FREE ADMISSION SHOW IN WATH, South Yorkshire June 18th

Real Deal Promotions present a night of live professional wrestling in Wath-Upon-Dearne on Saturday 18th June 2011 at the Montgomery Hall.

Doors open at 6:30pm for a 7pm start and ALL tickets to this event are absolutely FREE!

The show will be the first of many in the area as Real deal Promotions return home to South Yorkshire. On Sunday 19th June Real Deal Promotions will run the first session for South Yorkshire Wrestling Academy with both junior and senior classes which will run each week.

Future shows in the region will take place every three months at Montgomery Hall as well as other events in Mexborough, Swinton, Conisborough, Denaby, Rawmarsh, Goldthorpe, Thurnscoe, Barnsley and the surrounding areas. In addition to the shows training will be available in all the above named areas (more details to follow).

Should you require any information on training with Real Deal Promotions please call Steve on 07771618288

Confirmed matches for Saturday 18th June include:

The Egomaniac Kris Travis vs. The High-flying masked Sensation known only as Spyda!

Prince Mohmed Ameen returns to South Yorkshire with his

• 1 month later...

Just got back from a disappointing trip to this show, no sign of any show being on. Never trust Britwres. Had a look over the RDW related internet sites and found all the sites well out of date so no news on it being cancelled but I guess it was. :rolleyes:

I also ended up wasting a few hours travel to attend this no show.

I know that I myself have emailled RDW in the past about how out of date their website is but I guess they are not bothered.

This was going to be my first RDW show in quite some time, as they don't appear to run many shows now, which is a disappointment after they appeared to be trying to expand with the Big Hull shows.

I won't be wasting my time again, neither will any of my friends who travelled with me, so RDW can count me as another lost fan.

Good job I still have a few other good local promotions to follow.

A message from Sykes. owner of RDW.

The venue cancelled on him by email on the morning of the show...

I received the email on my mobile at 3am and spent the following morning calling everyone who had reserved tickets for the event to inform them that the show would not be going ahead. If someone could be so kind as to either lin...k this post on to ukff or copy past this on my behalf I would be very grateful.

Should any of the people who attended last nights show wish to contact me directly, please feel free to call me on 07771618288 and I will do my very best to compensate you for your dissapointment and costs.

In the seven years RDW has been running I have cancelled no more than a handful of events and without passing the buck very rarely have these cancellations been my decision.

Once again please accept my apologies with regards to both the cancellation and the lack of information.

With regards to the website we simply haven't had anyone to run the site for us. Perhaps someone reading this may be able to offer their services.

Steve

I am writing in response to the free admission show which was due to take place last night.

I travelled up from stoke on trent to see this show. But before i did this i rang wrestlecall to see if it was still going ahead and as far as they were concerned yes it was. So i travelled up to wath. When i got to the venue i was a bit puzzled that there was no one around. So i went to one of the local businesses and they said as far as they were concerned the show was still going ahead. But my friend who i had come to the show with had the promoters number and i rang him i left a message. He got back to me straight away and couldnt apologise enough about the show been cancelled.

But the only gripe i have with this is that on a previous post on this forum a member said they had emailed the venue and they said they had cancelled. They were informed by a wrestler that was appearing on the bill that the show wasnt going ahead. Why didnt this wrestler do the right thing and go on to this forum and inform members on this forum that the show wasnt going ahead. The said wrestler would have gained alot of respect for mentioning this.

I am writing in response to the free admission show which was due to take place last night.

I travelled up from stoke on trent to see this show. But before i did this i rang wrestlecall to see if it was still going ahead and as far as they were concerned yes it was. So i travelled up to wath. When i got to the venue i was a bit puzzled that there was no one around. So i went to one of the local businesses and they said as far as they were concerned the show was still going ahead. But my friend who i had come to the show with had the promoters number and i rang him i left a message. He got back to me straight away and couldnt apologise enough about the show been cancelled.

But the only gripe i have with this is that on a previous post on this forum a member said they had emailed the venue and they said they had cancelled. They were informed by a wrestler that was appearing on the bill that the show wasnt going ahead. Why didnt this wrestler do the right thing and go on to this forum and inform members on this forum that the show wasnt going ahead. The said wrestler would have gained alot of respect for mentioning this.

While i see your point about said wrestler informing on UKFF as it would have been helpfull.....

BUT This is the responsibly of the Promoter and no one else

Not the wrestler who probs had to find or found another show to replace this one and last thing on there mind was "i Know ill Go on UKFF and do someone elses job"

Sorry I just got in from a night out. But to say I went to the show and later did some research after being let down on the matter and contacted the venue and a lad on the card, who most likely did not know I was going or have a UKFF account to say it was cancelled beforehand, not that it was his job anyway but they all said it was cancelled early in the week. Someone has pointed out it was said on Kris Travis's FB status that it was cancelled on Wednesday, I'm not his 'friend', so someone else can confirm that. I'd accept the apology but I hated getting a total lie on top of it. Just be bothered enough to cancel it on here or be honest and sorry, don't bullshit the fans cause you can't organise a piss up in a brewery.

I have heard from another wrestler, not Kris Travis, who is a friend of a friend and he said the show was cancelled a while back.

Didn't specify how long ago, but it proves the promoter is lying, so why bother promoting here if you can't keep your customers informed about what is going on?

Just rude and ignorant not to post here either, when you can post on Facebook and get others to post here for you, so this just proves how little you really care about this situation.

I have lost count of all the false promises of imports and "big" shows that never materialize, its all false hype and steve blowing smoking up his own arse to make him feel mister BIG! The amount of venues that don't have them back is shocking.

I've worked with steve in many different capacities over the years and have never publicly slated him, but for years I have watched people believe the hype and think that RDW is something special. It's about time people starting seeing the reality.

Archived