CWA - 'Origins' 25th August, Maidstone, Kent

grinningdemon

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He learnt to take bumps on the previous page, but here's the pencils of Marmot, encouraged by Jimmy Havoc, learning to dish it back out (against Darrell Allen, RJ Singh and Danny Garnell)

We also see him unwinding with Darrell, getting grief from Devilman and sharing a beer with the Hammerlock guys (Garnell, Sabre jnr and Havoc)

Just the pencils

marmot4small.jpg

and the coloured version

Marmotpage4colorsmall.jpg

I've noticed that both Zack and Jimmy are booked for Triple X tomorrow as well-with only three hours between bell times and factoring in the fact they will have to wrestle on the first card before leaving for the second, they'll have to get a bit of a jog on!

It is with great regret that I have to announce the cancellation of the inaugural Comic Wrestling Alliance event, 'Origins'

Due to complications with regards to licensing issues at the venue we were left in a position where we could now longer go ahead with the event.

Apologies go out to all those that have supported the event, it appears that we would have sold out the event, but now I will be reimbursing those who paid by paypal and for those who have paid in cash I will be at the venue to refund and provide the kids with a little something in compensation

It is with great regret that I have to announce the cancellation of the inaugural Comic Wrestling Alliance event, 'Origins'

Due to complications with regards to licensing issues at the venue we were left in a position where we could now longer go ahead with the event.

Apologies go out to all those that have supported the event, it appears that we would have sold out the event, but now I will be reimbursing those who paid by paypal and for those who have paid in cash I will be at the venue to refund and provide the kids with a little something in compensation

how on earth it is the day before the venue does not have a licence - was this not checked before hand ?

The mistake was mine. I had a temporary license in place for the original date, however stupidly presumed that with the enforced date change due to the clash with the Ldn show I'd be covered. Stupidly that isn't the case and when the call was made from 'my wrestlers agent' to the council this morning we were left without the necessary 5 days to get a temp license in place. Totally a case of booking naivity.

I'm not going to name names or even speculate because what is done is done. I'm just sorry that I've let so many people down, wrestlers, refs and more importantly the folks who had spent money on coming to see our debut show. Not looking forward to standing at the venue tomorrow to let down the kids coming, but I've stocked up with 'wrestling relted apology goodies', but what must be must be.

The support has been terrific, especially as it looked like we were going to sell out. Lots of refunds to give tomorrow. Hope we can pull ourselves up and start again next year. We're certainly going to look for assistance from the more experienced local promoters next time, all of whom have offered their help with future events, so as to prevent this sort of incident from happening again.

This is a case of wrestling fan boy screws up, but I had the interests of British Wrestling as a whole at heart. I love the feds that I attend the shows of and wanted to take the best elements of what they do, mix it with a little Chikara and add in what I do know, which is comics. A lot of the guys that we'd booked have encouraged me to run with it next year, whereas I probably would have thrown in the towel, but lets just see what next year brings.

Should make for a few interesting pages in the Marmot comic if nothing else

Archived