All Star Wrestling/Children In Need '91

Maffew

I think you are correct, although i'm sure he did the same for later shows that were ultimately Scott Conway shows.

That's right, Eli ran the venue for years, bringing in 'Paid shows' by various promotors.

• Paid Members
I think you may be confusing reality with what has gone on in in the likes of Moj's head on here in the past. As far as I am aware Eli is still regularly all over the local press in the West Country doing charity work, which im sure wouldnt be happening if anything dodgy had previously been exposed.

I wouldn't say it was just Moj's head, it's basically the reputation he's had for years. I agree with you though, he certainly doesn't appear to have been exposed as any such thing and seems to be continuing with his charity work quite nicely. However, back when I was an 18 year old referee someone did think it would be funny to give him my address and phone number. I'm not really sure why he rang me, although my Dad thought he seemed really nice, but for fucking ages we had the backdoor key hanging on a keyring containing a photo of Mad Eli in his union jack boxershorts that he had decided to send me for some reason :(

I wouldn't say it was just Moj's head, it's basically the reputation he's had for years. I agree with you though, he certainly doesn't appear to have been exposed as any such thing and seems to be continuing with his charity work quite nicely. However, back when I was an 18 year old referee someone did think it would be funny to give him my address and phone number. I'm not really sure why he rang me, although my Dad thought he seemed really nice, but for fucking ages we had the backdoor key hanging on a keyring containing a photo of Mad Eli in his union jack boxershorts that he had decided to send me for some reason :(

I laughed at that - then went "ooh" - then almost cried.

God only knows how you felt about the whole situation!!

• Paid Members
I laughed at that - then went "ooh" - then almost cried.

God only knows how you felt about the whole situation!!

Some people were called cunts! We do laugh about it though.

Everything's been uploaded now.

So would a better name for this event be 'MEGA Children In Need '91'?

William Regal tweeted the Danny Boy match. Get in.

Yep, Mad Eli's Grappling Association. What a name!!??!!

Looking forward to watching this again, thanks for uploading.

Archived