UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League

TUFCfan

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marseille 5 Malaga 1

Marseille scorers Remy x 4, Gignac

Malaga scorers Santi Cazorla

You were unlucky not to take the lead early on mate and I had a lot more defending to do than the scoreline suggests.

Marseille 5 - 1 Malaga

Marseille kept their impressive 100% record going against a plucky Malaga side. The Spaniards had the first chance of the game from a corner when a header was well saved. The ball was cleared but was played back into the box and Mandanda made a great stop from Baptista's effort. It was mostly Marseille who had the best of the rest of the first half. Not long after Mandanda's double stop, Loic Remy took advantage of two defenders failing to clear a lofted ball through as he ran on and scored whilst one-on-one with the 'keeper. After their early chances Malaga were finding the Marseille defence hard to break down and the French side had a couple decent chances later in the half when Caballero saved a one-on-one chance and also made a fine save when he tipped the ball over the bar from a looping header from a free kick. Malaga defended well for most of the half though and made a couple of important last ditch blocks and tackles.

Marseille made it two in the 55th minute when a Malaga defender won the ball but stumbled a bit allowing Andre-Pierre Gignac to win the ball from him and score when through on goal. Malaga tried to press for a way back into the game but Marseille hit them on the counter when Remy used his speed to break away from the Malaga defence to put Marseille three goals up. Malaga kept plugging away and did score a deserved consolation goal for their hard work in the 70th minute when Santi Cazorla turned neatly outside the box, lost his defender and blasted the ball past Mandanda. Any thoughts of a comeback were quickly dismissed when Remy completed his hat-trick after some comical defending which saw two computer controlled defenders run away from the ball in the build up (presumably trying to play offside or something) allowing the ball to be crossed for the now unmarked Remy to put the ball into an open net. Malaga had a couple decent chances for another consolation goal, including a Baptista header that went inches over the bar. Remy made it five for Marseille in the 86th minute when he headed in a corner. Overall although the scoreline flattered them a bit, Marseille thoroughly deserved the win with an excellent team peformance. I can see why they are unbeaten so far as front to back they are hard to break down and their speed and strength make them deadly on the counter. Out of the teams I've played so far I'd say they're favourites for the title.

Marseille goals: Remy (13', 61', 75', 86'), Gignac (55')

Malaga goal: Santi Cazorla (70')

Roma 1 Pjanic Marseille 5 Remy x 2, Gignac x 2, Lucho Gonzales

Marseille continued their recent fine form with a ruthless display against Roma. Marseille started off the brighter getting into a 3-0 lead within 30 minutes after Gignac bagged a brace and the exciting Remy scoring the other. Roma however gave Marseille their toughest test of the season attacking at will and kept the Marseille keeper Mandanda busy fashioning chances and scoring a goal just before half time albeit in fortunate circumstances to reduce the deficit. Marseille stamped their authority on the game extending the lead early in the 2nd half thanks to Remy. Roma continued testing Mandanda and although there were no chances missed that should have been dispatched, with a bit more luck they might have got a few more goals. Lucho Gonzales finished off in style for the final goal.

The scoreline doesn't really reflect your performance and you gave me the toughest game of the season so far. Good game.

I noticed on the reminders list it says that I need to play Roma but this is the report for the game that we played last week. I think the table needs to be updated as well to reflect this!!! Cheers.

Archived