Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

I know that the mafia scum wiki is considered dated but from it there is this;

* Role Cop:

Investigates, but receives information about ability instead of alignment.

Receives information about ability instead of alignment. So I wouldn't expect them to get a Goon or Vanilla result.

In previous games, Mike has actually returned the rolecop result as town **** or scum ****.

Well, SMS has admitted he HASN'T received this info - he says he just "has a feeling" about Snake. Either that or he IS a rolecop, but for the scum alongside Snake and is lying.

I see.

Can anyone honestly see the bulletproof role being a scum one? Scum only need to dodge a vig at night, town need to dodge scum and a vig at night. That'd be seriously one sided if we had bulletproof scum.

I'm struggling to recall a town rolecop. Mafia Scum 2, Royal Rumble, WCW/nWo all had scum rolecops. I can't remember a game that had a town one. Can anyone?

The difference between this game and the others, is that once we know what draft number and side we are on, we got to pick our roles meaning town and scum could have chosen roles normally used by the other side just like I did with the rolecop role.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry folks, but I got to go get ready for work, but will try and get back online before the deadline.

I am hoping this discussion does lead to a lynch, but not at the expense of myself, and not on snake till we at least get a chance to interrogate him first.

Lion and Swift still have votes on them I believe, so maybe have a quick look at the cases on them, then lynch one of those or we may end up without a lynch.

• Paid Members

I'd like to see Lion lynched, but maybe he's not the best noose-victim for today. I'm going to keep my vote on Snake for now as I'll be back on before the lynch deadline, but BY FAR the most sensible pick for today is SMS. It'll reveal info, potentially reveal Snake as scum, if he's town we haven't lost THAT fantastic a role...I really think people should consider switching their vote from Snake. If we do this, and SMS flips scum we can always lynch Snake tomorrow (although SMS flipping scum doesn't automatically mean Snake IS scum, I'd argue that it certainly makes it more likely)

Just checking in before my shift starts in a few minutes.

If we let Lion survive another day, one of our main suspects and my own personal top one, will have been allowed to sneak away with offering very little to the game.

We are in danger of repeating what we did in a previous game where we kept delaying the lynch of the main suspect and I think it might have cost us in the end.

Can't go looking through all the old games to try and find what I am on about as I can't remember exactly what game it was.

I won't be happy being the lynch today, as last time I volunteered to be lynched when I was town was in the game where we were doctors, and town lost that game so I won't repeat that and am hoping we had started to learn from our past mistakes.

I guess I was wrong!

Won't be back online till after 4.

• Paid Members

Ron, I disagree about the value of the rolecop. If I was number one draft, i'd have gone for it because of the information it gives you. I value the rolecop as the best role you can have. I know we don't know just yet if SMS is scum or town,but on the hope he's town, i'd be happy to keep the rolecop in the game.

However, SMS has said some downright daft things. Lion certainly isn't near to being my main suspect, so that comment can be scratched off. Additionally his pleading for Snake and desperate attempts to get Lion or Swift lynched doesn't sit well for me.

My initial suspect Bristep has made some good points and I find myself agreeing with him about some things this day phase. Right now i'm willing to accept that his overzealous wanting to lynch me was more bad form than scumness. Chris hasn't said much this day phase, so i'm no further on my feelings towards him.

I'm of the opinion that either Snake or SMS need to be lynched as it could offer us some answers. I value the rolecop highly, plus if SMS is scum, I have a feeling that could be confirmed overnight when we have the morning flip.

So, Vote: Snake

• Paid Members
Ron, I disagree about the value of the rolecop. If I was number one draft, i'd have gone for it because of the information it gives you. I value the rolecop as the best role you can have. I know we don't know just yet if SMS is scum or town,but on the hope he's town, i'd be happy to keep the rolecop in the game.

Really? Why?

As far as I can see it's not as vital as the Cop role - if it doesn't tell you the allignment then all you're getting is the role of an individual. Potentially useful if vigilantes keep mowing down town members I suppose, but other than that, unless it detects we have a "framer" "janitor" etc I don't think we'll find a great deal. And ultimately, janitor's a role of limited use anyway. I'm not convinced the scum would go for it, given the element of luck you need for it to correctly work.

But if enough people agree I guess I'll stick with my Snake vote. I think losing a town bulletproof player is a major boost to the scum if it turns out this is a mistake, so I think we're taking a massive risk here.

• Paid Members

It's only really an advantage if the scum don't know he's bulletproof, wouldn't you say?

Like I said, previous rolecops have had alignment with their result. SMS may be lying about not getting an alignment or this time, due to the set up, Mike didn't include it. However it has been there previously and based on knowing that, plus the fact it gives you someones role, it's an enormously powerful role and certainly one that i'd want.

• Paid Members
It's only really an advantage if the scum don't know he's bulletproof, wouldn't you say?

Like I said, previous rolecops have had alignment with their result. SMS may be lying about not getting an alignment or this time, due to the set up, Mike didn't include it. However it has been there previously and based on knowing that, plus the fact it gives you someones role, it's an enormously powerful role and certainly one that i'd want.

I'd say it's an advantage in that we're guaranteed to have Snake alive until the end if he's on our side. We'd be lynching the only player the scum can't swiftly take out, and that's a bit of a blow I reckon. I'd rather lynch SMS, gain info through that, then decide what to do about Snake from there.

• Paid Members
EBWOP: Plus, a cop can be interfered with with framer roles etc. Rolecops are not affected by that, or at least haven't been in previous games.

There are going to be prime targets for the framer each night if there actually is one depending on how each person plays, so I guess that's a fair point. But that's assuming we have a framer in play. For all we know, there isn't one.

I'm happy enough to go with the majority, though I'd prefer to see us lynch the (what I see as) limited use for town (but of BRILLIANT USE to scum) rolecop than potentially the one town player who's guaranteed to live till the end. If Snake's scum it's all well and good - but then, what if Snake flips scum and SMS was just misguided town? He'd be lynched tomorrow anyway. I think SMS is by far the best choice for lynching, but I'm beginning to accept it's unlikely to happen before the deadline.

• Paid Members

I'd say it's an advantage in that we're guaranteed to have Snake alive until the end if he's on our side. We'd be lynching the only player the scum can't swiftly take out, and that's a bit of a blow I reckon. I'd rather lynch SMS, gain info through that, then decide what to do about Snake from there.

But how long does he stay in the game until we can confirm his alignment? As SMS has quite rightly pointed out, he may be bulletproof scum. If that's the case, how are we going to eliminate him? We keep him around on the basis 'he may be on our side' yet each night he might well be orchastrating town kills. A vig couldn't get him, so he'd be there until the end. If another scummer or more survives as well, we'd lose.

• Paid Members

That is the way you would think about choosing your role brownie, but given SMS's history within the games played here do you think he would think the same way? I think he would choose a more defensive role for himself to be honest. I guess he would choose bomb because the way he has played in the past where he has managed to get himself in a difficult situation and get himself lynched, that way if he was town and scum hammered the lynch he would take out a scum, or if he was scum he could take out a town player who hammered the lynch.

That is my read on it anyway

• Paid Members

But how long does he stay in the game until we can confirm his alignment? As SMS has quite rightly pointed out, he may be bulletproof scum. If that's the case, how are we going to eliminate him? We keep him around on the basis 'he may be on our side' yet each night he might well be orchastrating town kills. A vig couldn't get him, so he'd be there until the end. If another scummer or more survives as well, we'd lose.

Hmmm, fair enough. Fine, I'll keep my vote where it is. I'm not completely convinced, but I can't really argue with your logic.

• Paid Members
That is the way you would think about choosing your role brownie, but given SMS's history within the games played here do you think he would think the same way? I think he would choose a more defensive role for himself to be honest. I guess he would choose bomb because the way he has played in the past where he has managed to get himself in a difficult situation and get himself lynched, that way if he was town and scum hammered the lynch he would take out a scum, or if he was scum he could take out a town player who hammered the lynch.

I think you've had one hell of a lucky escape today. The more I think about it the more I think I should have stuck with my guns and pushed at you throughout the phase. You've successfully managed to stir and dodge and for that and I'm amazed people have just let you slip by. I suspect people will begin to notice that you stick out like a sore thumb next phase.

• Paid Members

Are you trying to antagonise SMS? He's draft number 1 - why would he lie about the role he picked? It's far too risky for him to lie about that.

Archived