Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members

Surely it depends on what you seen would need to be communicated at this time to push a lynch on a power role or is it something that scum would be able to hold off on until the night phase, if it is the former it needs an answer but would have been better brought up after a push happened if the latter it may be revelant had to tell without knowing what it is.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
If it is a message to scum then surely the other player is at risk anyway?

I don't know if it is - in fact, I don't think it is - but it might be. It could be a serious scum tell if I'm wrong. But if I'm not and I reveal it I think a wagon will invariably start on the person in question, then we're at a huge risk of losing. Plus another player's at risk from this, so we could potentially lose two town - or one scum (but then a town member following)

• Paid Members

Right, sod it. This might end up being important. Here's the post in question. If we have a protecting role then Bristep NEEDS to have it on him tonight. Make what you will of this.

I don't care what order we do this in, but we need role claims, reasons why you chose it, what info you have and if you don't have one what role you claimed.

We need this info and results to form our days discussion otherwise we might have lost the game due to some bad gameplay last night.

For the record I didn't investigate Nexus, it was Bristep and I think his role which looks town to me, might have some interesting results.

He's implying that Bristep is a cop, I think. And in such a way that I'm worried it COULD be a scum message. But at the same time, my instinct tells me it isn't. But my instinct also told me that Lion was scum.

So here's the evidence, and I appologize in advance to Bristep for the awkward position I may have put you in.

• Paid Members
Right, sod it. This might end up being important. Here's the post in question. If we have a protecting role then Bristep NEEDS to have it on him tonight. Make what you will of this.

I don't care what order we do this in, but we need role claims, reasons why you chose it, what info you have and if you don't have one what role you claimed.

We need this info and results to form our days discussion otherwise we might have lost the game due to some bad gameplay last night.

For the record I didn't investigate Nexus, it was Bristep and I think his role which looks town to me, might have some interesting results.

He's implying that Bristep is a cop, I think. And in such a way that I'm worried it COULD be a scum message. But at the same time, my instinct tells me it isn't. But my instinct also told me that Lion was scum.

So here's the evidence, and I appologize in advance to Bristep for the awkward position I may have put you in.

I don't see how that suggests that he's a cop? Surely a lot of roles are interesting, or have the potential to be? But I would say, why does SMS feel the need to clarify that he didn't investigate Nexus as no one suggested or asked if he did?

• Paid Members

I don't see how that suggests that he's a cop? Surely a lot of roles are interesting, or have the potential to be? But I would say, why does SMS feel the need to clarify that he didn't investigate Nexus as no one suggested or asked if he did?

Look at the end of that quote:

"I think his role which looks town to me, might have some interesting results."

That's a pretty blatant allusion.

• Paid Members

Well when you put it that way..........

I have my worries about SMS, liked I stated at the start of the phase, but for now I would need to see a lot more before switching a vote or anything like that, even though I'm unsure why he clarifies it wasn't Nexus he looked at

• Paid Members

I'm not convinced by this Ron. For starters, why would SMS NEED to communicate that during the day? Unless they try to push a lynch on him, they'd have to wait until night to take him out anyway. Especially since SMS basically confirmed him as town there.

I don't like SMS' demand that everybody roleclaim though. That should be something we do as a last resort, not three hours into the start of the day phase.

• Paid Members
Well when you put it that way..........

I have my worries about SMS, liked I stated at the start of the phase, but for now I would need to see a lot more before switching a vote or anything like that, even though I'm unsure why he clarifies it wasn't Nexus he looked at

Huh, actually I never thought of the possibility he used the Nexus namedrop to make an allusion to his team. Also, I'm not suggesting you switch vote. I'm not quite sure whether this allusion was deliberate or not.

SMS, why did you clarify that it wasn't Nexus you looked at?

• Paid Members

I'm not convinced by this Ron. For starters, why would SMS NEED to communicate that during the day? Unless they try to push a lynch on him, they'd have to wait until night to take him out anyway. Especially since SMS basically confirmed him as town there.

IF he's scum - there's no day talk, so I assume the scum won't know what the rolecop result is. If SMS is lynched then they'll never find out. I'd imagine it's a scum priority to know who the cop is, and SMS's implication may be that lynching Bristep is the way ahead.

And besides, just because a player doesn't need to do something doesn't mean he wouldn't do it - I'd say does he actually need to allude to Bristep's role if he's town?

Yes, I had forgotten that SMS was a rolecop. He shouldn't out anyone else. My bad.

Sure sweetums. It's not a plan 'cos I don't have any scumbuddies.

I voted for him because I didn't want a no lynch and a BP townie is less use than a rolecop. Would you rather I'd voted for and lynched SMS? Or gone for a no lynch?

Honestly Nexus - when you're scum you actually POST like scum, with sarcastic comments and a cocky attitude. And that's exactly what you're doing now. I suspect you're trying to sound dismissive and casual, but instead you sound ridiculously scummy.

Nexus posting like Nexus is not a scumtell Ron. You should try playing on the MafiaScum site, hell of a lot worse on there I tell you.

• Paid Members
Yes, I had forgotten that SMS was a rolecop. He shouldn't out anyone else. My bad.

I voted for him because I didn't want a no lynch and a BP townie is less use than a rolecop. Would you rather I'd voted for and lynched SMS? Or gone for a no lynch?

Honestly Nexus - when you're scum you actually POST like scum, with sarcastic comments and a cocky attitude. And that's exactly what you're doing now. I suspect you're trying to sound dismissive and casual, but instead you sound ridiculously scummy.

Nexus posting like Nexus is not a scumtell Ron. You should try playing on the MafiaScum site, hell of a lot worse on there I tell you.

Huh. That's the exact reason I voted for him the last time he was scum - he was slagging people left, right and centre.

Sod it!

I want everyone to role claim.

If we have a bad day / night by lynching the bomb with a townie hammering it, then lose the weak doctor protecting scum, the other vigilante kills town, we could be looking at game over.

We really need results now people.

This seems a bad idea at the moment it will give the scum full knowledge of all roles in the game without really giving us anything else to work on, it will reveal the bomb conundrum that the scum are at best having a risk of 33% of and possibly 50%, if there is a roleblocker out there as bristep suggested there was that will negate either a cop or doctor or even your rolecopping ability if there isn't so a round claim is a bad idea as we just give up everything to the scum and they can pick us off at will.

I don't feel we have much choice.

We need to start somewhere, but due to lack of contribution by a number of players during the last days play, this feels like day 2 but it could be the end of the game if we are not careful.

I think we need to put it to the vote, see how people feel , then take it from there.

I won't be revealing Bristeps role, because I believe him to be town, as well as unlike Snake he is not close to being lynched and is here to defend himself.

If Bristep wants to reveal it, then that is his choice, if he doesn't then that is also fine with me.

And I won't. Not that it has mattered at this point, since it failed again.

And no mass claim. There aren't many players left at this point who haven't claimed/been outed, it's not a good idea to just show the scum the whole deck.

Huh. That's the exact reason I voted for him the last time he was scum - he was slagging people left, right and centre.

And he was doing the same in the last game too, and he was town then.

• Paid Members
And he was doing the same in the last game too, and he was town then.

Was he? I don't remember - probably because I was scum so I didn't need to pay attention to that sort of thing. Or was it after I was lynched?

Anway - what's your opinion on Nexus? I think he's been exeptionally opportunistic with his posts - cockiness aside, what do you think?

IF he's scum - there's no day talk, so I assume the scum won't know what the rolecop result is. If SMS is lynched then they'll never find out. I'd imagine it's a scum priority to know who the cop is, and SMS's implication may be that lynching Bristep is the way ahead.

And besides, just because a player doesn't need to do something doesn't mean he wouldn't do it - I'd say does he actually need to allude to Bristep's role if he's town?

I see Ron's point, but it hinges on something.

What did SMS gain if scum by outing himself AND Snake when Snake was already under heavy suspicion already last phase?

The only other way this works is if the Scum have the Jailkeeper,Roleblocker and Weak Doc roles, tried to kill Snake on night 1, and knew that there was no way he could have been protected. In which case SMS could lie about being a rolecop, but it is a dangerous game in case another player further down the list counter-claimed.

Archived