Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See, that's not convincing. Well, it's convincing me that you're his scumbuddy.

Well my problem is I am not very good at getting my point across well, then when I do people don't believe me, I get all stubborn and angry and get myself lynched.

I have given you all the facts I have, so I can't stop you lynching Snake, but given the facts I have given you I want a full breakdown on Snake posts proving why you think he is scum before I can even consider voting for him at this moment.

If Snake flips town, I will have to have a good look through this days play and see who has jumped on the wagon and why, because I don't see why we wouldn't at least interrogate someone with such a strong role before lynching them.

Hasn't Ron got a night meeting with him tonight?

Suggest questions that you want Ron to ask.

Just give him one more day.

Wouldn't the lynching of SMS also confirm Snakes role though britstep. Either would be a good choice.

Unvote

I will unvote for now as I believe my previous vote is now not helpful

Lynching Snake doesn't prove my role, because Nexus has already said he believes I am scums buddy, so I would probably be lynched the next day if he flipped scum.

The only way of knowing my role would be to lynch me.

During the night, it would be easy for scum to kill me and use the night janitor to prevent you finding out my role, so the best thing would be for the cop to investigate me if you suspect me.

When the result comes back you should know whether I am telling the truth or not.

Wouldn't the lynching of SMS also confirm Snakes role though britstep. Either would be a good choice.

Unvote

SMS's lynch would confirm Snake's role, but still doesn't mean a thing as per alignment. If Snake flips scum bulletproof I would take that as being a town confirm for SMS since I don't think scum would bus that particular power role.

If SMS gets lynched

a) Flips Town Rolecop - Snake is confirmed as bulletproof but not town/scum. We're at the same point we were right now

b) Flips Scum Rolecop - Snake is not confirmed as bulletproof as SMS could have been lying. Also not confirmed alignment wise either.

c) Flips Scum A.N.Other role - Snake is not confirmed as bulletproof OR town/scum.

If Snake gets lynched

a) Flips town bulletproof - SMS is confirmed as Rolecop but not deftown

b) Flips scum bulletproof - SMS is confirmed as Rolecop and assumed to be deftown

c) Flips town/scum A.N.Other role - SMS is a liar and needs to die.

The Snake lynch gives us more I think, and although I think they are both scummy, I think if only 1 is then it would be Snake.

EBWOP However : SMS...."During the night, it would be easy for scum to kill me and use the night janitor to prevent you finding out my role, so the best thing would be for the cop to investigate me if you suspect me." Hmm, so the scum have a night janitor and town have a cop? How do you know this SMS? Speculation? or prior knowledge?

• Paid Members

SMS why did you choose to rolecop Snake assuming your town surely the best bet for using your claimed role for the town is to investigate the claimed vanillas at the bottom of the list, i.e Lion who you claim to be suspicious of, as that way you could use the role as a sudo cop role because if they reveal as vanilla then there town and if goon then there scum. So I'm just trying to understand the reason you say you targeted Snake where the only info you get is role which doesn't help with the alignment of a player in this particular game

Unvote

SMS's lynch would confirm Snake's role, but still doesn't mean a thing as per alignment. If Snake flips scum bulletproof I would take that as being a town confirm for SMS since I don't think scum would bus that particular power role.

If SMS gets lynched

a) Flips Town Rolecop - Snake is confirmed as bulletproof but not town/scum. We're at the same point we were right now

b) Flips Scum Rolecop - Snake is not confirmed as bulletproof as SMS could have been lying. Also not confirmed alignment wise either.

c) Flips Scum A.N.Other role - Snake is not confirmed as bulletproof OR town/scum.

If Snake gets lynched

a) Flips town bulletproof - SMS is confirmed as Rolecop but not deftown

b) Flips scum bulletproof - SMS is confirmed as Rolecop and assumed to be deftown

c) Flips town/scum A.N.Other role - SMS is a liar and needs to die.

The Snake lynch gives us more I think, and although I think they are both scummy, I think if only 1 is then it would be Snake.

EBWOP However : SMS...."During the night, it would be easy for scum to kill me and use the night janitor to prevent you finding out my role, so the best thing would be for the cop to investigate me if you suspect me." Hmm, so the scum have a night janitor and town have a cop? How do you know this SMS? Speculation? or prior knowledge?

I have already said that I have revealed all I know.

Both those roles were listed in the draft.

It would be stupid to rule out the possibility of that or any other of the roles listed being in the game.

SMS why did you choose to rolecop Snake assuming your town surely the best bet for using your claimed role for the town is to investigate the claimed vanillas at the bottom of the list, i.e Lion who you claim to be suspicious of, as that way you could use the role as a sudo cop role because if they reveal as vanilla then there town and if goon then there scum. So I'm just trying to understand the reason you say you targeted Snake where the only info you get is role which doesn't help with the alignment of a player in this particular game

I wasn't sure who to investigate at first, so went to page 1 of the topic, noticed El Nicko near the top of the list and thought he had been a bit quiet so I investigated him.

I forgot he had been replaced, but was reminded by the mod when he told me my investigation was on Snake, who had replaced El Nicko.

Stupid of me, I know, but what else would you expect from SMS! :/

I don't think it works like that. I think that Vanilla/Goons get a "basic no role" result.

It is a good point though, it is far more prudent to investigate the claimed VT's to check for liars. Investigating Snake just smacks more of snooping. Especially without prior suspicion of the person you investigated.

I also forgot to add that I thought that if we had a cop they would have investigated Lion.

I also forgot to add that I thought that if we had a cop they would have investigated Lion.

It's a more accurate statement to say that if you were the cop, you would have investigated Lion. If I was the cop I'd have investigated Ron or Brownie.

It's a more accurate statement to say that if you were the cop, you would have investigated Lion. If I was the cop I'd have investigated Ron or Brownie.

The key word I used was thought.

Don't try and change what I say.

The key word I used was thought.

Don't try and change what I say.

I wasn't, I was making what I thought was a clarification to your statement. Don't be over defensive.

I'm going to be defensive, because I stood up for something I believe is the right thing to do, but as people are unsure about it I have become a suspect and given scum info on 2 roles.

So anyone else got anything to add to this discussion before we look at pushing this lynch through?

Who are we going to lynch today?

• Paid Members

Right back from work a little more to add to my last post.

All this changes is that Snake went from being scum to bulletproof scum as far as I'm concerned. A confirmed bulletproof essentially becomes vanilla because the role is negated (since nobody will now target him unless they want to test the claim). I say the lynch is still a valid one, the Lion flip serves nothing if it's a mislynch whereas the Snake one at least would confirm SMS's role. I get the feeling Snake will be flipping scum, bulletproof or not though.

Bristep isn't this essentially what has happened with the bomb role after you got the claim out of Tom now the scum can't get caught out by trying to kill the bomb as long as they avoid trying to kill the top 5 listed players.

Suggest questions that you want Ron to ask.

Just give him one more day.

Any questions I want Ron to ask I really would rather just have the answer straight out of Snake today, in fact him asking Ron to Neighbouriser him with you giving his role is even MORE suspicious. The neighbouriser role is useful to share info and suspicions away from prying eyes Snake doesn't have any additional info if he is town bulletproof so why in particular should Snake asked to be neighbourised. The role should be used to try get cop/watcher/tracker info shared by a number of players so if a player goes down as town cop then that info is not lost that night phase as another player has that info. So I can't see a reason for Snake to be asking to be neighbourised day 1, maybe after a few days so he can keep this info save but not day 1.

I don't think it works like that. I think that Vanilla/Goons get a "basic no role" result.

It is a good point though, it is far more prudent to investigate the claimed VT's to check for liars. Investigating Snake just smacks more of snooping. Especially without prior suspicion of the person you investigated.

well as far as I'm concerned Goon is a role so I don't see that being the case but lets ask

MOD QUESTION IS GOON CONSIDERED TO BE A ROLE IN GAME?

SMS if you thought Lion would be investigated by a cop you still had a number of other vanilla claims you could have checked and also did you not consider that there may either be 1) a scum cop or 2) no cop in game given that really the first player in the game should be going for the most important role and so no one else might have tried going for that role?

Archived