Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

Neighbourising proves nothing, Ron. You could easily be scum. For this day, my suspicions are on thee whole ATG wagon. That was a bullshit lynch and I want good reasons from all of you.

Of course not. I'm not scum, but I easily could be, you're right. Same could be said about you or anyone in the game. As for my reasons for lynching ATG? Well, I know I'm not scum, and given that there were potentially three night kills last night the town could quite possibly have been hammered. I'd rather have voted for someone I didn't know the allignment of (plus someone who could have slipped under the radar had they stayed alive) than potentially lose me (I know I'm town) and three others overnight, immediately putting the town in a horrendous place. It was a pot luck lynch, I'll admit. But as it stands I don't think it's caused us a great deal of damage.

Why 3 potential night kills Ron?

This was what I was about to ask, the only way there could be three night kills in this set up is if there is a bomb and they are hit by one of two kills possible each night. (scum kill and either odd or even vig.)

--

Ron there is no vigilante only an odd or even one.

Just looked back at the powers, I didn't realized it was an odd AND even night vig. Thought there was an odd night vig AND a regular vig.

Didn't see your answer before my last post, it still doesn't sit well with me but right now unvote

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tom - You made a vanilla claim last day, are you willing to disclose which role you applied for?

Bristep can you explain you reasoning for asking this question, as the only reason I can see to ask this is anti-town so I want to see why you have asked this?

Tom is 5th on the draft list, so by that rationale whatever he claimed belongs to one of the top 4. Realistically I was hoping for whatever caused my night action to fail (i.e roleblocker or jailkeeper), but bomb is an interesting outcome since there has been a couple of people bringing that role up already. If it's someone above tom on the list then that's going to be worth looking at.

Again, you may look at this as anti-town but I don't see it that way. And if it is anti town, would I really, really just blatantly put it out there, first post of the day phase, no reasoning or context?

It makes no difference. Rolefishing at this stage is probably unwise. Scum now know not to target any of the top four. Who did you help (other than maybe a town vig)?

You've said you had a night action. Care to discuss further?

It makes no difference. Rolefishing at this stage is probably unwise. Scum now know not to target any of the top four. Who did you help (other than maybe a town vig)?

You've said you had a night action. Care to discuss further?

Ok, 2 things there. 1) "Rolefishing at this stage is probably unwise", then you ask me to discuss my role?

2) "Scum now know not to target any of the top four" Then you're sure that the scum aren't the ones with the bomb?

I'm helping town Kenny, that's who I'm helping. Now that we have a claimed bomb we can use the old one-two tactic if the wagon is on any of the top four (have the second strongest scumspect hammer). A bomb being out there means that scum are unlikely to hammer unless they know it's not in the town ranks (i.e if they have it themselves).

So, it's only likely to hurt a town hammerer or a town vig. That's why I don't think scum would go for the vig roles, because although it gives them an extra chance to kill on alternate nights, it heightens the chance of one of them dying via bomb. I think they'd be more likely to go for the bomb so that it's a known entity, and they can get an extra town kill when/if a vig/hammer happens.

The bomb reveal was not what I was looing for, I was looking for a preventative role so that I could narrow down who stopped my action, but I'm happy it's a known entity now.

I don't have time to find the post right now (I'm at work and shouldn't really be playing!) but I'm pretty sure you were rolefishing at some point on day one too. And you brought up that you had a night action, so I figured it might be something you wanted to elaborate on. I get your reasoning, but I'd be wrong not to check you on it.

No-one. Tom claimed vanilla but said he went for bomb, so we can reasonably assume that someone above him in the pecking order got it first...if Tom's telling the truth.

• Paid Members
Tom - You made a vanilla claim last day, are you willing to disclose which role you applied for?

Bristep can you explain you reasoning for asking this question, as the only reason I can see to ask this is anti-town so I want to see why you have asked this?

Tom is 5th on the draft list, so by that rationale whatever he claimed belongs to one of the top 4. Realistically I was hoping for whatever caused my night action to fail (i.e roleblocker or jailkeeper), but bomb is an interesting outcome since there has been a couple of people bringing that role up already. If it's someone above tom on the list then that's going to be worth looking at.

Again, you may look at this as anti-town but I don't see it that way. And if it is anti town, would I really, really just blatantly put it out there, first post of the day phase, no reasoning or context?

Yes but if the scum are not the role he claimed to go after and in this case the bomb now the scum are aware to not night target any of the players in the top 4 assuming that they do not hold the bomb role themselves. Tom naming a role he went after that was in the top 4 was not likely to reveal what caused a issue to your role as claimed, more information would be given if you where you specifically told that you action was blocked? So were you told that or did the action just fail?

--

Also for SMS Janitor role is not a killing role merely it hides the role of someone killed in the night, given that a townie couldn't both be a killer and a janitor this is why I stated that this was a scum only role, but I just thought I would clarify as you had the janitor role down as a killing role.

Swift makes an excellent point. Knowing that the bomb is in the top four gives the scum an angle, but also potentially protects four townies. Bristep's investigation still makes me nervous though. It kind of depends on who the bomb actually is. Unless of course Tom and a scum buddy cooked up the whole thing.

Yes but if the scum are not the role he claimed to go after and in this case the bomb now the scum are aware to not night target any of the players in the top 4 assuming that they do not hold the bomb role themselves. Tom naming a role he went after that was in the top 4 was not likely to reveal what caused a issue to your role as claimed, more information would be given if you where you specifically told that you action was blocked? So were you told that or did the action just fail?

--

Also for SMS Janitor role is not a killing role merely it hides the role of someone killed in the night, given that a townie couldn't both be a killer and a janitor this is why I stated that this was a scum only role, but I just thought I would clarify as you had the janitor role down as a killing role.

Also, if scum don't hold the bomb then that protects the top 4 players (if all town) from night kills and leaves what should be the best roles alive.

• Paid Members

--

Also, if scum don't hold the bomb then that protects the top 4 players (if all town) from night kills and leaves what should be the best roles alive.

Or alternatively if there is scum in the top 4 it means they get a fairly free ride into the end of the game.

--

Or alternatively if there is scum in the top 4 it means they get a fairly free ride into the end of the game.

If there's a significant swing of suspicion towards someone in the top 4 then have a group concensus as to who should hammer.

EBWOP Actually, another look at the list he's actually 6th at the moment so it's top 5 not 4.

So how exactly do we handle this situation?

Do we just play on carefully, ask the bomb to reveal themselves, have the names above Tom role claim, have a mass role claim and have everyone reveal their role or just suspect Tom?

I am not going to comment on my role and the bomb situation till a decision has been made as how to approach this because I don't want scum to gain any info unless we get info as well.

Archived