Passport problems and about to go on holiday.

Van Dammer

OK, booked a last minute holiday last week to travel in just under 2 weeks now, however, one of the idiots im travelling with did not tell me that their passport hadnt been sent back since theyd sent it off for renewal and they still havnt received it back, what can we do?

Ive heard about a premium one day service to receive a passport instantly in person at the passport office but as theyve sent off their passport already I dont know if we can do this. Also, will they even post it back to us so we can do this?

Anyone been in a similarly moronic situation? Im absolutely furious with the person but they feel stupid enough without me telling them.

• Paid Members
OK, booked a last minute holiday last week to travel in just under 2 weeks now, however, one of the idiots im travelling with did not tell me that their passport hadnt been sent back since theyd sent it off for renewal and they still havnt received it back, what can we do?

Ive heard about a premium one day service to receive a passport instantly in person at the passport office but as theyve sent off their passport already I dont know if we can do this. Also, will they even post it back to us so we can do this?

Anyone been in a similarly moronic situation? Im absolutely furious with the person but they feel stupid enough without me telling them.

I'm pretty sure like you said you need the passport to make this work or it needs to be your 1st passport. I sent my passport off as I only had 4 months left on it. I got it back in under 2 weeks so fingers crossed is the best hope you have I think.

I'm pretty sure like you said you need the passport to make this work or it needs to be your 1st passport. I sent my passport off as I only had 4 months left on it. I got it back in under 2 weeks so fingers crossed is the best hope you have I think.

She sent if off over 2 weeks ago but they said on the phone they didnt open it until the 23rd June adn nothings been actioned on it yet so chances are looking slim.

It is an emergency service they offer so i think it is for anyone but as you say I expect its not the same building shes sent her passport to so wont be able to do it.

• Paid Members

I had the same problem with a mate when we went to UFC in London, it was up to me to arrange all the travel hotel and stuff, It was best for us to fly down I phoned everyone to make sure they had passports, as this airline listed they don't accept anything but passports (some internal flights allowed driving license's as ID's). Only 1 of our group did not have a passport and he was due to go to France at the end of the year, so I said just get it now so we can fly and then he has it for France ready this was about 6 months before we was due to fly. 3 weeks before the event he tried to get his 1st passport and had no chance, 5 of us went down on the plane he ended up giving me the cash for the flight while having to get a train down as well. Just because of being lazy. Oh his train never got there until after the expo which he had to give me the money for that as well,he got so drunk he fell asleep once we got to the 02 and missed the whole show as well. Fuck know how much money he wasted on that weekend.

• Paid Members

Try to call, that's the best advice I can give - I doubt that they give out direct numbers, but every time the immigration folks hung out to our passports during my wife's applications for UK residency visas, a call got it turned around much quicker, just needed about half an hour of research.

Archived