Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
Either Bristep or Swift are scum, they have to be.

Swift devoted most of his energy last day phase trying to get Finlay to not vote for Nexus. Right now, he looks a good bet.

Vote: Swiftstrike

What is the basis of your case on bristep? And I shall have to go and look back at the last phase to see examples of swift trying to ensure Finlay didn't vote Nexus, as that's pretty scummy play if it's the case

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I know the last day phase I was about as useful as a fishnet condom, so I'll try to be better.

As far as things go, I can see the play of tom being scummy. He goes after Nexus for his slip but then uses the next poster as ammunition against Ron. It was a good idea and very nearly worked, had it not been for the work of unfitfinlay. I'm a little wary of other posters but right now this makes the most sense to me.

What do you make of the mass roleclaim idea?

I'm also wary of tom. However, who are your other suspects at this stage (or are you blank, like Carbomb)?

I have to say, at this stage I think I'd be alright with a mass roleclaim. To me, we've reached the stage where the more info out there, the more likelihood it would be good for town

As for other players, I'm a little suspect of Swiftstrike. Having played with him before I know he's a very thorough player, but I can't help but feel he kind of fans the flames against several posters at once. It's nothing definite but just an impression. I feel a bit like that with Carbomb, but it's just a feeling I have.

Yeah, so at this stage I'm either being jailkept by town or roleblocked by scum because that's 3 nights in a row that my action has failed.

Hang on, seriously?! :confused:

That's a bit strange. Well, I guess that confirms we have a blocking role of some kind. Two kills tonight mean we also have an odd night vigilante somewhere.

Which fits in with TDK/brownie's roleclaim, since TDK said he went for the ONV role.

• Paid Members
Also, what's everyone's opinion about a mass claim today? I'm thinking we should go for it.

I'm wavering, I have to say. On the one hand, since they haven't died yet, we know that the Weak Doctor could confirm at least one player (and potentially as much as three) as town which could be extremely useful at this stage. On the other, it would likely mean that the Doctor would be taken out the next night.

Anyway, a couple of things that I've been thinking about from the last phase:

Ron - I know I've been suspicious of him throughout the game BUT the only viable wagons by the end of the last phase were Ron and Nexus, who we now know was scum. Nexus didn't vote but that still leaves three active scum and I really don't believe they'd let things get to the point where both wagons were on scum without at least trying to push a case on a third person. For me, that's enough to make me think that Ron is town.

Swiftstrike - Very suspicious in the last phase. Reacted to my spot on Nexus by questioning me and not Nexus. Made a good point that I was splitting the vote by pushing the slip while voting for Ron but then tried to get to get me to switch my vote back off Nexus and onto Ron or Tom. That isn't even getting into the misquoting of Chris B in the first phase or bringing up posts that I simply didn't make.

He's both L3 and LA though so I'll hold off my vote and make do with a FOS

FOS Swiftstrike

First V/LA for this weekend as attending a wedding and so will not be posting this weekend at all.

2nd we are at Mylo and I get two quick votes what is this? Scum looking to finish off the game quickly.

There is no town reason for early votes on anyone at mylo, in fact the best course of action for town is to no lynch this phase to take us to LYLO with one less scum suspect around and then make a decision in regards to claims and such next phase where I have said already we are one less suspect down and also we could have an additional nights info from any town power roles alive.

Lynch is 5 Swift, a couple of early votes to put some pressure on a suspect isn't a bad thing. Since there is an odd night vigilante, if we no-lynch today, that takes us to 4 town 3 scum if the NK goes through so even if we lynch correctly that day, ONV could end up taking out a 2nd town player overnight and we lose anyway.

I am against a no-lynch today.

Also, what's everyone's opinion about a mass claim today? I'm thinking we should go for it.

I'm wavering, I have to say. On the one hand, since they haven't died yet, we know that the Weak Doctor could confirm at least one player (and potentially as much as three) as town which could be extremely useful at this stage. On the other, it would likely mean that the Doctor would be taken out the next night.

That's a good point, I'd like to hear from the doc at this stage, because there's always a chance that the scum might take him out tonight anyway without knowing they were targetting the weak doc. We're at the end game and getting that kind of info (3 nights worth of protects since I was blocked 3 nights in a row I can't see the doc being blocked as well).

• Paid Members
Either Bristep or Swift are scum, they have to be.

Swift devoted most of his energy last day phase trying to get Finlay to not vote for Nexus. Right now, he looks a good bet.

Vote: Swiftstrike

What is the basis of your case on bristep?

He voted for Ron. At least 1 person on the Ron wagon is scum. SMS and Chris are dead. So it's either Bristep, Swift or both.

• Paid Members
Swiftstrike - Very suspicious in the last phase. Reacted to my spot on Nexus by questioning me and not Nexus. Made a good point that I was splitting the vote by pushing the slip while voting for Ron but then tried to get to get me to switch my vote back off Nexus and onto Ron or Tom. That isn't even getting into the misquoting of Chris B in the first phase or bringing up posts that I simply didn't make.

^^ These are actually two very good posts for a case against swift; I don't get anything other than a strong town read from bristep, so if the theory that swift or bristep are scum is right then I'm going for swiftstrike. Still a little suspicious of Ron but I'm torn to be honest, as he was pretty insistent that voting him out would end the game and if that was a ploy to keep scum members in the game then why would he have pushed Nexus; there's distancing but then there's just being daft

FOS SWIFTSTRIKE

• Paid Members

EBWOP - The following is also interesting from last phase :

Sorry I have been away have been trying to avoid wrestlemania spoilers and am just caught up there.

At the moment I'm most suspicious of both Unfitfinley and Ron. Finley has pushed the idea that Nexus has put in a slip without actual explaining what the relevance of the "slip" and how it means that Nexus is scum

The Nexus slip was clearly a slip and most people saw that, and it was also quite obvious what the relevance of the slip was, as he was actively pursuing results from SMS in order to line-up a big town target, so to jump all over Finley for it seems odd at best and scum trying to undermine a case that would result in their first casualty, at worst

• Paid Members
First V/LA for this weekend as attending a wedding and so will not be posting this weekend at all.

2nd we are at Mylo and I get two quick votes what is this? Scum looking to finish off the game quickly.

There is no town reason for early votes on anyone at mylo, in fact the best course of action for town is to no lynch this phase to take us to LYLO with one less scum suspect around and then make a decision in regards to claims and such next phase where I have said already we are one less suspect down and also we could have an additional nights info from any town power roles alive.

Lynch is 5 Swift, a couple of early votes to put some pressure on a suspect isn't a bad thing. Since there is an odd night vigilante, if we no-lynch today, that takes us to 4 town 3 scum if the NK goes through so even if we lynch correctly that day, ONV could end up taking out a 2nd town player overnight and we lose anyway.

You make the assumuption there that the ONV is going to take out a town player the following night when it is more likely that the ONV would take out scum especially if they choose to hammer the vote on that day phase, but surely with an additional phase of discussion and possibly either a doc proctect coming off or more info being gained by town roles is worth the trade off there.

• Paid Members

Sorry I have been away have been trying to avoid wrestlemania spoilers and am just caught up there.

At the moment I'm most suspicious of both Unfitfinley and Ron. Finley has pushed the idea that Nexus has put in a slip without actual explaining what the relevance of the "slip" and how it means that Nexus is scum

The Nexus slip was clearly a slip and most people saw that, and it was also quite obvious what the relevance of the slip was, as he was actively pursuing results from SMS in order to line-up a big town target, so to jump all over Finley for it seems odd at best and scum trying to undermine a case that would result in their first casualty, at worst

OKAY TOM PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THE CLEAR SLIP WAS THAT NEXUS MADE HOW IT REVEALED HE WAS SCUM, BECAUSE I STILL CAN'T SEE IT REVEALED HIM AS SCUM AND THOUGHT IT WAS BEING PUSHED AS A COUNTER WAGON TO RON AS SCUM AS NO ONE WOULD EXPLAIN HOW THE SLIP "CLEARLY" MADE HIM SCUM

You make the assumuption there that the ONV is going to take out a town player the following night when it is more likely that the ONV would take out scum especially if they choose to hammer the vote on that day phase, but surely with an additional phase of discussion and possibly either a doc proctect coming off or more info being gained by town roles is worth the trade off there.

Calling for a no-lynch within 3 hours of the phase starting is ridiculous play Swift, we've got a full week to find scum and you're already calling for us not to take the chance in case we get it wrong? How about we revisit that idea nearer the deadline?

• Paid Members

Given that everyone has had the no lynch is a bad idea drummed into them by Mike, I though it best to broach the subject early, the one person I expected to give it some thought was you given you have played some games over at MS forums and would likely have been involved in some no lynching at even numbers or at mylo as these give town advantage.

• Paid Members

OKAY TOM PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THE CLEAR SLIP WAS THAT NEXUS MADE HOW IT REVEALED HE WAS SCUM, BECAUSE I STILL CAN'T SEE IT REVEALED HIM AS SCUM AND THOUGHT IT WAS BEING PUSHED AS A COUNTER WAGON TO RON AS SCUM AS NO ONE WOULD EXPLAIN HOW THE SLIP "CLEARLY" MADE HIM SCUM

he was actively pursuing results from SMS in order to line-up a big town target

Archived