Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Damnit. Time is against us. I'm not too happy about this but it seems like our only option.

Unvote

Vote Snake Plissken

Glad you've done this. at least one way or another we'll gain information.

I'm not even slightly pleased you felt theneed to say that.

And I'm not remotely pleased you snuck in to hammer alongside several other players very late on. It's all well and good to say "I'm not happy, but..." but the only dialogue leading up to lynch was between SMS, Bristep and I. If Snake flips scum obviously this is redundant, but our lynch options were hardly plenty.

Damnit. Time is against us. I'm not too happy about this but it seems like our only option.

Unvote

Vote Snake Plissken

Glad you've done this. at least one way or another we'll gain information.

I'm not even slightly pleased you felt theneed to say that.

And I'm not remotely pleased you snuck in to hammer alongside several other players very late on. It's all well and good to say "I'm not happy, but..." but the only dialogue leading up to lynch was between SMS, Bristep and I. If Snake flips scum obviously this is redundant, but our lynch options were hardly plenty.

Credit where credit is due, that even though we had differing opinions, we made the effort to get online and try and discuss this through.

Others just popping online to throw in a vote, especially when they have been V/LA and added Sweet F.A. through the whole days play, really is annoying and just makes them look dodgy.

• Paid Members

SMS, you admit you don't know Snake's alignment.

What makes him different to any other player then? You don't know my alignment. Or Tom's. Or Carbomb's. Or Finlay's. Or Swift's. Or Kenny's. I'll stop there.

Why didn't you beg to save anyone last day phase?

In my defence, I thought Snake was scummy early on. I voted for him, changed after the roleclaim then went back when we had mminutes to go and no-one ellse making a move. I'll cop to not being too involvedover the phase, but I gave my V/LA.

SMS, you admit you don't know Snake's alignment.

What makes him different to any other player then? You don't know my alignment. Or Tom's. Or Carbomb's. Or Finlay's. Or Swift's. Or Kenny's. I'll stop there.

Why didn't you beg to save anyone last day phase?

I didn't know their role, it was day 1 so we don't have a read on anyone yet, plus I have a feeling about Snake.

Don't ask me why, but I didn't see his play as scummy, yet others did.

With him being V/LA and me knowing he had an important role, I didn't want to risk the lynch, at least until we had chance for Ron to have his night meeting with him as well as the chance to fully interrogate him the next day.

• Paid Members

Vote Count

Snake Plissken (8) - swiftstrike, bristep123, unfitfinlay, brownie, Lion of the Midlands, Ron Simmons, Nexus, Kenny McBride

swiftstrike (1) - Chris B,

SMS (1) - spotlightmagnet1

Lion of the Midlands (4) - SMS, tom, Carbomb MA, Snake Plissken

That's a lynch!

Despite a couple of small but vocal protests, Snake is dragged to the gallows. A noose is thrown over his head, and he is quickly lynched in front of everyone.

Dead: Snake Plissken - Bulletproof Town

Night phase begins now and ends at 7pm on Wednesday. Get those actions in.

• Paid Members
Credit where credit is due, that even though we had differing opinions, we made the effort to get online and try and discuss this through.

Others just popping online to throw in a vote, especially when they have been V/LA and added Sweet F.A. through the whole days play, really is annoying and just makes them look dodgy.

Yeah, fair enough - scum or town people should make the effort. I was swayed to vote Snake based on the fact no one seemed to be around to vote Lion. Kenny appeared to hammer at the last moment, and while he said he wasn't happy about it and made an unecessarily snarky comment, he was hardly about to vote for Lion when my vote was resting on him.

That said, I was also put off your wagon by the fact you were passionately defending Snake. It really didn't sit right with me.

• Paid Members

Waking up the townsfolk congregate in the town square and find two dead bodies lying in the middle of it.

Dead: Lion of the Midlands - Vanilla Townie

Dead: Kenny McBride - Even Night Vigilante (Town)

Gathering their thoughts the town count heads...

Alive:

1. SMS: 3, 7

2. bristep123: 5, 6

4. spotlightmagnet1: 14, 4

5. swiftstrike: 1, 1

8. tom: 2, 13

9. unfitfinlay: 8, 12

10. Nexus: 8, 13

11. brownie Teedy Kay: 4, 3

13. Ron Simmons: 4, 7

14. Carbomb MA: 7, 9

16. Chris B: 7, 13

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: 7:30pm Wednesday 6th April

• Paid Members

I think we need to look closely at how the lynch on Snake developed, especially after the bulletproof reveal as obviously scum knew he wasn't one of them and to get rid of him is major for them.

It didn't take Nexus long to jump on to the lynch and he almost seemed to take pleasure in pushing it to L-1; was this a slip from excitement at a big hit about to go through? I can't add anything else really as there's so much inactivity and not much substance from him.

SMS was very eager to try and stop the lynch on Snake and he was proven to be right about this. However, that does not really confirm that he is town as he could have simply been trying to protect himself from suspicion knowing full well that his scum buddies would see the lynch through and he could then claim that he must be scum due to him wanting to protect a strong town role; even though it wasn

• Paid Members

What?! Lion's town?! That's shocking - but in a way a blessing in disguise. I know I, along with a good number of others, would have focussed on him today given the result of the Snake lynch, wasting even more time. So at least we have a distraction eliminated.

After the end of yesterday I think Nexus has a lot to answer for - he's been incredibly opportunistic with his actions and posts.

Bristep has me wary too. But at the same time he really pushed that wagon on Snake - if he was scum I'm not completely convinced he'd be so blatant only to be proved wrong, I reckon he'd have swapped vote to Lion offering the "I'm not happy about this, but..." line that Kenny used when lynching Snake, then rushed to nail SMS the following day.

Don't get me wrong though, he DEFINITELY has a case to answer to.

Problem is, that means three people out there are scum that I'm not sure of. I don't think SMS is scum. And I'm still very suspect of swiftstrike (though I'm feeling a little doubt when it comes to him now after being proved wrong about Lion.)

But other than that it could be anyone. We REALLY need to pull the finger out today - at the end of the last phase it deteriorated to SMS, myself and Bristep debating but everyone else kept schtum until VERY late on. And even the days previous were fairly quiet. If we're gonna win that has to change. And there obviously ARE scum member's who're lurking - I'd say what's the point of playing if you're not going to make the effort to post? Yeah you might win, but satisfying victory? Nah, you've only won by default.

• Paid Members
I think we need to look closely at how the lynch on Snake developed, especially after the bulletproof reveal as obviously scum knew he wasn't one of them and to get rid of him is major for them.

It didn't take Nexus long to jump on to the lynch and he almost seemed to take pleasure in pushing it to L-1; was this a slip from excitement at a big hit about to go through? I can't add anything else really as there's so much inactivity and not much substance from him.

SMS was very eager to try and stop the lynch on Snake and he was proven to be right about this. However, that does not really confirm that he is town as he could have simply been trying to protect himself from suspicion knowing full well that his scum buddies would see the lynch through and he could then claim that he must be scum due to him wanting to protect a strong town role; even though it wasn

Archived