Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
And on a side note, Carbomb you're really lurky in this game, It's hard for someone to make a case for you when you're just sitting on the fringe of the play so as one of the people who's role is very much unknown (Since the only vanilla claim below you was a weak doctor, but that could be someone above you), I'd like to know who your current standout scumspects are. I'll put that to Unfitfinlay, Spotlight and Nexus too.

Right now SMS and Nexus have really cropped up on my radar.

From the very start of the game SMS has pushed that he should be above suspicion which just doesn't sit right with me. At this stage especially I think it would be foolish to rule anybody out as a suspect, especially when they have done some things that are questionable. Outing Snake as bulletproof to save him appears like a pro town move on the surface but also could've been a way to let scum players know the result of his action before the night phase. His repeated demands for roleclaims as well doesn't exactly scream town to me either.

Nexus' play has been really suspect as well. The quick vote to take Snake to L1 (with no reason given and no real attempt to scum hunt through the phase) and his "forgetting" that SMS was a rolecop is really hard to believe.

And actually, looking back through the thread, I think Chris B makes a good point here

Not comfortable at all with the Ron/Nexus/Tom dynamic over the last few pages. Tom and Ron REALLY jumped on Nexus, and Nexus is acting scummy. To me, it strikes me as either Ron/Tom ganging up on Nexus, or as the three of them working together, sacrificing Nexus for the good of the team.

In retrospect it really does read like they want to bus Nexus to confirm them as town which, incidentally, is something Ron really wanted to do in the last game. It's also worth noting (although completely WIFOM) that RON was the guy who brought attention to the possibility that Bristep might be a Cop (under the guise that SMS doing it might be a message to scum, even though he said he thought both were town) and now he's leading the charge to get Bristep lynched.

All things considered I think Ron might be the best lynch in this phase.

VOTE RON SIMMONS

Edit after Preview: SMS - You do realise that's Spotlight you are replying to, not Ron right?

That looks like a scum vote to me.

Unvote

Vote unfitfinlay

Are you our first scum catch? Are you?

Nope. You asked who I suspected so I told you. Reading back through, Nexus' slip looked unconvincing and it read like Tom and Ron were trying to bus him. Of the three Ron is the one I've been most suspicious through out the game so I decided to back it up with a vote. If he can convince me he's not scum, I'll unvote, but his defence so far has simply been that we're all being led around by you, which doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

What do you think about Nexus' "slip" Bristep?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And on a side note, Carbomb you're really lurky in this game, It's hard for someone to make a case for you when you're just sitting on the fringe of the play so as one of the people who's role is very much unknown (Since the only vanilla claim below you was a weak doctor, but that could be someone above you), I'd like to know who your current standout scumspects are. I'll put that to Unfitfinlay, Spotlight and Nexus too.

From the very start of the game SMS has pushed that he should be above suspicion which just doesn't sit right with me. At this stage especially I think it would be foolish to rule anybody out as a suspect, especially when they have done some things that are questionable. Outing Snake as bulletproof to save him appears like a pro town move on the surface but also could've been a way to let scum players know the result of his action before the night phase. His repeated demands for roleclaims as well doesn't exactly scream town to me either.

Nexus' play has been really suspect as well. The quick vote to take Snake to L1 (with no reason given and no real attempt to scum hunt through the phase) and his "forgetting" that SMS was a rolecop is really hard to believe.

And actually, looking back through the thread, I think Chris B makes a good point here

Not comfortable at all with the Ron/Nexus/Tom dynamic over the last few pages. Tom and Ron REALLY jumped on Nexus, and Nexus is acting scummy. To me, it strikes me as either Ron/Tom ganging up on Nexus, or as the three of them working together, sacrificing Nexus for the good of the team.

In retrospect it really does read like they want to bus Nexus to confirm them as town which, incidentally, is something Ron really wanted to do in the last game. It's also worth noting (although completely WIFOM) that RON was the guy who brought attention to the possibility that Bristep might be a Cop (under the guise that SMS doing it might be a message to scum, even though he said he thought both were town) and now he's leading the charge to get Bristep lynched.

VOTE RON SIMMONS

Edit after Preview: SMS - You do realise that's Spotlight you are replying to, not Ron right?

That looks like a scum vote to me.

Unvote

Vote unfitfinlay

Are you our first scum catch? Are you?

Nope. You asked who I suspected so I told you. Reading back through, Nexus' slip looked unconvincing and it read like Tom and Ron were trying to bus him. Of the three Ron is the one I've been most suspicious through out the game so I decided to back it up with a vote. If he can convince me he's not scum, I'll unvote, but his defence so far has simply been that we're all being led around by you, which doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

What do you think about Nexus' "slip" Bristep?

Hard to say. could he get it wrong in that way, forgetting one of the key facts of the game from the previous day and mixing it up with a similar role not yet claimed/outed in the game? Would he make such a silly error if he was scum?

I don't actually think that we even have a cop, unless some of the vanilla "role claims" were a lie then there's only 1 role left to be revealed other than mine and that's either a roleblocker or a Jailkeeper, due to my night action failing two nights running. Of course, one of our 'vanillas' could well have lied about the role they went for, but unless we get clear indication that they are scum then it's going to be hard to use that logic going forward.

• Paid Members
Hard to say. could he get it wrong in that way, forgetting one of the key facts of the game from the previous day and mixing it up with a similar role not yet claimed/outed in the game? Would he make such a silly error if he was scum?

That's why I'm thinking he was bussing himself. If you look back at the nWo thread in the last game, Ron was determined to bus somebody, to the extent that he eventually did it himself. Nexus was always going to be a suspect in this phase due to the opportunistic way he popped up to put Snake at L1.

Something else I just noticed as well:

I'm not sure what I think now really; Ron certainly appears to be buddying up to me and then he more or less tried to push me under a bus, which he admits, and he's got form on such a thing now. I'm worried about him, for sure but I'm worried about Carbomb. He barely posts and when he does, he seems to act as if there's not much more he can add, but he's a lot better than that, and he's more or less gone completely under the radar. In one of his posts he tried to casually push me into suspicion by saying I was trying to irritate and wind people up, but offered no evidence of this, and although this was left by me at the time I did feel a bit concerned by it. I still also think that SMS hasn't proven he is town at all, and his attempts to push the lynch off snake could simply have been to appear innocent but knowing full well that the lynch would go through regardless.

"Bussing" is when one scum pushes a lynch on another so they'd appear town, Tom. You should know that since we did it to Ron last game. Very interesting choice of words there.

FOS Tom

• Paid Members

Firstly, I didn't use that term, it's just happenstance that bus was involved. I meant in a real life sense of ron pushing me off the curb. Secondly, why would I bring something like that to light? I am still relatively new and don't always use terms correctly

Thanks for the post Bristep, and whilst I do agree with parts of what you say, I will still stick to my guns and push this as long as I can.

I believe it is the right way to play this day, so just like I stuck to what I believed was the best way to play the day yesterday, I will be doing the same today.

We don't appear to have progressed much since I last posted so I will have to go read through a few old posts and see if I can find anything.

• Paid Members
Anyway, Tom, I don't think there was anything particularly scummy about what Ron tried to do. I do think we are falling into the trap of only suspecting the people who are most vocal, which really cost town the game last time. I'm particularly interested that SpotlightMagnet hasn't posted this phase, given how vocal he was about lurkers earlier.

So you go from this...

To this:

VOTE RON SIMMONS

In under a day.

FOS unfitfinlay

I'm undecided on Bristep, I don't know if he's trying to push me hard to make me look like scum or whether he's pushing because he thinks it's the right thing to do. I swing back and forth on this one.

But I'd say look at the speed the wagon formed on me - how's that good for the town? Mathematically, I think we genuinely can lose the game tonight if there's a vig and he strikes incorrectly - or if the scum have him. So we really need to be careful. The speed at which the wagon formed on me suggests that at least one person voting for me - if not more - could be scum.

unvote

I know I'm being indecisive, and I'll freely admit to letting frustration get the better of me at times in this game - EVERY time I play as town I get heavily accused of being scum. I'm not, and I can only say that - maybe I've not always made the best choices, but heck, you could say that about a number of people. I will say that people like swiftstrike are getting off VERY lightly after some early play that was blatantly dodgy.

If I do get lynched today, and it's a town vigilante I suggest you AVOID sending an action tonight, otherwise we've lost another one.

Speaking of quick changes in opinion Ron, you haven't answered this from Swift yet.

Right I have completely my little look at the posts after SMS reveal of Snakes role

POST 795 http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2335257

EBWOP:

unvote

If Snake IS a cop, and he IS town voting him would be stupid. I don't know if I buy all of this, but I don't want to take any risks either.

just 2 posts later post 797 http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2335263

Actually sod it, I'm calling your bluff.

Vote Snake Plissken

What in the post between which was by SMS changed your mind between lynching a cop which is what you thought at the time? Or was it just that you figured it was a good way to see off the town cop?

FOS RON

• Paid Members
Speaking of quick changes in opinion Ron, you haven't answered this from Swift yet.

Right I have completely my little look at the posts after SMS reveal of Snakes role

EBWOP:

unvote

If Snake IS a cop, and he IS town voting him would be stupid. I don't know if I buy all of this, but I don't want to take any risks either.

just 2 posts later post 797 http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2335263

Vote Snake Plissken

What in the post between which was by SMS changed your mind between lynching a cop which is what you thought at the time? Or was it just that you figured it was a good way to see off the town cop?

FOS RON

I've been accessing the site on a mobile today for the most part - I missed it. Well, I thought SMS and Snake might be working together, and that SMS was lying about his role. He'd been playing a scummy looking game - and not only in my eyes - at that point and I thought the two roleclaims were probably a way of keeping them alive for as long as they wanted to be.

• Paid Members

EBWOP:

unvote

Vote Snake Plissken

FOS RON

I've been accessing the site on a mobile today for the most part - I missed it. Well, I thought SMS and Snake might be working together, and that SMS was lying about his role. He'd been playing a scummy looking game - and not only in my eyes - at that point and I thought the two roleclaims were probably a way of keeping them alive for as long as they wanted to be.

Ron but in the space of three minutes you went from not wanting to take risks to sticking the vote in so I can only assume that SMS in between post changed your opinion on this so what about it may you consider him scum or was it just that you felt his argument would gain credibility?

• Paid Members
Ron but in the space of three minutes you went from not wanting to take risks to sticking the vote in so I can only assume that SMS in between post changed your opinion on this so what about it may you consider him scum or was it just that you felt his argument would gain credibility?

I'm accessing the site on a phone, so I can't actually go back to the page in question, but I think I just changed my mind. In this game I'm sure we all end up in situations where we make snap decisions, then when the facts sink in we come to different conclusions. Such is the nature of the game.

Just an update from where I'm standing, SMS has been constant with his insistance for a power role claim and in many ways that makes me a little more at ease about him. But I still stand by my earlier suspicisions, plus he has fair reasoning.

Ron I'm still not sure of. I'm not getting a scum vibe off him, rather a flustered feeling. I was wrong last time, but I also feel Ron is playing this game differently.

Apart from that, I've got nothing. My suspicision of Bristep has surpassed somewhat, not completely but enough to put me in a quandry.

• Paid Members
Firstly, I didn't use that term, it's just happenstance that bus was involved. I meant in a real life sense of ron pushing me off the curb. Secondly, why would I bring something like that to light? I am still relatively new and don't always use terms correctly

That's what "bussing" means Tom. Pushing your scum buddy in front of a bus, so he'll flip scum and you'll look innocent.

I'd also point out that Ron did no such thing. He made a weak attempt to get you to out yourself as scum and backed off immediately as you soon as you answered. The weakness of his trap and your complete overreaction to it is another thing that makes me suspect that the two of you might be aligned.

Ron - Oddly enough I actually went back in the thread because I was suspicious of Nexus and wanted to read his "slip" again. That's when I noticed how odd the interplay between you and Tom was. Between the two of you, I think you've been the most suspicious over the course of the game, which is why I put the vote on you and not Tom.

• Paid Members

EBWOP

Had another read of Nexus' "slip" and I'd just like to point this out to anyone unconvinced by it.

No, the elongation was a metal gear solid reference, actually. Settle down sweetheart, you've not found a scumtell.

Pretty sure I'd have just as much to answer for if we'd lynched SMS. SMS as a rolecop is more use than a Bulletproof townie. I didn't know if Snake was town or not, and I realised BP is a good skill for scum to have-he would've been completely protected from any vigs. At least with the Snake lynch we have a good place to start-who was on his wagon, who wasn't etc.? Often not voting is as important a wagon to look at as voting. Who was not voting to try and force a no lynch? Let's not just look at Snake's wagon.

SMS, did you get any results?

Yes, I had forgotten that SMS was a rolecop. He shouldn't out anyone else. My bad.

So, Nexus knew SMS was a rolecop at the start of his post but forgot by the end of it? :confused:

Archived