UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

Newcastle 1 - 0 Lazio

Both sides looked tentative early on, though did create some decent chances with Ameobi having a good chance for Newcastle and a Radu header coming close for Lazio. After settling in, Newcastle started to turn the pressure up and could have scored an opener through Ameobi had his curling shot not hit the post. Zarate had Lazio's best effort of the game when he struck a shot straight at Harper whilst tussling with a Newcastle defender. After this it was mostly one way traffic, with Muslera making several excellent stops, including making a double save to thwart Ameobi. Lazio still tried to break forward though, but when an attack broke down Newcastle started a quick counter attack. Ameobi was bordline offside when he received the ball but he took advantage of the protesting Lazio defenders and ran towards goal until he struck a delightful curling effort around Muslera and into the back of the net. At half time Newcastle lead the shot count 9 to 3.

Newcastle were again the better team in the second half, forcing Muslera to again make some good saves, including stopping a point blank effort from Ameobi. Lazio didn't give up, and knowing they only needed a single goal for a draw they pressed late in the game and had a number of crosses that came within inches of a Lazio head and for the second game in a row they agonisingly failed to take advantage of late opportunites. Overall though Newcastle thoroughly deserved the win and should have won by more seeing as they outshot Lazio 13 to 4.

Newcastle goal: Ameobi (43')

Highlights:

Zarate's shot is saved by Harper

Muslera makes a double save to deny Ameobi

Ameobi scores with a lovely finish

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know most people can't help circumstances but its a shame this league hasn't really got any rhythm to it, I know speaking to Dork last night he was finding it a chore as well, he should really have been started out in D2. If we manage to finish this one, I definitely won't be taking part in the next one, it's becoming a hassle and lop sided with different people playing different users for teams that have drop outs. Shame.

Just remembered that I was going to reply to this the other day when I was checking through the thread for results.

I think when we start the next competition, either when this is over and Fifa 12 comes out or if we have to end this one early due to more dropouts, it would probably be a good idea to shelve the league for a bit as it does require higher levels of commitment and instead I think we should do another tournament (or two).

• Paid Members

Problem with a knockout tournament is it fucks over those of us who are shit. I play so as I've got different peopleto play with, whether I win or lose. If you did aKOtournament, I'd be out round one and have nowt to do x]

Problem with a knockout tournament is it fucks over those of us who are shit. I play so as I've got different peopleto play with, whether I win or lose. If you did aKOtournament, I'd be out round one and have nowt to do x]

It wouldn't be a straight knockout tournament. It would be like the first tournament, i.e. mini-leagues (numbers dependant on number of entrants) then a knockout round with the group qualifiers.

It wouldn't be a straight knockout tournament. It would be like the first tournament, i.e. mini-leagues (numbers dependant on number of entrants) then a knockout round with the group qualifiers.

Or have a league but just use players from this and last season who have proved to be in it for the long haul and dont invite any newbies .

Scottingham, if you're about tonight or tomorrow, just add bumclasshero on the ps3 and then let me know on here if you're up for a game, if my PS3 is on and its RDR or MW2 on, its my GF. Same applies to everyone else!

STOKE 2 GENOA 1

Goals J Carew 2 R. paliaco

Good tight game that was let down by slight lag issues. Genoa played well and after taking a 2 nil lead i got very worried when they pulled one back after blowing a 2 nil lead last week. But this time the boys hung on for all 3 points and keep stoke in the hunt at the top

Archived