Seaside insanity! Has a shitarse bitten off more than they can che

It has been brought to my attention that Brad Flash"s UWE have booked a residency at the recently refurbished Spa Royal Hall in Bridlington. Each show throughout the school holidays are booked on everyones favourite day to watch wrestling, Monday!

I have had the misfortune to witness the UWE"s product on several occasions, which features stars of the UKFF"s "Shit List" inc. Brad Flash(obviously), Jonny the Body Rose, Love Muscle Russell + "Doink" and a few more green as Goose Shit trainees? Every single show was God awful, as were a few reports of shows that i did not attend. I have no idea how much it would cost to hire such a venue (Capacity 1500+)? But it cant come cheap, Even on a Monday night.

The Spa was my local venue for wrestling in the summer during the Golden Years, Which was promoted in the 1960/70/80s by Relwyskow & Green as part of Joint Promotions. They had every wrestler you could name from that era and featured televised shows for World of Sport on many occasions. Even back then with household names they struggled to draw decent crowds on Monday nights, Which makes me struggle to see how this project will pan out with British Wrestling at such a low ebb & these awful UWE shows on the horizon?

I realise that the UWE are well within their rights to put on shows wherever they wish. I just fear it will kill the opportunity for any future (& better) Shows & also kill any positive perception of Wrestling for the few holiday makers that bother to part with their cash. It could also kill the venue stone dead if, like i suspect that when it comes to paying the rent, they simply will not have the funds to honor their part of the agreement?

More info on these shows, taken from the Brid Spa website:

"Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment and The Spa, Bridlington present an action packed summer season of Big Time Wrestling!

If you have only had the chance to see live wrestling on TV then you are in for a treat when UWE, famous for it's action packed family show, comes to The Spa, Bridlington on specially selected dates throughout July, August & September.

You can expect to see all the high flying spectaculars, colourful characters and muscle-bound superstars, as you boo the baddies and cheer the good guys. And don't forget to get your hands clapping and your feet stomping for our highly popular main event when everyone is in the ring at the same time, that's right, its the Over the Top Rope Royal Rumble Showdown!

The show will feature a mix of the Best of British wrestlers taking on the Rest of the World in an all out fight to the finish, special matches you can expect to see include Championship Matches, Heavyweight Challeges, Tag Team Thrillers and of course, The Rumble match!

Dates: Mondays 25th July, 1st/8th/15th/22nd August and 5th September at 7.30pm (doors 7pm) and Monday 29th August at 1.30pm (doors 1pm).

Tickets:

Please no!!!! this was my home town, when i started putting rings up at 12 this is where i got my first foot in the door!!

like paul said, it has had EVERY household name thru them doors!!

my first match for max crabtree was against Rex Lane and i had Alan Kilby in my corner

I hope the guys are going to put on 100% top notch shows here!!

If you have only had the chance to see live wrestling on TV then you are in for a treat

Surely seeing live wrestling on TV is impossible? Watching it on TV is not watching live wrestling. Watching live wrestling is being there and seeing it in front of your eyes, in the flesh.

Please no!!!! this was my home town, when i started putting rings up at 12 this is where i got my first foot in the door!!

like paul said, it has had EVERY household name thru them doors!!

my first match for max crabtree was against Rex Lane and i had Alan Kilby in my corner

I hope the guys are going to put on 100% top notch shows here!!

As you know Steve,I too was there for your debut. Lots & lots of fantastic memories & some truely fantastic matches (& a few very bad ones!). I like to think i have moved with the times & still enjoy a lot of todays wrestling, But i cant begin to tell you how bad these shows are. The UWE crimes against wrestling include:

1, A rumble being cut short due to the ring quite literally falling to pieces

2, Awful gimmicks like a "Polish" mime artist, Dunk the Clown & a very unconvincing Barbarian.

3, Inter gender matches, which nearly always look bad.

4, What looked like a 14 year old referee?

To be honest as much as i dont want to line the pockets of the UWE, Morbid curiousity is starting to get the better of me!

Hope to see you at this years reunion mate :thumbsup:

Paul, don't even think about going to this show!! It will make the horrors we saw in Hull's West Pack look like a British Masterclass! :crazy:

The actual wrestling at "The West Park Tournament of Death" on the whole was ok. You are right of course, Its just that i would like to see for myself how bad the show & attendance is?

• 1 month later...

Well i attended last nights Seaside Extravaganza presented the "Ultimate Wrestling Experience" at the Bridlington Spa Royal Hall. The attendance was 100+ & i would be lying if i said it was a good show, However it has to be said that it was not as bad as i had first feared! We were treated to an OK tag match & a very solid singles bout before the interval.

Given the fact that some of the wrestling was good & the venue is superb, I did leave feeling that i did recieve value for money ( A recession busting

Archived