. So what if you replaced Max in that match with Doug?

Doug Williams vs El Ligero

Three time winner of the UKFF 50 on back to back years until he was then removed from the voting process due to no longer being considered a UK based wrestler. Against the winner of the last two years UKFF 50. I have never seen this match take place. I don't believe it's taken place for at least the past six years as a google search only shows that it happend in 2007 for TXW's very first show.

The man who was considered the best in England when he was based here full time taking on the match who is now considered the best in England.

In six years Ligero has gotten so much better and Doug is now a much bigger star.

C'mon..... Tell me you don't wanna see it instead of Doug in the four-way.

Results

1. Joseph Conners over 'The Juice' CJ Banks

2. Battle Squad Awesome (Diamond Dave Andrews & Danny Chase) over Project Ego (Kris Travis & Martin Kirby)

3. Alex Gracie over Ryan Smile, Wild Boar & Robbie X

4. El Ligero over Max Angelus

5. Zack 'Diamond' Gibson over 'Dynamite' Pete Dunne

*It was announced Marty Scurll was not there to take part in the main event, his replacement was Chris Andrews*

6. T-Bone over Dave Mastiff (Following the match, Bone was attacked by Barricade)

7. Mark Haskins won the 4 way elimination main event last eliminating Chris Andrews, before that, Kris Travis & Doug Williams eliminated each other.

Overall a great sounding card, there are matches already signed for the second show in Coventry on August 10th including 'The Death Match Worker' Clint Margera vs Jack Jester in a 'No Ring Canvas, Bare Boards' match.

Get your tickets from http://houseofpainevolutionwrestling.com

Thanks to Laura Mary Coyne (@lauramarycoyne) on twitter for providing the results.

Follow The Indy Corner on twitter @TheIndyCorner and LIKE us on facebook please.

http://wp.me/p3gtQE-3J

Archived