FREE ADMISSION SHOW IN WATH, South Yorkshire June 18th

Apologies for the late response to this thread, this is the first chance I have to sign in to my UKFF account. Yes I have been online however my internet access is limited as I have been using my phone due to problems with my home internet. Unfortunately I can only browse UKFF on my phone and can not sign in to my account and can not post.

First things first I want to apologise for asking others to post messages on my behalf and thank UKFF user cheetah69uk for bringing this thread to my attention.

I'll keep this as short and as to the point as I can and hopefully answer all of you're questions and let you know the who, what and why with regards to the cancellation of our event in Wath this past weekend.

On Tuesday of last week I contacted all external talent booked for this event and cancelled their appearances due to a poor number of tickets reserved for the show. The show was put in place to help promote the venue as a new training academy for RDW and to showcase talent that have previously graduated from our school. To maximise both the exposure and attendance we decided that the event would take place as a free admission show. As of Thursday lunch time we only had a dozen seats reserved for the event and no reservations for the training. For this reason, as I already said I told the external talent that they would not be needed for the event. At this point the show was still set to go ahead using just graduates, coaches and students from the RDW / GWA wrestling academies.

Towards the end of the week we had a good number of people contact us with regards to booking seats for the show and all of these people were contacted on Saturday morning as soon as I knew the show had been cancelled. Apparently the venue had tried to contact me last week to confirm times for the event so as they could manage and book their staff. When we booked the event (about six weeks ago) we instructed the venue as to the times and dates we would require the hall. As there were tickets for the venue to sell and having been involved with wrestling events at the venue before I did not think there was any further reason for me to contact them again before the day.

At 4am on the day of the show I got home and checked my mail on my pc. An email had been sent from the venue which was delivered to my junk folder (which is why I never got the mail on my phone). The email basically said that the event had been cancelled. I immediately replied to that email and didn

You said you had no interest in the training sessions, yet the screen cap of the email says you had good interest in the training, so what is?

Sorry, but have got to agree with NickV1 on this, as you obviously can't stop telling lies that you honestly believe are true.

I won't bother contact RDW in future, because I won't be going to their shows, so simples really.

Does any other promotion actually book any of your trainees, the reason I ask is that you have been around as a training school for a while, yet I never see your trainees elsewhere.

Archived