Tech Support Time.

diamond_dust

We've just opened a shop and have a small computer in there for keeping documents on but since it's not quite taken off yet I was going to put an old version of championship manager on there to kill time (as it's an old computer & I don't want to fill the hard drive anyway). I tried to install it but it needed XP service pack 3. As theres no internet in the shop for another week I went home, downloaded them, burnt them to disc, installed them, checked the system info it says service pack 3, went to install the game and get the following message "please ensure you have service pack 3 installed."

Anyone have any suggestions?

As theres no internet in the shop for another week I went home, downloaded them, burnt them to disc, installed them, checked the system info it says service pack 3, went to install the game and get the following message "please ensure you have service pack 3 installed."

Did you reboot straight after the service pack 3 update?

wipe xp and install windows 7 :)

Old PC probably wouldnt take it + the fact we've just spend a few K opening up a shop don't really want to piss money away on Windows 7.

Wait... Windows isn't free!? I don't think i've ever paid for a copy :p

though on the old computer note that's probably an issue.

As theres no internet in the shop for another week I went home, downloaded them, burnt them to disc, installed them, checked the system info it says service pack 3, went to install the game and get the following message "please ensure you have service pack 3 installed."

Did you reboot straight after the service pack 3 update?

Yes & after uninstalling & reinstalling.

Archived