TEFL

Magnum

After a bit of advice here. With job prospects in the HE and FE sector looking decidedly shit for the immediate future, I've been considering teaching abroad as a potential temporary career path. I've come across an offer from a company called TEFL Express today offering an online course (apparently leading to a recognised professional qualification) which normally retails at

• Paid Members

Right, i have heard with TEFL, you need to be careful, as i looked in to it a while ago. Apparently it depends on the governing body (who's holding the course) as to whether its good or not. I honestly don't know the details of this point i am 'trying' to make, but it was briefly passed on to me by a friend who has completed it. Basically make sure the organisation offering the course have got good feedback etc, apparently easy enough to find out on the web.

In fact 2 friends. One of which now teaches in Japan, the other one completed the course in Prague and now teaches english as a money booster on top of his full time care job in London.

I'll ask for more details mate and see what they say if you wish?

I'll ask for more details mate and see what they say if you wish?

Aye cheers, would appreciate that. Mainly places like Eastern Europe, Spain or Germany I'm hoping to be able to work in.

Apparently the courses from this company are accredited by the University of Cambridge ESOL and Trinity College London, which sounds fairly reputable, but I'm looking into it further as I type.

Archived