The UK Scene from a person who has been away for a while

DarloKid

Hi all,

Am new to the forums, have recently started getting back into watching the wrestling after about 6 years away from it (apart from watching the odd WWE show now and again).

Round about the 2004 - 2005 peroid was when i stopped i tried to keep update with the UK wrestling, watching as much as i could either through youtube or TWC (being young back then and having no money i didnt buy any dvds). I think back then FWA was the top dog and a new upstart promotion when IPW:UK was starting.

Fastward to 2011 and now from what i can gather is FWA went away and is now back but a different company and IPW:UK is top dog promotion in the UK.

Mark Sloan is a god among fans, putting on great supershows and breaking great international talent to these shores (however from the humble personality mark seems to have through these forums he would deny this.)

However to the main point on this disccusion am looking to buy some dvds from the UK scene can you guys reccomend which are the best to get? (am gonna try pick up the ipw:uk sittingbourne events they seem awesome).

Also one finally thing am gonna start buying the supershows (universal uproar and king of europe cup are impossible to find) starting from Noah Navigation 08 nights 1 and 2 (

• Paid Members
Hi all,

Am new to the forums, have recently started getting back into watching the wrestling after about 6 years away from it (apart from watching the odd WWE show now and again).

Round about the 2004 - 2005 peroid was when i stopped i tried to keep update with the UK wrestling, watching as much as i could either through youtube or TWC (being young back then and having no money i didnt buy any dvds). I think back then FWA was the top dog and a new upstart promotion when IPW:UK was starting.

Fastward to 2011 and now from what i can gather is FWA went away and is now back but a different company and IPW:UK is top dog promotion in the UK.

Mark Sloan is a god among fans, putting on great supershows and breaking great international talent to these shores (however from the humble personality mark seems to have through these forums he would deny this.)

However to the main point on this disccusion am looking to buy some dvds from the UK scene can you guys reccomend which are the best to get? (am gonna try pick up the ipw:uk sittingbourne events they seem awesome).

Also one finally thing am gonna start buying the supershows (universal uproar and king of europe cup are impossible to find) starting from Noah Navigation 08 nights 1 and 2 (

IPW:UK do seem to be very much ahead of the rest. Never seen them live but have seen three of their recent shows and have been amazed at some of what I've watched.

Insane Championship Wrestling have their own YouTube channel right there in that link with basically full shows. Some good stuff on there. Personally think they're the best promotion up here at the moment, especially live.

cheers ill give ICW a look, still got a bit of birthday money left over so am gonna go purchase them two NOAH 08 shows

IPW:UK do seem to be very much ahead of the rest. Never seen them live but have seen three of their recent shows and have been amazed at some of what I've watched.

Insane Championship Wrestling have their own YouTube channel right there in that link with basically full shows. Some good stuff on there. Personally think they're the best promotion up here at the moment, especially live.

Archived